Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1262030 - 09/12/10 01:15 PM Is Todd Haley manic depressive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the Wichita Eagle:

Chiefs learn the many faces of Todd Haley

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/1479340/chiefs-learn-the-many-faces-of.html

"Haley's angry and merciless Mr. Hyde slips back into Dr. Jekyll in a Chiefs hat calm, measured and occasionally self-deprecating."

So, how do you think the Chiefs will do this year?

#1262031 - 09/12/10 01:18 PM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive?
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Loc: East Lawrence represent!!!
8-8

#1262032 - 09/12/10 01:26 PM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: sensei]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Article from a week ago? I think the Chiefs under Haley/Pioli are going in the right way. Will be in the hunt for a wildcard at the end of the year.

#1262033 - 09/12/10 01:36 PM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: kylecof11]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
It's a well known fact that Haley hits the booze too much. Could be the stress of the start of a new season.

RCJHKU!

#1262034 - 09/12/10 05:40 PM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: KUHawkhead]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

It's a well known fact that Haley hits the booze too much. Could be the stress of the start of a new season.

RCJHKU!

Never heard of any alcohol issues, I do know that he is a dedicated family man, he may have as many kids as T_J.
Haley's style of speach reminds me much of Larry Browns, slow and deliberate, and you feel he will be calling you a dumb as at anytime.

#1262035 - 09/12/10 07:43 PM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: jammahawk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question: Is alcoholism a result of being bi polar? Or, is a person first an alcoholic then becomes manic depressive?

Regarding Larry Brown, I don't know; but that definitely sounded like Mark Mangino. Some coaches are bi polar, and others have control of their emotions, like Turner Gill and Mike Anderson. Two opposite coaching techniques, two opposite personalities.

#1262036 - 09/14/10 01:00 AM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive?
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
People are bipolar/manic depressive first and they use alcohol and/or drugs in an attempt to self-medicate their bipolar or manic depressive conditions.

#1262037 - 09/14/10 01:04 AM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: Kman_blue]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
7-9. That was the home opener on a Monday night. Chiefs had a lot of energy--but their offense, although improved, will still be in the bottom half of the NFL.

#1262038 - 09/14/10 01:09 AM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: Kman_blue]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

People are bipolar/manic depressive first and they use alcohol and/or drugs in an attempt to self-medicate their bipolar or manic depressive conditions.

Thank you for the explanation.

And, yes, a pleasant surprise with the Chiefs. Looking at each team's game stats, you would think S.D. won hands down. Hopefully, Chiefs will get more offensive going. Thank goodness for the rookies. Who would believe rookies would save the game.

#1262039 - 09/14/10 01:12 AM Re: Is Todd Haley manic depressive? [Re: pwhittemore]
HLAMFC7 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Offense was terrible. A 54 yard TD run, and starting at the opponents 20 (or whatever it was) won't happen every game. Add to that, special teams scored 7. Offense will flat out suck this year. Defense looked pretty good though.

Still going to be a long year as a Chiefs fan.

Preview