Page 16 of 24 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12118 - 04/04/07 12:22 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Before George started his selfish spending, people still loved to hate the Yankees. They hated them because they were better, they were better at running their organization, not because they spent more. Teams could compete with the Yankees if they had a solid front office. I could handle getting beat by them like the old days, when the financial playing field was even.
The need for a salary cap is a Yankee issue, they're the reason baseball needs a cap, they're the biggest offender of overspending.

#12119 - 04/04/07 01:48 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Deadhorse. Even with a cap they still would be hated. Might as well dillute the clubs of their talent and put those players on a winning team with a chance. Get over the cap issue. For every Giambi, ARod and Abreu signing there is a Cano, Jeter, Williams, Posada, Pettitte and Rivera in the farm ready to wear pinstripes.

#12120 - 04/04/07 02:21 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Agreed, this is a deadhorse, so I'll make one last comment. I am over the cap issue, I've resigned myself to the fact that baseball is broken and may never be fixed. Baseball is basically an 8 team league at best, the rest are in existance to give the large market teams another team to fill the schedule with and to develope talent, for them to use in the future.
So go ahead Yankee fans, get excited over your championship runs, they don't mean a thing, they never will. Until other teams are allowed a even playing field, the World Series trophy is just a hunk of tin.

#12121 - 04/04/07 02:32 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
I don't understand why people get pissed when teams spend money to win. The last time I looked, Major League Baseball was a business, and good businesses spend money. Every team is a business, some businesses not as successful as the others. The business with the most money, which is what professional sports is about, should have the chance to win every year. If the yankees ruined baseball, then they ruined it when they over paid Boston for Babe Ruth. In fact, that probably saved baseball. You Red Sox fans still have a franchise you can cheer for becasue the Yankees over spent on the Babe and kept the Beantown team afloat. Just another reason to be thankful for the Yankees. Not to mention all the national Icons they have produced. Baseball is back.

#12122 - 04/04/07 03:09 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: thanksforcoming]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Baseball is a business, each team being a franchise, not a seperate business. They compete against each, yet they need each other in order to survive.
Baseball needs to take a page from both the NFL and the NBA, salary caps and revenue sharing. Give eveyone a chance to be competitive. These sports realize they are one business. The NFL is a business, the NBA is a business, they all have franchises that depend on each other to be successful.
I have nothing against a team spending money, but do it without making a mockery of the competitive balance.

#12123 - 04/04/07 06:28 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
I hate the Yankees more every year. Good to be a Yankee hater because Yankee fans want to be loved so bad they just can't stand it. Kind of like Duke fans. Easy to hate hard to love.

#12124 - 04/04/07 10:59 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Easy to hate a winner, isnt it! Especially when your a Royals fan! Bill Russell even says we have too many rings!

#12125 - 04/05/07 08:22 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I like that, Duke fans = Yankee fans. Both have a since of entitlement. Only difference, Duke has respect for the game wheras Yankees have no problem doing harm to the game for their own interests.

#12126 - 04/05/07 09:13 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

"Duke has respect for the game"

You sound like KryZOOski after Henderson threw his Dusty Rhodes elbow!

#12127 - 04/05/07 09:47 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

No harm, only hit a tarhole.

#12128 - 04/05/07 10:07 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Typical shallow,hater response!

#12129 - 04/05/07 11:03 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Shallow Tarhole and Yankee hater from cradle to grave.

#12130 - 04/05/07 11:18 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
thanksforcoming Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
How do the Yankees disrespect the game. I'm pretty sure that the franchise is the model franchise of MLB. If everyone of those owners could spend money like Steinbrenner, they would. Get over it. And I'm not asking to be loved because I'm a Yankees fan, they are just the best, year in and year out. The cardinals won't even be in teh hunt this year. One hit wonder, what about the Red Sox. One hit wonder. The D-backs, one hit wonders. Name a team that is in the hunt year after year after year. If it takes money to get to that level, so be it. Nobody said the Roayls or anyone else for that matter couldn't spend that much money. The Yankees fill the stands every game, that's where their money copmes from, and that tradition started a long time ago. Fill the stands, pay the players, win mulitple world series, then tell me how you feel about your team, and I will be you saying, "They spend too much money, It's not fair, the Royals ruined th game." C'mon man, argument over. Thanks for coming.

#12131 - 04/05/07 12:41 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: thanksforcoming]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

The Yankees have almost single handely destroyed the competitive balance of MLB. By spending the way only a few can.
You say every owner would spend money like Steinbrenner if they could, well the can't. Most teams would lose money if they spent like the Yankees. Steinbrenner wouldn't spend like he does if it meant he would lose money, why would you expect the others to do so.
I won't argue with you that the Yankees are consistantly the best team every year. Well they should be, it's not because they are great at developing talent, it's because they can write large checks. REAL IMPRESSIVE.
Yes, the Yankees draw a crowd, they averaged 51,000. If you think that is their major source of cash comes from, you're wrong. The Yankees cash cow comes from T.V. The Yankees draw huge sums of cash from the Yes network. Small market teams can have standing room only crowds for every game of the season, and still they will not be able to compete with the Yankees.
It's all about the money. MLB needs to wake up, and run it's league like the NFL and the NBA. Now of course I don't expect a Yankees fan to want a fair playing field, they are after all the equivilant of the Harlem Globetrottrers vs the Washington Generals.

Edited by jammahawk (04/05/07 12:45 PM)

#12132 - 04/05/07 01:29 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

alright jamma, their are some who just want to talk baseball and stats regardless of who they hate and their are the others who are just way too channeled in on that bottle of haterade. You, unfortunaly, are the latter. Look, I hate the Red Sox but atleast I can hold an intelligent conversation about the game itself. I cant stand their players but I know ManRam is a baddass SOB. Same with Ortiz! You think the Yankees are above water cause of the YES network? Sure it's a part of their income but how bout checking MLB merchandise and see what team is bigballin'! Check those hats you seen a few of our KU players wearing. You dont have to be a fan to sport a Yankee hat, bottom line is the colors are what some like. Matter of fact the Yankees were a hot team for merchandise before teams like the Royals were swingin in the MLB nutsac! Let me check..... yep the Yankees WERE around before the YES network. That channel could get taken over by a pack of bald midgets, turn into a circus channel and they would STILL be around. The Yankees built baseball. You think the gate at Kauffman Stadium is packed more when the _______(insert team) are in town or the Yankees? .....Waiting.......!Thought so! It's fun to needle haters who cant even bring nothing good to a subject. How would you view a guy like Mariano Rivera or Bernie Williams or even Derek Jeter if they were grown from your teams farm? If Sandman had over 400 saves for your squad would you still live with strife? By the way, who in bluehaiti's is your team jamma?

Page 16 of 24 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 >

Preview