Page 5 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11953 - 08/21/06 04:08 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: StatHawk]
StatHawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

i am with the spanks on this one, i hate the BoSox. Go for the 5 game sweep!

Nice call, StatHawk!!!!!

#11954 - 08/21/06 04:53 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: StatHawk]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Dang I should have taken that bet!!

#11955 - 08/21/06 05:34 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Instead of having the World Baseball Classic just have the Yankees play the "other" players in an all star game.

Here's a new curse for the Sux, the curse of Johnny Damon.

Since George Herman's curse got bucked then Johnny's will start a new one.

#11956 - 08/30/06 03:36 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

You think just anyone can go and see Ortiz laid up in the 'Spital? If so, I want to get on the next flight to Boston and tell him how he just simply ripped my heart(no pun intended) out and stomped on it with his Nike's back in 2004.

#11957 - 09/01/06 02:50 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

We all feel very sorry for you Yankee fans, you must go through hell.

#11958 - 09/01/06 03:09 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Appreciate the concern. But dont. Seriously. Us toughtimesdonlastforlong Yankee fans always find a way to get through the bad times. Like wiping the tears away and signing another all-star. Damn I feel better already.

Ortiz thinks his heart is irregular? Try goin' into the 9th with Proctor on the bump for the save.

#11959 - 09/01/06 03:19 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
madcapper Offline
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
Quote:

Appreciate the concern. But dont. Seriously. Us toughtimesdonlastforlong Yankee fans always find a way to get through the bad times. Like wiping the tears away and signing another all-star. Damn I feel better already.

Ortiz thinks his heart is irregular? Try goin' into the 9th with Proctor on the bump for the save.

The Yankees will fold in October to a lesser underpaid team and then have all winter to wonder how they failed once again after spending so much money.

#11960 - 09/01/06 03:26 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I'm just messin' with you

#11961 - 09/01/06 03:57 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

tulsa- I sensed the sarcasm. You missed mine though.

#11962 - 09/01/06 04:08 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

The Yankees will fold in October to a lesser underpaid team and then have all winter to wonder how they failed once again after spending so much money.

True, all other teams are "lesser" than the Yanks. And true, all other teams are "underpaid" to.

False though when discussing October. How many haterz were hoping the Tigers would of got the best of the Yanks? Next question. How many haterz wanted to see the Yanks crumble to the Red Sox and accept a petty wild card invite? Next question. Who didnt want the Yanks to win the AL East for the 9th consecutive year? Well, it aint happenin'. Not on my watch. The Yankees built the month of October.

The only team I see to be a threat is the Twins cause of their pitching. We'll see tonight.

#11963 - 09/01/06 06:43 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
madcapper Offline
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
Quote:

True, all other teams are "lesser" than the Yanks. And true, all other teams are "underpaid" to.

False though when discussing October. How many haterz were hoping the Tigers would of got the best of the Yanks? Next question. How many haterz wanted to see the Yanks crumble to the Red Sox and accept a petty wild card invite? Next question. Who didnt want the Yanks to win the AL East for the 9th consecutive year? Well, it aint happenin'. Not on my watch. The Yankees built the month of October.

The only team I see to be a threat is the Twins cause of their pitching. We'll see tonight.

Anything less than a world championship is a failure for the Yanks. To spend that much money and not be able to buy a championship has to be a total failure.

#11964 - 09/01/06 08:27 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: madcapper]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Agreed with that. But their titles came when it was home-grown with sprinkles of vets. After the Arizona defeat is when Steinny went into panic mode and hit the button, followed with the Angels defeat in the ALDS of 2002. Its gone south for the Yanks as far as expectations the last 5 years but never will complain that Steinny doesnt give us every the best chance every year. Look at other teams and you will find their roster is filled with other teams original draft picks, teams are filled with other teams throwbacks they didnt want. Lidle is coming through, should they be penalized for that pick-up? Craig Wilson has filled a role coming over from Pittsburgh. Vets like Jeter and Williams have been staples. Posada is always a rock. Cabrera is a blessing. Cano is homegrown and a threat. And, who will soon to be the ALL-Time best closer ever, Mariano Rivera. And who wouldnt want a Giambi, Sheffield and A-Rod added tot he roster? Put Moose on the bump followed by Wang, who is a homegrown rookie also. RJ as the 3 and Wright and Lidle to finish.

Middle relief is where they would lose a game if I had to bet. Farnsworth is shady. Throws hard but is wild. Proctor is suspect. Myers is clutch only on Ortiz and a few other leftys.

#11965 - 09/01/06 08:43 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

I like Proctor, he's a very good pitcher. He has just thrown so many innings now, it makes him a liability.

#11966 - 09/05/06 09:38 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Royals had the game locked.

while only giving up one run through 7, the 8th proved to be a litle diffeent. The bombers erupted for 10 in the 8th and added another in the 9th. The 12-5 win wasnt all roses though. Rivera is still having issues with his arm and wont pitch at all this series. Nice performence by the Royals starting pitcher, cant say that for the bullpen though. Royals look much better now than the team in April and May. Still, the Yanks just have to tough-a lineup to be held down for a full 9 innings.

#11967 - 09/05/06 11:32 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Royals 5, Yankees 0. New York, shutout by Jorge De La Rosa and Todd Wellemeyer. Jeter whiffs with the bases loaded and two outs in the ninth.

Page 5 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 >

Preview