Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1146582 - 03/08/10 07:36 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: jayhwk01]
ku_painter Offline
Pixel Gangster

Loc: Rockin a dial-up connection
I think my initiation lies with the circumstances around the injury.
Its Spring Training and I don't understand sliding in head first ? (because of the risk of injury)

Secondly, and thsi is all rumorville, but it was thrown around that he was sliding head first because his hip was/is still sore.

Anyhoo, I agree with those who say we need to keep him for now

#1146583 - 03/09/10 12:55 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: ku_painter]
jamboslice Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park, KS
It would be really telling if his hip is still sore. AROD had the same thing last year and came back just fine (although we don't know how much roids he needed to do that) to finish off the season. If AG is still suffering from this injury, he might just be too injury prone to ever expect much out of.

#1146584 - 03/09/10 01:17 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: jamboslice]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
No offense, but they traded the wrong guy to the White Sox. All runners had been instructed to slide feet first. AG reminds me of Texas basketball...all potential, no results.

#1146585 - 03/09/10 01:26 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: NotAPuke]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
No, they traded the right guy. Teahen's not worth his paycheck at this point. And Gordon was much better than you think in '07 and '08.

#1146586 - 03/09/10 04:58 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: JFish26]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Gordon is not that good in the infield, and his hitting has been spotty. He was great in college, but even the lowly Royals aren't college.

#1146587 - 03/09/10 05:12 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: NotAPuke]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Gordon is not that good in the infield, and his hitting has been spotty. He was great in college, but even the lowly Royals aren't college.

WAR = Wins Above Replacement.

Gordon wasn't great, but he wasn't too shabby either.

#1146588 - 03/09/10 05:54 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: NotAPuke]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

No offense, but they traded the wrong guy to the White Sox. All runners had been instructed to slide feet first. AG reminds me of Texas basketball...all potential, no results.

I will defend AG and the Royals for drafting him when they did, but him reminds me so much of the 13-14 year old kids I coached. All they were interested in was blowing bubbles while fielding ground balls, making sure their pant legs covered the heal of their cleets, and going for style points like sliding head first when it isn't necesary on the field.
I'm hoping AG isn't as uncoachable as these kids were, his realized potential is needed on this team.

#1146589 - 11/02/11 10:43 PM Re: Gordon questionable for Opening Day [Re: jammahawk]
jnewell Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Bumpity bump bump.

Notice JFish's posts. Great call.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview