Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12634 - 09/01/06 01:40 PM Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
This attitude is unacceptable. Those days are over. Any student that wears those shirts needs to be reminded that the Terry Allen years are over.

#12635 - 09/01/06 01:41 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Oh yeah, and another thing. What is up with more people viewing the basketball forum than football??!! I mean, come on people! The season starts tomorrow for God's sake!

#12636 - 09/01/06 02:16 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
flange Offline
John Brown

Loc: Folsom, CA
Quote:

This attitude is unacceptable. Those days are over. Any student that wears those shirts needs to be reminded that the Terry Allen years are over.

I agree 100%. I cringe every time I see one of those stupid shirts, and not because I don't like drinking and partying.

#12637 - 09/01/06 02:18 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: flange]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
I remember when I was watching a KU basketball game on TV and saw a girl wearing one of those sitting right behind the commentators. Makes KU look really bad.

#12638 - 09/01/06 02:23 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
kansasnation Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

I remember when I was watching a KU basketball game on TV and saw a girl wearing one of those sitting right behind the commentators. Makes KU look really bad.

How does it make KU look bad? Because some students at KU like to get drunk? I'm sure KU is the only school with students that like to drink. I'm not a big fan of the shirts either but come on people, quit bitching for the sake of bitching.

#12639 - 09/01/06 02:29 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: kansasnation]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Because it gives the impression that KU students care more about drinking than anything else.

And for the record, this is because of my personal beliefs, not because I need something to complain about. I've never liked the shirts.

Edited by KUColBond (09/01/06 02:30 PM)

#12640 - 09/01/06 02:36 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
kansasnation Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Because it gives the impression that KU students care more about drinking than anything else

Actually it gives the impression that the person wearing the shirt cares more about drinking than winning or losing. If you're not wearing the shirt you don't have anything to worry about.
Now if someone wants to make judgments on a large group of people (25,000+) based on a t-shirt worn by a few then the person making the judgment isn't very bright and you shouldn't care what that person thinks anyway.

#12641 - 09/01/06 02:40 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: kansasnation]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Regardless of what you think, public opinion of a group like the University is sometimes based on how a few people act. You and I both know it's not right, but it still happens, and it would be easier to correct the few people making this negative impression than change how all those other people around the nation/world form their opinions.

#12642 - 09/01/06 02:46 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I'm with you on this one Nation, I don't see the big deal.

my top priorities when choosing apparel for game day

1.) Team colors
2.) KU logo

That's it, wear blue, and hopefully it's a KU shirt.

#12643 - 09/01/06 02:51 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Maybe we need a shirt that reads, "Win or lose, we'll still make stupid posts on the message boards."

#12644 - 09/01/06 02:56 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Lose and board don't rhyme at all, that would just be a dumb shirt.

#12645 - 09/01/06 02:59 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Good point! But we could always make it blue and put a jayhawk on it???

On the subject...."Muck Fizzou" shirts aren't very "classy" either, but they're funny. What do we expect from a t-shirt?

#12646 - 09/01/06 03:02 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Good point... the only thing I care about is when we're at home on TV and the camera pans around and you see a mix of blue, red, and whatever team we're playing. Pack the place in blue and it would be a beautiful thing.

#12647 - 09/01/06 03:03 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Agreed.

#12648 - 09/01/06 03:17 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I could do without both the Muck Fizzou and the Win or Lose shirts. For those who think it doesn't leave a negative image; grow up. And besides, Muck Fizzou is a takeoff of Tuck Fexas which was invented at Mizzou. Thus, we are poor copycats of Columbia.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview