Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12088 - 12/05/06 07:54 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Great stuff, thanks a lot. I tried telling 75 the same thing about Jeter not too long ago on the MVP thread but he doesn't like to hear it.

On that subject I'll say this; I don't think Derek Jeter was the MVP of the AL this year, but if his only competition was Justin Morneau, Jeter should have won it. I don't think Morneau was the MVT (Most Valuable Twin), let alone MVP.

#12089 - 12/05/06 07:55 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: tulsahawk13]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Really?

Quote:

"As much as I hate to say it, Jeter probably deserves it at this point, he's had a career year".

Signed,
tulsahawk13

#12090 - 12/05/06 08:04 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Who shoould of?

#12091 - 12/05/06 08:09 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Joe Mauer. Better numbers across the board at a harder position to play for a team that would have been utterly dead in the water without him. Jeter would probably be next on my list, but the kind of numbers Mauer put up as a catcher are damned impressive.

#12092 - 12/05/06 08:11 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: Hawk1990]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Right on.

Mauer was on point this year.

#12093 - 12/10/06 09:16 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Pettitte back in stripes.

Uh-Oh, can you hear Roger's clock........tick tock, tick tock.

Roger wanted to win one for Houston before retiring but the time for him has come. Come home, Roger. Come back to the team who helped you solidify your career and not only will be the modern day Murderers Row with the bats, but who could possibly possess the best rotation in MLB with you on board.

Where else you goin', Boston? Look at their rotation, suspect. Beckett is overrated. Schilling's best is WAY behind him. Clement is a bust. Pappelbon is not proven as a starter. And DMat is about to suck their wallet up without even stepping foot on american soil.

Why go through that chaotic mess in Boston or stay with Houston, who is going nowhere, when you could come back home to get ring #3.

#12094 - 12/10/06 10:49 AM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Amen my Yankee brother!! I wish Pettitte would have never left, but I am very happy he is back. And that does give us a leg up for signing the Rocket. And it looks like Boston won't even sign DMat!!

#12095 - 12/10/06 04:20 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Pettitte back in stripes.

Uh-Oh, can you hear Roger's clock........tick tock, tick tock.

Roger wanted to win one for Houston before retiring but the time for him has come. Come home, Roger. Come back to the team who helped you solidify your career and not only will be the modern day Murderers Row with the bats, but who could possibly possess the best rotation in MLB with you on board.

Where else you goin', Boston? Look at their rotation, suspect. Beckett is overrated. Schilling's best is WAY behind him. Clement is a bust. Pappelbon is not proven as a starter. And DMat is about to suck their wallet up without even stepping foot on american soil.

Why go through that chaotic mess in Boston or stay with Houston, who is going nowhere, when you could come back home to get ring #3.

Come home Roger? He is home but you could make an argument for Boston. Toronto was for the money and New York was for a ring. Yanks can have Pettite and his 6+ era. Staring to look desperate in Yankee land.

#12096 - 12/10/06 07:15 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Home is where the rings are.

Pettitte will be revived in NY.

And what up with the DMat dude in Boston? Big money he was askin for.

#12097 - 12/10/06 07:31 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Home is where the rings are.

Pettitte will be revived in NY.

And what up with the DMat dude in Boston? Big money he was askin for.

Tell that to Ernie Banks. Mr. Cub has no rings and would not want to play anywhere else.

#12098 - 12/10/06 07:45 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

And i'm sure Dan Marino would say the same.

But my "home" reference was towards the Yankees.

#12099 - 12/10/06 11:27 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
SuperMario726 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: New Zealand
The Red Sox rotation has the potential to be one of the most intriguing and top line rotations in baseball. Everyone who knows the Red Sox knows Schilling wants to go out on top, not to mention Beckett showed his brilliance through at times in the season and now has had time to adjust to AL, then theres Papelbon who wasnt supposed to close last year but turned out to be one of the best in the business flat out dominating for a rookie. DMat is a predicted number 1 or 2 but with this rotation the most he'll have to be is a number 3 and should be able to find success and then to close the rotation theres always the dependable Tim Wakefield. You arent getting a brilliant pitcher in TW but you know you're getting innings and quality starts from the knuckleballer. I wouldnt exactly say the situation in Boston is "chaotic"

#12100 - 12/11/06 04:34 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: SuperMario726]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

I would love for Rocket to finish as a Rsock and stick it to the Yankees. I think in the minds of most (with exception of Yankee fan) he is and will forver be a Red Sox pitcher. I know this is not likely but I guy can dream and hey anything is possible just look at my Royals who might actually field a team worth watching. Who woulda thunk it.

#12101 - 01/16/07 05:21 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Rocket will be a Yankee.

2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium. Glad they are hosting it before YS is vacant. Madd memories in that ballpark. The pinetar incident. Mr. October. Boones tater in '03. However, with good, there is some bad. Red Sox winning games 6 and 7 in '04 to be specific. Johnny hittin that GS sits the most. ARod's ballslap was a downer also. Oh well. The highs definitly outweigh the lows.

Big ups to MLB for finalizing Yankee Stadium in 2008. Well, probably not finalizing since that will actually be in late October.

#12102 - 01/16/07 05:39 PM Re: Yankees. [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Rocket will be a Yankee.

2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium. Glad they are hosting it before YS is vacant. Madd memories in that ballpark. The pinetar incident. Mr. October. Boones tater in '03. However, with good, there is some bad. Red Sox winning games 6 and 7 in '04 to be specific. Johnny hittin that GS sits the most. ARod's ballslap was a downer also. Oh well. The highs definitly outweigh the lows.

Big ups to MLB for finalizing Yankee Stadium in 2008. Well, probably not finalizing since that will actually be in late October.

Well I hope you are wrong about Rocket and Yankee stadium does not host another winning playoff team or WS for a very very very very long time.

Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 >

Preview