Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1165049 - 03/21/10 10:07 PM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell **** [Re: appyhawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Hope they can hear me from here.
Seems like it might be a kiss of death, but I'll sure be rooting for them.

this.

#1165050 - 03/21/10 10:18 PM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: sevenyearhawk]
HawkRawker Offline
Eunuch

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
No, Kentucky will easily win the title this year. The only team that could have rattled them would have been us. They are peaking at the right time. Cornell might keep it close in the first half...but that's it.

#1165051 - 03/21/10 10:27 PM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: HawkRawker]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I have Cornell moving on to the Elite 8 by beating UK as well. I like Wittman and Dale, and they have SENIORS compared to freshmen.

GO BIG RED!!

#1165052 - 03/22/10 12:19 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: kylecof11]
KyKat Offline
Baby Jay

Not happening. You can take the blue and red lens from your glasses and come back to earth. The entire state of Kentucky was in applause as the seconds waned away and UNI was the victor! NICE CHOKE JOB !!!

#1165053 - 03/22/10 12:20 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: KyKat]
brobinson86 Offline
Big Dipper

I hate to say it but UK seems to be on a mission, and when focused we were probably the only team that could hang with them

#1165054 - 03/22/10 01:58 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: brobinson86]
AlaskanJayhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Kentucky right now is looking great. To say they are invincible is stupid. These guys can be beat. After the first round, I truly believe a smaller school like UNI or Cornell or so forth WILL win the title this year. Kentucky has the same problem we do and that is defending the three. If you think saying Cornell can beat Kentucky is asinine, then you are wrong. They can beat Kentucky because every team has that one night....

Plus, I might kill myself if Kentucky wins the title. I have BANNED cbs from my television until the tourney is over. And ESPN is not allowed to be viewed on ANY computer in my proximity. I know I'll find out, but I'll be damned if I hear Kentucky won it. i rather have Misery win.

#1165055 - 03/22/10 08:06 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: KyKat]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Quote:

Not happening. You can take the blue and red lens from your glasses and come back to earth. The entire state of Kentucky was in applause as the seconds waned away and UNI was the victor! NICE CHOKE JOB !!!

I bet they are. Scared as hell that the Jayhawks would've crushed UK's soon to be abandoned NCAA appearance.

Thanks for clarifying that.

RCJHKU!

#1165056 - 03/22/10 08:12 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: KyKat]
LarryNative Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Okay, thanks for dropping by. Good to know the 'entire state of Kentucky' is as represented by you. Enjoy your brief return to relevance.

#1165057 - 03/22/10 08:17 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: LarryNative]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Quote:

Enjoy your brief return to relevance.

More like "Countdown to the forfeitures has begun..."

#1165058 - 03/22/10 09:17 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: bpritchett]
CataClysmic Offline
Baby Jay

Hello Everyone, I am new to your board but would like to address a few of your topics. I am a die-hard KY fan with one exception, I AM REALISTIC. First and foremost I do applaud your passion for your Jayhawks, you love them as I love my Wildcats, but not all of "us" Cat fans are ugly in the way that some fans represent. I will say that I am sorry you guys got beat, I really wanted a final game showdown with what I myself thought was the best team in college hoops, but hey, it happens. That being said, I DON'T think that KY is going to win the title this year, there are just too many things that they don't do well enough (defend the 3) when it matters to say that they are a 'lock' to win this thing. Now, lets address all the stuff about Coach Calipari. I just don't really know about this guy. Cal has NEVER been lets say "convicted" but he has been accused, and that always leaves a bit of doubt in a persons mind, "doesn't pass the smell test" as my Grandmother would say, my gut says that he is clean, why do wrong when so many eyes are watching, and they ARE watching, waiting. If we get to the Final Four, it will be a small miracle, we play to the level of our competition on many nights and you never really know which team will show up. All that being said, please try to remember that I come in peace, only trying to let people know that not all KY fans are unrealistic, I LOVE my Cats, and will root for them till the end but. . .

#1165059 - 03/22/10 09:20 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: CataClysmic]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Cornell was the closest thing KU saw to Northern Iowa all year. I think the pressure will get to Kentucky's young guys at some point. Might as well be against the Big Red. Go Cornell!

#1165060 - 03/22/10 09:41 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: jayhawk1996]
Hawks_And_Cats Offline
Suck it, Geezer

Loc: The Coolest Place on Earth
Cornell was much better than UNI. We just played a much better game that day. Not sure they can beat Kentucky but I hope they can give them a good game.

#1165061 - 03/22/10 09:43 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: CataClysmic]
LarryNative Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Hello Everyone, I am new to your board but would like to address a few of your topics. I am a die-hard KY fan with one exception, I AM REALISTIC. First and foremost I do applaud your passion for your Jayhawks, you love them as I love my Wildcats, but not all of "us" Cat fans are ugly in the way that some fans represent. I will say that I am sorry you guys got beat, I really wanted a final game showdown with what I myself thought was the best team in college hoops, but hey, it happens. That being said, I DON'T think that KY is going to win the title this year, there are just too many things that they don't do well enough (defend the 3) when it matters to say that they are a 'lock' to win this thing. Now, lets address all the stuff about Coach Calipari. I just don't really know about this guy. Cal has NEVER been lets say "convicted" but he has been accused, and that always leaves a bit of doubt in a persons mind, "doesn't pass the smell test" as my Grandmother would say, my gut says that he is clean, why do wrong when so many eyes are watching, and they ARE watching, waiting. If we get to the Final Four, it will be a small miracle, we play to the level of our competition on many nights and you never really know which team will show up. All that being said, please try to remember that I come in peace, only trying to let people know that not all KY fans are unrealistic, I LOVE my Cats, and will root for them till the end but. . .

Thank you, and I say that this time without the sarcasm, for dropping by. I actually love it when fans from other teams come here and want to talk intelligently about basketball. I know KU has just as many d-bags out there that don't accurately represent our fan base either. You guys do have a great team. Love the fire in the young guns' bellies. Not sure you can go all the way either, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

-LN

#1165062 - 03/22/10 10:05 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: LarryNative]
dnvrhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Ganja State
Calipari has never had to pay for his 'transgressions', and most likely never will, so why not continue to break the rules? He moves to better programs, makes more money and gets more attention. He's obviously not concerned about his reputation or ethics, so why change now?

#1165063 - 03/22/10 10:07 AM Re: Kentucky vs. Cornell [Re: LarryNative]
manofleisure Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: United States
I hope Cornell can beat them, but I am not holding my breath.

However, I puzzled by this:
>>>Plus, I might kill myself if Kentucky wins the title. I have >>>BANNED cbs from my television until the tourney is over. ?>>>And ESPN is not allowed to be viewed on ANY computer in >>>my proximity.

The tournament is a basketball fan's dream. Even though we lost, which just crushes, how in the world can you simply ignore the beauty that is March Madness? I can't comprehend NOT wanting to watch great college basketball, no matter who's playing. Just my two cents.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview