Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12148 - 04/09/07 01:33 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Right on. And good luck to the Royals also! I dont ever want to sound like it's the Yankees and everybody else. Just cause I defend my team doesnt mean there are madd holes in our lineup that need to be discussed. Pitching sucks so it will be a frustrating year.

#12149 - 04/09/07 02:02 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
"Well they should be, it's not because they are great at developing talent, it's because they can write large checks. REAL IMPRESSIVE."

IT IS A BUSINESS. Are you not reading???? It's not about developing players, that is done in high school and college.(In the U.S. anyway) Professional Baseball is about buying players, no matter where you are from, what you look like or if you like it or not. The impressive part is that others can't spent like that, and the others would be out of business. The yankees built there business on the best ball players and they still run it that way today.

#12150 - 04/09/07 02:04 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: thanksforcoming]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
A-Rod looks to be back, except in the paper it talked about his walk off granny, and then at the end talke dabout his strikeout that he had two games before. Is that guy ever going to get on tiop. I hope, he's not my favorite Yankee and he is overpaid (by the rangers, yankees are getting a deal for him) to be a third baseman, he doesn't deserve to be booed by the fans.

#12151 - 04/09/07 06:35 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

You beat the Jeter thing to the ground. Why, I have no idea! Only cause maybe you wanted to be part of the discussion and start out your chime wearing your emotions on your keyboard. It's cool though, knowing that the same guy you start out by bashing would be the same guy you would be rooting for if he was on your team. Catch 22 cause of the jersey? Wow! Again, never said Jeter was the greatest. You probably like Mark Teahan but god forbid if he signed with the Yankees as a FA in the future, what would you say then. Or Alex Gordon. Those two are a few years away from gettin' plucked by the Yanks!
Pitching has been suspect. Nothing I didnt figure in though. Igawa is overhyped. Fastball in the 80's. Breaking ball with no location. Runnung pitch counts to 2-0 way to many times. Recipe for destruction. Mussina got rocked. Pettitte didnt look the same. Pavano is unproven as a Yankee. Wait til my man Wang gets healthy, I know the Yanks cant. Sandman is still his usual badd self. But other than him , i'm not feelin this lineup of pitchers. Rocket will get madd dollars thrown at his cleats!

Man you kill me with some of your stuff. I wear no emotions on my keyboard because I understand this is nothing more than entertainment.I beat the Jeter thing down because I like watching you come to his "rescue" every single time like his personal body guard and it's fun to needle you a bit. Now who is wearing the emotions on the sleeve now...thought so. The really funny thing is the whole I bashed a guy but would love him on my team. Read closer. I said I would love A-rod on my team and I NEVER said anything negative about him. You can keep Jeter and I would not want him. There are to many other shortstops who do the same things and some even better. Tehan is an ok player but I would not call myself a fan but I have to tell you the days of Yankees plucking anybody from the Royals look to be over so guess you better get used to the 70's and 80's all over again. Now won't that be fun!

#12152 - 04/09/07 07:19 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

You have the wrong Yankeefan if your hopin for some kind of negative vibe. I was posting cause he isnt as overrated as you would daydream! Wishful thinking is just a wish! Count the rings! Number 5 on the horizon for the HOF SS to fit the thumb. 27 for the greatest franchise ever! You cant exceed Jeter's leadership and numbers. No SS playing can. Good luck! And we will continue to treat the Royals as our quadruple A farm team!

#12153 - 04/09/07 07:54 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Rings don't always equal greatness. Herb Pennack has 3 (do you even know who he is without looking him up?) Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, and Cal Ripken have one. So is Herb greater than these guys because he has two more rings? Hardly, especially considering 99.9% of people don't even know who he is including you. I will not argue Jeters leadership but multiple players at SS can exceed his numbers all day long and twice on Sunday. The problem I have with Jeter is his "greatness" has been bestowed on him because he is a Yankee. If he played in Seattle with the exact same numbers you would call him solid. I will not argue pennants either. Yankees have more than anyone all time period end of story on that one. As far as the Royals go like I said it appears to me those days may be nearing an end so I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

#12154 - 04/10/07 09:05 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

First off, if your gonna start hangin names about players you dont think I ever heard of try spelling there names right(Pennock)! Second, save it, every Yankee knows his players! Moving on. Rings do equal TEAM success. 4 out of 5 years. 3 straight if I recall. Now, was Steve Kerr better than Karl Malone? Was Robert Horry better than Patrick Ewing? No they werent, but they did do things those two never did. Ask Roger Clemens how good it felt to finally win a ring. Bottom line is some people get sic of seeing other players/teams win, especially if they drink a massive dose of haterade! Unfreeze Ted and ask him what it would of meant if he won a ring! Most HOFers who never won a ring will say something like they "had a good career" and "baseball was good to my family". But the reality is these guys are so competitive, and, like my man Lombardi said "winning isnt everything, it's the only thing", there will always be an empty space that never will be fullfilled. DJ is a good player who happens to be "great" because of the rings, thats one of the ways you seperate good from great. Bottom line on this deadhorse is you cant stand to see the Yankees win. It seems the only satisfication you can get is cushioning your "posts" stats on a Yankee thread. Have you even dropped a post about the Royals? What, maybe 1 total? Since your team sucks I can see now why you stop by a winners thread! Jeter and the Yankees will be in the playoffs. Royals wont. And Alex Gordon will be wondering in October what it would be like playing for the Yankees in April!

#12155 - 04/10/07 10:35 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

ARod is welcoming all comers this year for MVP!

These stats are just staggering: 10-27. 10 runs. 6 hr. 15 rbi. .370 ba. 1.148 slg. .......in a total of 7 games.
Basically 13 is gettin it done. Period. Now, this pace will start to pump its brakes sometime and bring everything at a level field. But when? We'll see. Tonight he just went deep for the 4th straight game. Watch for ARod to swipe a few bases this year also. ARods worst month of every year is upon us in less than 6 months. He's lookin like he is ready to take the whistle and lead us to number 27!

#12156 - 04/10/07 10:41 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

I took Pennock off the top of MY HEAD there jhawk75 so being a spelling critic is lame. Don't even pretend you knew who he was without looking him up. The truest thing you said in your thread was rings equal team success which makes my point. Rings don't make a player great especially when they play on a loaded team like the Yanks. Now, you better go back and check your figures on my Royals posts many more than one. That said you can find me on Royals board all the time which is where I spend most of my Royals talk time so try again on that one too. You are right I can't stand the Yankees winning because I can't stand the Yankees period. I don't think not fawning all over a team is a crime. It is what makes sports what it is. As far as being a Royals fan well it is much harder to love them than for you to love the Yankees so much. Anybody can ride the bandwagon of a team like the Yankees so keep patting yourself on the back for taking the easy road. Also pretty easy to make fun of a team that has been down primarily because of the atmosphere created by teams like the Yankees and Red Sox which is really the problem I have with those kind of teams. Now, if this is such a deadhorse why do you keep responding....again whose emotions are on the keyboard?

#12157 - 04/11/07 08:02 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Nobody has started this year playing better baseball than Alex Rodriguez! Cat is tearing it up!

#12158 - 04/11/07 09:21 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

The only reason I respond is because your the only one that posts! Nobody else to ballyhoo with! I post anyways, regardless who responds. Isnt it amazing how people, on a message board no less, label you as someone who doesnt know squat about a player/topic? And where do I know you from again? Look, go anywhere you want on the baseball board about history but dont, I REPEAT, DONT swim in Yankee waters. You will get sunk! The Jeter topic you will never understand. Who really cares anywayz? The guy has 4 rings, end of story. Yeah, sure 01, you have been the posting fanatic about the Royals this year. What, a total of 2 posts so far about your team this year. How many have you thrown down here on the YankeeShip? Since the Royals have nothing to gum about you wanna chew the fat on a Yankee board! Love it! On that note, everyone is welcome on the YankeeShip! Climb aboard. Oh, and Bandwagon! For the record I have been Yankee fan since my Uncle pitched for them in '77. Mike Torrez. Not a great pitcher but a good pickup before the playoffs. 2-0 v. the Dodgers. 2 complete games. Oh yeah, and he owns a ring also. When you grow up goin to Yankee games and watchin' first hand Reggie put one on the RF porch it's awfully difficult to hang other teams in your room, not to mention one of your own hurlin 2 complete ganes in a World Series. Again, where do I know you from?
Save the Royals flap. They had pisspoor management, thats the reason they sucked. Explain the 90's! Who did we take from you, Tartabull? We did you a favor on that one. Too bad Vincent Jackson didnt sign with us when he had the chance. This Moore cat I like though. Atleast he's got a pair. But hey, in the end, i'll be kickin' back sippin' on some grapes ready to cue my man Frank in......"Start spreadin' the news". You know the rest!

#12159 - 04/11/07 12:26 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Two Royals posts? Dude I told you I post Royals talk on ROYALS BOARD. Go check it out. Now, the reason I like responding to your posts is because it is FUN to get a Yankee in a dither. As far as the Royals mgmt goes they have sucked and you will get no argument from me on that one BUT the economics of baseball has a lot to do with their and many other teams downfalls and to say it doesn't is just blind. As far at your Uncle goes that is cool and I would probably be a Yankee fan if that were my uncle too. As far as Yankee waters, well I don't think I have been sunk at all but that is a matter of opinion I suppose. It's been fun having a little banter with you.

#12160 - 04/11/07 05:32 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
Rex_Walters Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Chitown
JHAWX75,

Just wondering, have you ever lived on the east coast or are you just a bandwagon Yankee fan?

#12161 - 04/11/07 05:52 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: Rex_Walters]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Na, I go there only for Yankee games. No bandwagon either, read my last post!

#12162 - 04/11/07 06:55 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Na, I go there only for Yankee games. No bandwagon either, read my last post!

As much crap as I give 75 for being a Yankee fan I would have to say he is Yankee through and through. Although that may make him disturbing to us and hard to understand I do not think he is a bandwagon fan. Now as far as taste goes that is another story altogether!

Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 >

Preview