Page 9 of 24 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12013 - 10/05/06 02:49 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
martinkufan Offline
Debaser

Loc: Too close for comfort
I hate neither A Rod or the Yankees. I just like to root for the underdog. You and I know A Rod hardly sucks but I am a guy who believes maybe MLB should have a base salary and then a player should get paid at the end of the year based on incentives and performance. I know that is an imposible theory but many players are either over or under paid and not earning what they deserve.

#12014 - 10/05/06 03:39 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: martinkufan]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
That would be the Ricky Williams contract your speaking of. Williams had the same deal when New Orleans signd him. Had madd incentives, yards, games played, yds per year, etc. That got scrapped after he got hurt in game 7 of his rookie year.

Texas Rangers should have NEVER done that deal with ARod. It put a target on his back and madd criticism from fans. But who wouldnt take that chance? I know I would. Bottom line is ARod signed on to these problems himself. His Ken Griffey Jr. rabbit ears makes him listen to what everyone says about him, along with being self conscious. Bad recipe.

I do agree with you on the contract though, but only cause he hasnt won anything to show for his worth. Winning is a good deodorant.

Todays game didnt help. 3 k's and a flyout. 1 of the k's came with bases loaded in the 2nd, looking. But thats what Steinnbrenner gets. Bring me back guys like Scott Broscious, Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez and Jim Leyritz.

#12015 - 10/08/06 08:12 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
martinkufan Offline
Debaser

Done. Season Over!

#12016 - 10/08/06 10:22 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: martinkufan]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Quote:

Done. Season Over!

wait..I thought you were talking about Joe Torre....wait...that too....

#12017 - 10/08/06 11:50 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: brando]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Wow......what a kick to the teeth!

Cant even get out of the first round...AGAIN!

Last 6 years: 3 first round exits, 2 World Series losses and a historic collapse. All while dishin' out a billion dollars in payrolls and luxury tax.

From A-Z, Damon to Derek, AFraud(performence) to GFraud(steroids), they got raked across the field.

Detroit was a dismal 9-31 to end the season. Couldnt hold a 6-0 lead on the last day of the season vs. the Royals and lost the division the same day. Drew the Yankees in the 1st round and people shut the door on'em, including me. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, upsets in playoff history. Period.

I gain a wrinkle every year my two favorite teams get bounced in the first round, Jayhawks and the Yankees. Bill Self and ARod have a shallow connection, 1st year almost is a championship. 2nd and 3rd are 1st round exits. No more 1st round exits cause i'm becoming a raisan.

#12018 - 10/08/06 01:17 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
madcapper Offline
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
Amazing what money can buy?

#12019 - 10/09/06 07:41 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: martinkufan]
martinkufan Offline
Debaser

Quote:

A Rod sure gets paid a lot of money to suck.

A Rod - "I sucked", said after Yankees were eliminated.
Wow, maybe A Rod does suck? Lets see how much of his salary he gives back to Steinbrenner.

#12020 - 10/09/06 03:01 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: martinkufan]
BradKU Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Olathe, KS
Not to start a rumor or anything but I wanted to throw this out there. There has been some speculation that AROD will not be a yankee next year. So who is willing to pick up his salary? Well, the royals have a new GM and my understanding is that he was given complete control over player personnel by the owner. Do you think there is absolutely ANY chance KROD could be a Royal? Other teams I think that could be in the market are the big names like the Mets, BoSox, Cards, LA...blah blah. What do you think?

#12021 - 10/09/06 03:20 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: BradKU]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
It'd be buying a Lambroghini when the kids don't have food or school supplies.

Alex Rodriguez has, what, four years left on his contract at about $15 million a year? That would be about 20% of the Royals payroll? Because, while there is a new GM, the owners are the same. Is AR really worth 20% of the payroll? He's no leader. He's no pitcher.

Frankly, the best thing that can happen for the Royals as far as AR is concerned is that he stay a Yankee and keep stoking the meltdown.

#12022 - 10/09/06 04:37 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: bpritchett]
byteme Offline
Big Dipper

I'm hoping the Torre is out rumors are true. Then my team of choice can waive goodbye to TLR and bring Joe back where he belongs.

#12023 - 10/09/06 04:46 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: byteme]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

This is where I have to laugh. Royals fans will bash ARod so much, but wouldn't bitch a bit if they picked him up.

#12024 - 10/10/06 09:16 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

This is where I have to laugh. Royals fans will bash ARod so much, but wouldn't bitch a bit if they picked him up.

Our budget is $45 million, ARod makes $25 million. So with a little quick math you can see that he would take up over half our budget... I'd bitch, and any Royals fan who knows anything would be bitching with me.

#12025 - 10/10/06 10:39 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Actually the Rangers are still picking up about 10 mill/season, but it would still be about 1/3 of the payroll. Of course as bad as he sucks, at least he's on the field everyday unlike the guy the Royals have taking up about a 1/4 of the payroll already who is nothing more than a glorified pinch hitter he's hurt so often.

#12026 - 10/10/06 10:40 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

With the money the Royals receive from luxary tax and renue sharing, they could spend more than $45 million.

#12027 - 10/10/06 12:19 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

With the money the Royals receive from luxary tax and renue sharing, they could spend more than $45 million.

Can you please report what that number is...it seems the math from the last several seasons doesn't support your claim.

Page 9 of 24 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 >

Preview