Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11908 - 07/24/06 08:50 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: byteme]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Come on Yanks. Droppin two of three to Toronto is unnacceptable. Is Arod bein paid off by Theo and the Sox?
The Curse of ARod? Doubt it, but does strike up an argument, is ARod worth keeping or can his shoes be filled in the farm?

#11909 - 07/24/06 08:55 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
byteme Offline
Big Dipper

That's what we like to hear. Dissin' on the All-Stars. Keep up the bad mouthing and get deeper into his head since so much of the game is mental anyway. Start on Jeter next would you.

#11910 - 07/24/06 09:38 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: byteme]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Not bashing ARod at all, just repeating whats been said for 2 years now. It's happened to everyone of them, Reggie,Randy, even Jeter 2 years ago when he was hitting like .186 2 weeks before the All Star break. Even though Jeter got his share of boos they didnt last long cause of the 4 rings that accompany him everyday. Thats one of the penalties on becoming a Yankee, when your on they love you when your not they 'll let you know. Trust me, if Arod isnt making 25 mill a year you wouldnt hear all these boos(when someone like melky cabrera slumps, fans there dont even bother with the boos).

3 errors in a game. 4 k's saturday. batting .185 at home with r.i.s.p. And, oh by the way, no rings. Until ARod wins a ring with the Yanks, he will never earn his stripes.

#11911 - 07/24/06 10:16 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
byteme Offline
Big Dipper

He's just one out of 24 out there.

I understand the emotions and when you're the high dollar guy on the highest paid roster in baseball you're gonna get the lions share when not performing. I'm just saying the more they jeer, the more he'll press and the worse it will become. That will simply bring smiles to the faces of Sawks fans everywhere as one of the cogs on the machine continues to slip.

#11912 - 07/24/06 11:03 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: byteme]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Totally agree. Try convincing 56 thousand yankee fans though. When Jeter makes an error Yankee fans "say get'em next time". When ARod makes an error they say "we'll get you next time we see you".

Had it not been for the Flop Heard 'Round the World in 2004, ARod would have his ring and the boos would be softened to sighs. But, then again, if not for Red Sox pitching in '86 against the Mets the Red Sox would of won their's that year, so who cares.

No rings, no glory!

#11913 - 07/24/06 11:31 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
byteme Offline
Big Dipper

I hear ya on the rings.

Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino - why? - the ring.

KU underachieves in BB every year since '88 - why - no ring.

Conference, division, league championships mean nothing. It's the ring that's the thing.

Stupidest argument ever imo. The proof is the fan who argues one way (KU(insert school/team) is successful look at the final fours(playoff victories), league/division championships, etc), but team that fan doesn't like has those things (Cards, Yankees, Eagles, Mavs, etc) and they are chokers or suck because they don't have the ring.

#11914 - 07/24/06 11:37 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: byteme]
stevemize Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: World Golf Village, FL
Yeah, and people say the Royals suck because we don't have a ring since 1985. Well, I guess we haven't even been to the playoffs since 1985. Well, I guess we have lost 100 plus games more often than not in the last 7 years. Okay, I amit it, the Royals do suck.

#11915 - 07/24/06 01:08 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: stevemize]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

3-1 games lead for the Cards in '85. Then Denkinger saved the day. What a blown call that was. Then came game 7 and the blowout. What about Darrell Motley goin deep. Classic.

#11916 - 07/24/06 11:14 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Don't you like the Lakers in basketball?

Hmmm. Lakers in basketball, Yanks in baseball. Weird.

#11917 - 07/25/06 09:16 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: hasbeen]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

No Laker fan. Hornets fan.

However I was rooting for the Lakers to do good in the playoffs since the Hornets missed out.

RJ pitched a heck of a game last night. Jeter was his usual .350 self. I'm diggin Melky more and more every game. And Mr. Rodriguez stepped his game up a notch. I understand its his contract that allows the boos, but if you took ARod for a player,and a player only, then you would see that EVERY HOFer had slumps like this. Who wouldnt want to hit .340, bash 45 and knock in 120 every year for 12 years. Trust me, ARod will turn it up in August so stay ready.

.298....39hr.....115.......these are what ARods numbers will look like at the end of the season. These are All Star numbers for any other player but considered an "off year" for ARod.

But in the end, it's all about the ring. ARod could hit .401. Hit 74 hr's and knock in 191 rbi and still get boo'd if no ring.

#11918 - 07/25/06 09:46 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
stevemize Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: World Golf Village, FL
Quote:

3-1 games lead for the Cards in '85. Then Denkinger saved the day. What a blown call that was. Then came game 7 and the blowout. What about Darrell Motley goin deep. Classic.

I still have my blue plastic World Series cup. I says "World Champions 1985" and has the scores of all of the games. I could be a part of the Kansas City curse that has kept us out of the playoffs since 1985, but I won't go into it on this post.

#11919 - 07/27/06 04:03 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: stevemize]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Yanks are on a roll. After last nights comeback i'm jacked up. While names like Sheff, Matsui and Cano are getting stitched up, guys named Phillips,Melky,Guill and Green are keeping 'em glued together. Bring in the thundersticks of ARod and Giambi alongside smallball players like Damon,Jeter and Bernie and I wouldnt want to be pitchin' against this core of players. ARods jack was deeper than Atlantis and Giambi's landed just feet away where Neil Armstrong made a big step for mankind. Then, Enter Sandman.

Game Over

#11920 - 07/27/06 06:46 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
madcapper Online   content
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
I HATE THE YANKS> I hope they miss the playoffs and spend the rest of year wondering why money couldn't buy it all.

#11921 - 07/28/06 08:36 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: madcapper]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Hate is one of the four devils, so is envy and jealousy. Do you possess those two also towards the Yanks?

#11922 - 07/28/06 08:55 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Most people usually do when it comes to the Yankees 75!!

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >

Preview