Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1144025 - 03/05/10 10:08 AM Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? *****
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its the day before the Mizzou game, and not much on the board about it. Maybe without Norm Stewart around, we Jayhawks can't seem to get as Mizzou aroused as years past. Mike Anderson is too nice of a guy!

On the other hand, the K-State basketball rivalry may be resurrected.

#1144026 - 03/05/10 10:10 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Still hate Missouri. Game still means something. But since it has little significance this year in the Big 12 conference race, it has lost some luster (but just for this year).

#1144027 - 03/05/10 10:13 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
1. K-State fans come on here waaay more than Mizzou fans do, so therfore there is a lot more conversation.
2. We have the Big 12 title locked up, we didn't until we beat K-State, and we aren't going for 16-0. But if we were I think these would be going crazy.
3. It is only 10 in the morning....

#1144028 - 03/05/10 10:13 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: pwhittemore]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It's gotten a little bigger in football. Basketball has subsided a bit with the long win streak at AFH.
I'm predicting a KU win tomorrow at the Paige.

#1144029 - 03/05/10 10:15 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: pwhittemore]
jkjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I'm looking at the upcoming Mizzou game as a nice practice for our players, nothing more. It's a nice opportunity to subject them to an hellish, hate-filled environment to toughen them up just a little bit more.

#1144030 - 03/05/10 10:16 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: pwhittemore]
jeff1971ks Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Wichita, KS
I'm thinking that our guys will be fired up to win there because they lost there last year. About the only significance the game has on the conference is that a KU win will most likely force Mizzou to play in the first-round of the Big 12 tourney.

#1144031 - 03/05/10 10:16 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: pwhittemore]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I think the Misery rivalry is somewhat less intense than it used to be. Kind of a mirrors the rivalry melting vs KState.
These days a game against Misery is more along the lines of repeated attempts to administer an anti-slavers attitude adjustment.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#1144032 - 03/05/10 10:19 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: appyhawk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
KU lost there last year and lost to Missouri in football this year.
I'd prefer a clean sweep.

#1144033 - 03/05/10 10:19 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Its the day before the Mizzou game, and not much on the board about it. Maybe without Norm Stewart around, we Jayhawks can't seem to get as Mizzou aroused as years past. Mike Anderson is too nice of a guy!

Not for me. KSU being good one year does not equal rival. 40-2 says it all. Mizzery has risen up and got us way more often and at the end of the day good or bad it is still Mizzou no matter how bad Timmy and the KSuckers want us to think of them as our "main" rival.

#1144034 - 03/05/10 10:20 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: appyhawk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else think the rivalry was bigger when Norm was the coach? Boy, Norm Stewart really got your blood boiling.

I went to KU twice, finally finishing at UMKC. I did not go to the graduation ceremony, instead waiting for the diploma to arrive in the mail. I opened the diploma package from UMKC, and it said at the top in big letters University of Missouri. Period. All I could see in my mind was Norm grinning at me and I could kill him.

#1144035 - 03/05/10 10:25 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

" I opened the diploma package from UMKC, and it said at the top in big letters University of Missouri."

That diploma would NEVER be displayed.....ever. My resume might even say attended college did not graduate.

#1144036 - 03/05/10 10:55 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: jayhwk01]
Wesman25 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

My problem is that its harder for me to not like Mike Anderson. His UAB teams were fun to watch when they had those Jordan twins i think (not sure about the name). He isn't a bad coach and I miss the old days when it was fun to rant on Quin Snyder.

Same with Frank Martin. At least he's an interesting coach to watch on the sideline. Hah.

I still don't like Mizzou, but I did expect them to do a little better than they have this year. I'm sure many feel the same. Not to mention the fact that MU fans on these boards would have so much less to rant about than a KStater this year.

#1144037 - 03/05/10 11:01 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: Wesman25]
chalmers2wright Offline
Baby Jay

Ronell and Donell Taylor?

#1144038 - 03/05/10 11:05 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: chalmers2wright]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Mizery fans will be over here throwing cotton balls as soon as they think it's safe.

#1144039 - 03/05/10 11:12 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: Wesman25]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My problem is that its harder for me to not like Mike Anderson. His UAB teams were fun to watch when they had those Jordan twins i think (not sure about the name). He isn't a bad coach and I miss the old days when it was fun to rant on Quin Snyder.

I still don't like Mizzou, but I did expect them to do a little better than they have this year. I'm sure many feel the same. Not to mention the fact that MU fans on these boards would have so much less to rant about than a KStater this year.

Yes, its hard not to like Mike Anderson. He is incrediblly different from Mizzou's prior two coaches. His game is fun to watch. I remember when we were without a coach, and if Bill did not take the job, I was hoping KU would consider Mike Anderson at UAB. His teams were fun to watch.

I would not be surprised to see MU go far again in the NCAA Tournmanent. Mizzou would be a hard opponent to prepare for, if you haven't played against that style of ball..

#1144040 - 03/05/10 11:29 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The MU/KU football rivalry has definitely surpassed the basketball one over the last few years.

That said, how would everyone have answered this question last year when KSU was unranked and it was #16 KU vs #17 MU and #15 KU vs #11 MU for our two matchups?

People are just focusing more on KSU this year because of the number out front of their name, and because KSU fans talk more trash than MU fans.

We're 8-1 against KSU since huggie and martin arrived in manhattan, not much of a rivalry outside of trash talk that ksu doesn't follow through on.

MU is very much still the big rival in my eyes, one year of KSU being ranked isn't going to change that.

#1144041 - 03/05/10 11:48 AM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Rivalry is far from dead. Missouri is just having a rebuilding year.

#1144042 - 03/05/10 12:01 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: jkjhawk]
rockchalk80 Offline
stuck in red clay

I'm looking at the upcoming Mizzou game as a nice practice for our players, nothing more.

I am not counting on a breeze win... if the 'Hawks lose their edge or come out flat---it could be an OSU-type of performance.

#1144043 - 03/05/10 12:06 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The ksu game the other day was so emotional, that I am having a hard time getting amped up for tomorrow. Wednesdays game took it out of me.

#1144044 - 03/05/10 12:11 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: MICHHAWK]
tbhagz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Your mom's house
I Chalked it up the the fact that most Mizzery fans either don't have internet connections to their trailers or they just can't type.

#1144045 - 03/05/10 12:14 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: MICHHAWK]
DickyB Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: St. Louis MO
Three of the biggest sporting days in my household are the 2 games against Meth U in basketball and the one game in football. I was born and raised in St. Louis and moved back after graduation. I have to put up with their douchness 24/7, 365. To me, KSU is a afterthought compared to the games against the slavers.

Edited by DickyB (03/05/10 12:16 PM)

#1144046 - 03/05/10 12:22 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
Quote:

Mizery fans will be over here throwing cotton balls as soon as they think it's safe.

+1

#1144047 - 03/05/10 12:37 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: hawk61]
SuperCorona Offline
Flash Bazbo

Loc: Summerville, SC
As far as the conference season goes, there's nothing better than beating them in the Walnut Bowl of Doom.

#1144048 - 03/05/10 12:38 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die? [Re: SuperCorona]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

As far as the conference season goes, there's nothing better than beating them in the Walnut Bowl of Doom.

Nicely done.

#1144049 - 03/05/10 12:42 PM Re: Is Missouri rivalry starting to die?
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Quote:

careful now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview