Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12163 - 04/11/07 07:06 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
F the yanks, Dice-K on the mound right now!

#12164 - 04/11/07 08:18 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
I like the first part of your statement but I don't want to fly under false colors....I feel the same way about the sox. 50 million just to say hello to Dice-K and another 50 before he ever set foot in the states let alone play MLB game. Sorry the Red Sox are part of the same problem I despise the Yankees for. I say Dice-K pitch against the Royals and seriously he was not much better then Zack Greinke that day.

#12165 - 04/11/07 09:23 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

that says more about greinke than dice-k. 6 hits over 7 innings w/ an ER and 10 K's isn't too bad of a Major league debut, is it?

#12166 - 04/11/07 09:28 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Not at all. It is a solid debut. My point was he might be just a tad overpaid and overhyped for what he brings to the table....at least so far. Hey, he may go on to be Clemens, Koufax, and Ryan all rolled into one but let's wait and see. As far as Zack goes it was just nice to see the kid pitch to his abilities especially after all he has gone through.

#12167 - 04/11/07 11:48 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Quote:

My point was he might be just a tad overpaid and overhyped for what he brings to the table....at least so far. Hey, he may go on to be Clemens, Koufax, and Ryan all rolled into one but let's wait and see.h.

exactly, 2 starts is a little early to be using words like overpaid and overhyped. but also to use names like clemens and koufax. (ryan is ok, always thought he was a little overrated, what a lifetime ERA over 5?)

#12168 - 04/12/07 12:04 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
Dice-K sucked tonight. Or maybe Felix Hernandez is just that much better. What a game for him. He will be the next Yankee.

#12169 - 04/12/07 10:11 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: thanksforcoming]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Thats two!

With Wang already on the DL, Mussina will now join him. A leg strain in last nights game to the Twins put the Moose on the goose. This is gonna be a very looooong year. Can we get my man Phillip Hughes a nod? Can we give PH a shot on the bump? I know some injuries happen while washing your car(Kent), snowboarding(Radmonavich) and even droppin a lights out meatball leg drop on your kid while wrestling on your yacht(Griffey JR.). But the ones that happen "in game" like Mussina's are the worst cause it's a routine he will do again(imo). I guess an injury is an injury when all said and done though. Farnsworth better get his lid right. 100 mph fastball with control like Ricky Vaughan. And when it does cross the plate he serves it right in the wheelhouse. Henn had good relief on a minutes notice after Mussinas injury. As did Proctor and Vizcaino. Suspect pitching though with the starters.

Alright, come on, i'm ready. Let the verbal beatings begin!

#12170 - 04/12/07 12:23 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
Long year, no pitching. Good pitching beats good hitting. I was told that by a college coach and didn't really believe it then. We could hit and our pitchers were thumbers, but we still won. I am starting to believe him now because the Yankees can put al the hitters in teh lineup they want, but if the pitching can't keep it in the park, then where does that leave you.

#12171 - 04/18/07 08:42 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: thanksforcoming]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Good outing by Chase Wright. The young lefty was just stepping into the double a shower last week. This week, stepped out and onto the bump at Yankee Stadium. Scattered 5 hits in 5 innings with 3 earned runs. Powered by this years soon to be MVP's 8th HR, Wright looked good as he got settled in. ARod is just brutalizing every pitcher and is welcoming ALL who want to stare him down from the hill. While Jeter has been struggling so far in the field, what about that phenominal play up the middle! Never underestimate the heart of a champion!

#12172 - 04/19/07 04:59 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

One day after Igawa posted his first win as a Yankee, Mr. MVP put one in the dark seats.

That's right, ARod put number 10 in the 'pen. Down 6-2 goin into the 9th and down to their final out, hell, even their final strike, the rally had just began. Josh Phelps started it with a two out HR. Posada singled on a 2-2 pitch. Damon walked with a full count. Jeter hit a rbi single. Abreu was down 1-2 and poked rbi single opposit field. Which brought up "HRod", ARod. First pitch in the dirt. Second pitch grew wings!

Now its off to Fenway Park! Where the best rivalry in sports kicks off Friday!

#12173 - 04/20/07 11:41 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Have they already engraved A-Rod's name on the MVP trophy? What a season he is having already! Imagine if he hasn't gotten hot yet? Great weekend for baseball rivalries. Cubs -Cards and Yanks - Bo Sox.

#12174 - 04/20/07 06:41 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: kuking123]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Speaking of Cards vs. Cubs, did you happen to see the interference call during today's game king?

#12175 - 04/20/07 07:08 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

HOMERUN, THERE IT GOES!! #11 for Alex Rodriguez!

#12176 - 04/20/07 07:57 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

And #12. Is ARod dialed in or what??

#12177 - 04/20/07 10:19 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: rockchalk2305]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Bullpen janks!

Randy Myers Vizcaino and Sandman spoiled what was being set up to be an Alex Rodriguez batting clinic. ARod swatted and single handily beat up the Red Sox for 8 innings until Jank Myers, Vizcaino and Jankman got called. I would be pissed if I was Pettitte! He was mowin' cats down and was in a nice groove with good location. Then the collapse! I would be heated! AS far as the 'pen goes, they better get right! Period. Back to ARod though. He is just killin it. Every atbat i'm thinkin he's gonna bash one out of the yard. That was a throwing error though he had in one of the innings tonight, ruled it a hit. Third baseman have to make that play! But the dude is flat out in a zone. With the shortage of starters the gameplan is to score madd runs and hope the bullpen holds! See how Chase Wright holds down Sunday night.

Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >

Preview