Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12649 - 09/01/06 03:57 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Both are not very clever, to begin with.

And usually when I see a girl sitting behind the announcers at a bkb game, on her cell phone, wearing the win or lose shirt, I don't think about how it paints the University. I think "what an idiot."

And then: "I wish I had those seats."

#12650 - 09/01/06 04:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
prairie_dog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, Kansas
We need to come out and kick some a## and all of these silly T-shirts will be a thing of the past. Let's just win, Baby. And by the way, let's party too!

#12651 - 09/01/06 04:17 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: chiknbut]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I like the "Our coach is Phat" t-shirts myself.

Much better than either of the two mentioned.

#12652 - 09/01/06 04:27 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: hail2oldku]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
Quote:

I like the "Our coach is Phat" t-shirts myself.

Much better than either of the two mentioned.

My daughter has one of those shirts. Wears it all the time.

#12653 - 09/01/06 05:01 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: hawk61]
paducahawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Great Bend KS
My suggestion for the shirts - paint them purple and sell them in Manhattan about 6 weeks into the season. . .

#12654 - 09/01/06 05:16 PM Shirt Question [Re: paducahawk]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
I saw somebody wearing a "Rock Out With Your Hawk Out" shirt last year on TV at AFH. I have never seen on of these anywhere else. It was a standard KU blue shirt, bearing a strong resemblance to the other KU "novelty" shirts (like the "Muck Fizzou" design). But I wonder now if it was a homemade effort. Does anybody know where to get one?

#12655 - 09/01/06 07:51 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: oreadical]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
There's some little shop on mass that sells a ton of KU-themed t-shirts, I think they print them. It's on the east side somewhere. It's pretty obvious when you walk by. That'd be where I'd guess.

#12656 - 09/01/06 08:37 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: KUColBond]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Thanks...I live in Wichita, but I'm working in Lawrence. I walked by that store and didn't see one in the window. I'll have to drop by when they're open and check it out.

#12657 - 09/01/06 10:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
Ditto for me. I don't like those two shirts either. KU can do better than to wear those lame classless shirts.

#12658 - 09/02/06 01:53 AM Re: Shirt Question [Re: KUColBond]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Quote:

There's some little shop on mass that sells a ton of KU-themed t-shirts, I think they print them. It's on the east side somewhere. It's pretty obvious when you walk by. That'd be where I'd guess.

JoeCollege.com

I am sending my wife down pre-game tomorrow to get me a new shirt....

"Our Coach Can Eat Your Coach"

#12659 - 09/02/06 03:23 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
I see no problem with the win or lose shirt as long as the person is not puking on national TV. However, the Muck fizzou shirt is bad. Are these sold at the bookstore or officially licensed by the University. If they are licensed then its not a good thing. KU expects to win against Mizzou every year. When Mizzou wins in BB or Football they storm the field or court. Thats my clue that they aren't up to par.

#12660 - 09/03/06 01:54 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
actorman Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Bay Area, California
"... we are poor copycats of Columbia ..."

Now THAT's hitting below the belt!!! You could be kicked off the message board for making such a vile and insulting comment!

Seriously, I'm not bothered by the "Muck Fizzou" shirts, although I can see why it would bother some people. But at least the "Fizzou" shirts make it look like people care. The "booze" shirts bother me because they make it look like our fans don't give a s**t if KU wins or not. It makes it look like KU sports are just a trivial side show, rather than the life-and-death struggle we know it to be. (The scary thing is that I'm only half-kidding--boy do I need help.)

I love the idea of the "Phat" shirts; I haven't seen those. But the best shirt I've seen had nine small LGSU kitty-cat logos with lines through them, then underneath it said, "Cats may have nine lives, but Jayhawks live forever." (I had that as my quote for a while.) I asked the person where she got it and she said they had had them made specially for her sorority. What a shame.

#12661 - 09/03/06 06:28 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: actorman]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Quote:

But the best shirt I've seen had nine small LGSU kitty-cat logos with lines through them, then underneath it said, "Cats may have nine lives, but Jayhawks live forever." (I had that as my quote for a while.) I asked the person where she got it and she said they had had them made specially for her sorority. What a shame.

oh...so her sorority is the University Daily Kansan?

#12662 - 09/03/06 08:06 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: brando]
OldEnuf2BYurDad Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I also don't like the "booze" reference. Mostly because I think there are two kinds of schools: good schools and party schools. Yeah, its just a bunch of kids who mostly don't even know the name of our starting QB who're wearing them, but still...

Mostly I don't like them because I always thought that the "Aggieville" drinking culture at KSU was a major stain on their school's image. KU needs to be known for "better" things than that.

#12663 - 09/03/06 12:30 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: OldEnuf2BYurDad]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

As a student who actually owns one of these "booze" shirts, and wore it too the game yesterday, it's not that I dont respect ku football and want them to win. Of course I want that. It's more if we win, awesome lets go drink to celebrate. If we lose, lets go drink our sorrows away. Of course I care if they win or not.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview