Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1143780 - 03/04/10 09:19 PM Describe your good luck clothing for game days *
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you wear have particular game day clothing you wear for good luck? What's it look like and did your outfit help you win the game? Saturday I am going to wear my most colorful crimson and blue sweatshirt that has a Jayhawk and a basketball and says, 2008 NCAA National Champions. And, I am going to wear my warmest, most comfy socks that are black with gold lines and MIZZOU in gold letters on one side, and a gold tiger on the other side.

#1143781 - 03/04/10 09:23 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
ColdWarKid Offline
Wildcat Killer

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Since its tattooed down my ribcage, I always wear "Ad Astra Per Aspera" on my skin.

Plus I've got several National Champions t's that come in handy.

Plus the myriad of Big 12 Champs t's that I've got at my disposal.

Plus I just added a Gameday KU flag on my porch. That helps.

I don't get your MU socks though. Irony?

#1143782 - 03/04/10 09:23 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
JasonBennett Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Whereabouts Unknown
I will wear my large, fuzzy pink hat

#1143783 - 03/04/10 09:31 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: ColdWarKid]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I thought about adding a porch flag, but I'm afraid my house might get vandalized. I live in Missouri. Office Secret Santa gave me the Tiger socks. I thought socks were just socks, but these are very snuck and warm, just what you need during games when your feet turn into ice cubes. Now I need some gloves when the hands turn cold during the games.

#1143784 - 03/04/10 09:39 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
JHawkJR Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: OPKS
big KU flag on the front porch, the only days it doesn't fly is 7/4 and 9/11.

I have reversible KU bball shorts, blue on one side, red on the other. I wear the same side out until they lose, then turn them inside out until the next loss, and i only wash them at the end of each season...oh yea, i'm superstitious alright

#1143785 - 03/04/10 09:40 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
TDub23 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Seatown

I thought about adding a porch flag, but I'm afraid my house might get vandalized. I live in Missouri. Office Secret Santa gave me the Tiger socks. I thought socks were just socks, but these are very snuck and warm, just what you need during games when your feet turn into ice cubes. Now I need some gloves when the hands turn cold during the games.

UM?? I think the appropriate response to that gift would be burning those slaver rags...not wearing them....what is wrong with you? Wearing MU socks....good lord.

#1143786 - 03/04/10 09:42 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: TDub23]
JHawkJR Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: OPKS
i'd probably use them to wipe my arse then burn them

#1143787 - 03/04/10 09:43 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: JHawkJR]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Clothing? lobsters don't wear clothing.

#1143788 - 03/04/10 09:44 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: JHawkJR]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Mostly I just wear my thong.

And nothing else.

Unless I'm going out.

In which case I put on shoes.

#1143789 - 03/04/10 10:28 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: DCHawk1]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Was super superstitious. Used to have a pair of KU socks and a KU hat that I'd put on for rallies. In 2008 I said I wouldn't do anything superstitious all year--so my superstition was not to be superstitious. That same year my backpack along with the socks were stolen at a bar.

KU won the title. I still have the KU shirt and the thermal shirt that accompanied it. I wear the combo during big games but I believe I have managed (almost) to convince myself not to be superstitious anymore.

#1143790 - 03/04/10 10:44 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: pwhittemore]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Those your real teeth?
Good job pw - I dropped the superstitious stuff after the NC. decided I could die a happy fan.

#1143791 - 03/05/10 09:56 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: Jhwk]
TxJyhwk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Bedford, TX
I seemed to have lost the most of my superstitions after Bill Self started coaching here.

Except, I still can't go to the 1st weekend games in Oklahoma City. Was at both the Rhode Island Game and the Bucknell game.

#1143792 - 03/05/10 09:58 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: TxJyhwk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting how it sounds like game superstitions have slacked off since Bill came. Wonder if HCBS has any game day superstitions. I know Roy and Brown did.

#1143793 - 03/05/10 10:00 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: TxJyhwk]
BatmanReturns Offline
Ron Swanson

Loc: over there--->
overalls.
I live in Kansas, remember?

#1143794 - 03/05/10 10:02 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: BatmanReturns]
momsahadl Offline
Big Dipper

Bad Luck to talk about.

#1143795 - 03/05/10 10:04 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Interesting how it sounds like game superstitions have slacked off since Bill came. Wonder if HCBS has any game day superstitions. I know Roy and Brown did.

Self is extremely superstitious, he's often talked about it. Like all the "you play in the clothes you practice in" stuff.

I do the opposite, whatever i'm wearing when we lose is now bad luck and never gets worn again

#1143796 - 03/05/10 11:40 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: Ryan2845]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
funny because I never would have thought someone as practical as Self would be superstitious. I just can't see him being that way. lol

#1143797 - 03/05/10 11:45 AM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: lobster]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I wore the same clothes for every NCAA tournament game in 1988. I was 14 and thought it made a difference.

Haven't done it since. I try to wear something with KU on it for every game, but have realized it has no bearing on the outcome.

#1143798 - 03/05/10 12:18 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: jayhawk1996]
chalmers2wright Offline
Baby Jay

I wonder if any of the players have stuff like this...ala Keith Langford and his changing shoes after bad halves.

#1143799 - 03/05/10 12:46 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: chalmers2wright]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
For me,,no. I discovered that since Bill Self has been our coach, we haven't needed it. However, the wife is very much attached to the sweatshirt that helped win usthe national title in 2008. It is 9-1 since then, when she puts it on when the game is tight.

RCJHKU!

#1143800 - 03/05/10 01:15 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: KUHawkhead]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

#1143801 - 03/05/10 01:37 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: momsahadl]
kubballgal Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Overland Park
I have a KU Basketball sweatshirt that is old and pilled, but if I don't wear it, we are in danger of losing, case in point OK State. It was dirty during the Tenessee game. It is now clean and ready for Saturday!

#1143802 - 03/05/10 01:49 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: kubballgal]
jhawks99 Offline
Defense

Loc: Rebounds

#1143803 - 03/05/10 02:11 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: kubballgal]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have a KU Basketball sweatshirt that is old and pilled, but if I don't wear it, we are in danger of losing, case in point OK State. It was dirty during the Tenessee game. It is now clean and ready for Saturday!

Thank you for doing your laundry, kubballgal! Wear it and yell!!

#1143804 - 03/05/10 02:20 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
ROKCHOK Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Nashville, Tennessee
My superstition is that I have to use my Jayhawk credit card at least once on game day before the game starts, and I wear my t-shirt that commemorates the KU ncaa championship in bowling- I don't know why, but it is what it is.

#1143805 - 03/05/10 02:29 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: ROKCHOK]
bashe24 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Baxter Springs Kansas
Blue Kansas shirt sitting on the edge of my couch, everyone has their own seating arrangement. I have a plush dog that my friend won out of a claw game named "winston" that watched the national championship with us so now has a permanent home atop the couch.

#1143806 - 03/05/10 02:36 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: ROKCHOK]
Paintman Offline
Baby Jay

Well...it's my fault we lost two games this year. I had to work and was unable to wear my classic all blue "Kanas Jayhawks" shirt.

That off my conscience. I've had that shirt 6 years and it will be retired after this season. My 5 year-old has a Jayhawk shirt just for gameday as well. Our tradition is we wave a KU flag every time we score scream at the screen.

My wife wants to kill me every game.

#1143807 - 03/05/10 02:38 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: Paintman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not superstitious, either. Maybe the reason the team overexcelled last year was because we were all wearing our '08 Championship sweatshirts.

#1143808 - 03/05/10 04:33 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
futurejhawkmama Offline
Straight Ballin'

Loc: Cali
I used to wear a certain shirt, but now I just wear any KU gear, and believe me, I have a lot to choose from. Once the tourney starts though, I wear the same shirt for every game. I also have an AWESOME pair of KU shoes that sport the "angry" Jayhawk. So glad my hubby found them for me I also deck both my kids out in their KU gear for every game day. We get comments from a lot folks when we are out as a family on game day b/c we are all decked out.

We used to keep our Jayhawk Santa Claus out until the end of the tourney (so he could bring us a championship for Christmas), but he was retired after the 08 championship. Now he gets put away when all the rest of the Christmas stuff does.

Rock Chalk!

#1143809 - 03/05/10 05:07 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: futurejhawkmama]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

I have a sweatshirt that was given to me before the 06-07 tournament. I only wear it during that special time of year.

Edited by theno1kufan (03/05/10 05:08 PM)

#1143810 - 03/05/10 05:22 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: theno1kufan]
phsx_hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: texas
Quote:

I have a sweatshirt that was given to me before the 06-07 tournament. I only wear it during that special time of year.

real gay,

#1143811 - 03/05/10 05:31 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: phsx_hawk]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Here is my facebook post (yeah, I'm gay) from the A&M game:

Quote:

Well, it took 8 KU shirt changes, 3 KU sweatpants changes, 2 whitie-tightie changes and almost waking a baby to make this one happen. Ended up in a pair of Sears KU sweats, no banties and shirtless. Rock Chalk.

#1143812 - 03/05/10 05:32 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: phsx_hawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

real gay,

Did I mention that it was my smoking hot girlfriend who gave it to me?

#1143813 - 03/05/10 05:39 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: theno1kufan]
phsx_hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

real gay,

i doubt that is true. you are too quick to want to see a pic of someone else's hottie. just sayin'.

#1143814 - 03/05/10 05:39 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

Quote:

My flag only flies on gamedays.

#1143815 - 03/05/10 05:43 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: phsx_hawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

real gay,

i doubt that is true. you are to quick to want to see a pic of someone else's hottie.

You're wrong. She's like a hotter Brooklyn Decker. I won't show you a pic of her though.

#1143816 - 03/05/10 05:44 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: theno1kufan]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

I'll probably just tell you how large her breasts are.

#1143817 - 03/05/10 05:44 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: theno1kufan]
phsx_hawk Offline
Baby Jay

yeah, i know.

#1143818 - 03/05/10 05:45 PM Re: Describe your good luck clothing for game days [Re: phsx_hawk]
phsx_hawk Offline
Baby Jay

im all for it son. power to you. i know i certainly have plenty to look forward to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview