Page 15 of 24 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12103 - 01/22/07 02:38 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
and Yankee stadium does not host another winning playoff team or WS for a very very very very long time.

Ohhhh, now you know that wont happen. You Red Sock fans are too much!

#12104 - 01/25/07 07:13 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Sorry man NOT a Red Sox fan. As far as I am concerned they can fall into the same abyss the Yankees do. GO ROYALS!!!

#12105 - 01/25/07 08:28 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Oops, sorry.

Do you think the Royals overpaid for Gil?

#12106 - 01/26/07 11:15 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Yes. Everybody overpays now. The arms race was started long ago by teams like the Yanks and Sox which I don't think has been or is good for the game IMO. However, just for the record I can't stand the Yankees in general and money is just one of many reasons why.

#12107 - 01/28/07 12:34 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Royals did overpay, but they need to take more risks like that. Maybe not with a unproven taleent like Meche but atleaast that kind of money.

I understand how easy it would be to hate the Yankees. Even if there was a salary cap, Yankees would still be hated. But that mainly has to with winning. I'm a N.O Saints fan and a New Orleans Hornets fan. Being a Yankees fan is alot different than any of those. With those teams you hope. With the Yankees you expect. But I dont take that "my sh-t dont stink" attitude like some of the Yankees fans do. Look, I could come up with 10 reasons why Yankees are hated, maybe more. Bottom line is Yankees are hated and loved for overspending.

#12108 - 01/28/07 06:21 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

I am in the same boat. I am a Cowboys fan which is essentially the Yankees with pigskins so I understand exactly what you mean. It is pretty much a love them or hate them proposition with teams like the Cowboys, Yankees, or in an individual sport Tiger Woods.

#12109 - 04/02/07 11:41 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Welcome back my baseball ballers! Another season is upon us and it's good to be talking baseball again.

while the Yankees struggled with the Devil Rays, it was good to see a decent outing by Pavano. They definitly need him to pick up this rotation this year. Looks a little shady to me. Pettitte, Wang and and newcomer Kei Igawa all will be tryin to pick up a rhythem in the Bronx. ARod needs to grow some balls in the burro. Take on Reggies attitude! Losing Sheffield sucked. He'll knock 30 plus and drive in maybe 100 for the Tigers. Abreu is the important piece this year. Look for Wang to have a chance at a Cy Young award. We'll see though. Giambi will get his. Cano is the man. And Jeter just needs to be his normal self and do what he did last year. Glad the Royals beat the Red Sox to kick off the season. Got tickets for that Dice K circus Thursday.

#12110 - 04/03/07 12:44 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Rock on Yankees!!! Good start yesterday, Pavano was solid, just about all NY could ask from him.

#12111 - 04/03/07 02:14 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Yankees have ruined the sport I used to love. Great for Yankee fans, terrible for everyone else.
Enjoy all your championships, they are meaningless, totally meaningless.

#12112 - 04/04/07 08:12 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Amazing how ONE franchise is tagged with "ruining" baseball. Ask Detroit, Anahiem(L.A), Red Sox, Florida and Arizona if they care who the Yankees had on their teams. Bottom line is the Yankees havent won squat since '01 and people still say they "ruined" baseball. Rejoice Yankeehaters, rejoice! Dont confuse payroll with players. Payroll: Yankees overspend every year, no question. Players: look up and down the rosters of ALL teams that will be contending this year and you will find that even their lineups are sprinkled with players that came from other teams. Hate'em cause of Steinbrenner. Hate'em cause your squad stinks. But dont hate'em cause a team is in a position every year to contend for a title. Isnt that why the game is played?

#12113 - 04/04/07 08:58 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Yes I blame the overspending on the Yankees. They may not win it every year, only because they make lousy player aquisitions. Randy Johnson? terrible move, cost millions.
Overspending does not quarantee championships, but it does let you compete, and the Yankees are competitive every year, which is something most of the major leagues can't do.
Must be nice to be able to have a player like Jeter. Develope him, and keep him for as long as you wish. Most teams can only develope talent, and then deal him to a contender when the market has him overpriced.
Yes I blame the Yankees. They created this mess. They may not win it all, but they can afford to always have a chance every year.

#12114 - 04/04/07 09:27 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Yankees are opposed to baseball having a world draft. A world draft would pool all the players from Latin America and Japan in the amature draft. As it is now, the Yankees can go down to Latin America and throw millions at a 16 year old prospect, and hope he developes (Mariano Rivera). They can go to Japan and bid against just a few of the big spenders for talent.
Maybe having this unfair advantage is the only way the Yankees can stay competitive.

Edited by jammahawk (04/04/07 09:29 AM)

#12115 - 04/04/07 09:47 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Were you aware that there is no salary cap in baseball? Yankees are playing well within the rules that have been around for decades. If they didnt pay Jeter someone else would. Even if they grow their talent and keep them the Yankees still get criticized for paying him madd dollars. Why let farm grown talent bail cause you lost your wallet? Sure they overspend, i'm the first one to vent madd criticism cause of that problem. But what do you do as a fan? Shake your head and hope it materializes and doesnt inplode. I'm fully in agreement with you though on overspending.

#12116 - 04/04/07 10:48 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I wish there was a salary cap, and a minimum amount as well. I understand that the Yankees have to spend insane money in order to retain talent such as Jeter. That is a problem that I blame them for creating.
You know your baseball, you're lucky enough to have a team that is in the club of the "haves". Surely you recognize the uneven playing field that has been created. The game will not be legit until each team has a equal chance at the beginning of the season. That is not the case today.
Revenue sharing has helped some, but baseball needs to divide up the t.v. money. Steinbrenner rakes in the cash from the YES network, just by the mear fact his team is in N.Y.

#12117 - 04/04/07 11:56 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

The fact that there is no salary cap is the reason for this discussion. Period. Doesnt sound like a Yankees issue. More like a MLB issue. What was people's complaints when they grew their own talent in the 20's-60's and ruled baseball with more rings than Liberace? Dont get it twisted, Yankees were born before George and will live after George.

Page 15 of 24 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 >

Preview