donelurking Offline

Loc: LOST
game never in question

quit trying to sell ads

#1131871 - 02/22/10 10:12 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: donelurking]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
They are right about is putting it on cruise control. Should not have gotten this close.

#1131872 - 02/22/10 10:14 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: jayhwk01]
donelurking Offline

Loc: LOST
It was never close.

#1131873 - 02/22/10 10:16 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: donelurking]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
We never in real danger agreed. Still we put it on cruise a bit early.

#1131874 - 02/22/10 10:18 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: jayhwk01]
Serb Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Knight constantly was saying OU was winning the second half by like 9 or so. He was off by 10 the whole time. OU won the second half by 2 points which he thought was 12.

*Rant-like statement about aging analyst*

He knows basketball but he lacks the ability to pay attention.

Edited by Serb (02/23/10 12:52 AM)

#1131875 - 02/22/10 10:18 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: jayhwk01]
MiamiJayhawk19 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Miami, Florida
Ok how about Bob Knight insisting for about 5 minutes that OU was winning the second half when in reality Kansas was winning the second half. Poor old man either forgot that halftime score or doesnt know how to count... Seriously he is on repeat too...says the same thing over and over!

#1131876 - 02/22/10 10:22 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: MiamiJayhawk19]
jkjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You guys need to relax and learn how to enjoy a basketball game LOL. Don't bother flaming I'm out.

#1131877 - 02/22/10 10:23 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: MiamiJayhawk19]
blue04 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shell Beach
It was annoying listening to the senile Bob Knight not be able to remember the half time score and what was going on. However, I really didn't like the way we played in the 2nd half one bit.

It is a bad habit to get into this lethargic cruising mode with 15+ min. to play because we might not be able to get away w/ it against quality teams. Hopefully, the guys will start doing a better job of keeping the focus when they're up big.

#1131878 - 02/22/10 10:27 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: blue04]
thebones Offline
Phog Fanatic

Bob was talking as a coach. He's a coach. Nothing different than he's always done.

#1131879 - 02/22/10 10:27 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: jkjhawk]
Hawkfan12 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

I agree that both of them are just being stupid or just getting senial, but seriously, if we are complaining about this to ESPN than that's crazy. Knight and Musberger like KU at least and Knight definately knows the x's and o's of basketball. I'd rather listen to them than annoying dickie V and his big east/acc biased opinions! We should be complaining about always being the second game on big Monday and never seeing the opening tip, instead of complaining about the John Madden-esque announcers!

#1131880 - 02/22/10 10:38 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Hawkfan12]
stevemize Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: World Golf Village, FL
Brent Mushmouth made a comment to the effect of "It's great to be a KU fan this year", like we are just now coming onto the radar. Pretty sure most college BB fans know how we are and we are loud and it's great to be a KU fan every year.

#1131881 - 02/22/10 10:44 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: stevemize]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
you all are taking life too serious. learn to laugh at Knight's mistakes. He's an old fart for crying out loud. And it's not his job to know the stats... that's why he's the color commentator.

#1131882 - 02/22/10 11:25 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: lobster]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
If you don't like the announcers turn the sound off.

#1131883 - 02/22/10 11:26 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: appyhawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

If you don't like the announcers turn the sound off.

srsly

#1131884 - 02/22/10 11:30 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: theno1kufan]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Yeah, who wants to hear the crowd volume at AFH? Dumb asses.

#1131885 - 02/22/10 11:35 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: hasbeen]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Look, if someone is a big enough puss puss to complain about the announcers in the 1st place then they are probably the kind of person that doesn't like crowd noise anyways.

#1131886 - 02/23/10 12:00 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: theno1kufan]
Serb Offline

Quote:

Look, if someone is a big enough puss puss to complain about the announcers in the 1st place then they are probably the kind of person that doesn't like crowd noise anyways.

You know so much.

I just want the announcers to do their job. When they are stating random stats that aren't even close to the right numbers it makes it a little confusing.

Not sure how that makes be a puss puss. But if that qualifies me for you 7th grade insult then so be it.

#1131887 - 02/23/10 12:06 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

You know so much.

I just want the announcers to do their job. When they are stating random stats that aren't even close to the right numbers it makes it a little confusing.

Not sure how that makes be a puss puss. But if that qualifies me for you 7th grade insult then so be it.

My bad.

You have mental toughness comparable to that of a woman's vagina.

A good 80-90% of announcers suck, that isn't changing anytime soon. Get over yourself.

#1131888 - 02/23/10 12:18 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: theno1kufan]
Serb Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know so much.

My bad.

You have mental toughness comparable to that of a woman's vagina.

A good 80-90% of announcers suck, that isn't changing anytime soon. Get over yourself.

Good plan there. If something sucks, don't worry about it cause it won't change anyway. Because you don't care about the quality of announcers, those who do are, apparently, inferior to you and are bad fans.

Don't get me wrong Knight knows basketball like no one else. But, damn, he misses the beat a lot of the time which isn't a problem if his cohort catches and corrects him. But neither of them was on the ball for much of the second half.

Lose the internet tough guy act. If you don't care, then don't post about it.

Edited by Serb (02/23/10 12:19 AM)

#1131889 - 02/23/10 12:31 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
Quote:

Knight constantly was saying OU was winning the second half by like 9 or so. He was off by 10 the whole time. OU won the second half by 2 points which he thought was 12.

Get this over the hill moron off the air. He knows basketball but he lacks the ability to pay attention.

He was going by the biggest lead, which I believe was 21. Is point was that no matter how much you get up by, you should never let it get closer then that.

#1131890 - 02/23/10 12:51 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: NDballer13]
Serb Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Get this over the hill moron off the air. He knows basketball but he lacks the ability to pay attention.

He was going by the biggest lead, which I believe was 21. Is point was that no matter how much you get up by, you should never let it get closer then that.

I understand his point. Which was a valid one. Like I said, Knight knows basketball. He is a whiz with the X's and O's and understands what is going on with the coaching better than anyone. I'm not saying he isn't a great analyst, he is. He just really needs someone who can direct his knowledge and expertise and to correct him when he really botches things.

I suspect you are probably right that he was thinking about the biggest lead. But he definitely was saying they "were winning the second half by X points".

Either way not a big deal. I would love Knight to stick around if they can find someone who can keep him on track but if not I'd just a soon have some else on there who is keeping up with what's actually going on with the game.

Sidenote - I love Knight's fascination with traveling.

#1131891 - 02/23/10 01:29 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
I believe the best spot for Knight is a studio. I love his insight during a game, I just feel it would sound even smarter if he had time to think about what he wanted to say. Esspecially when he doesn't know the names of the players half the time.

#1131892 - 02/23/10 01:48 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: NDballer13]
Serb Offline

Quote:

I believe the best spot for Knight is a studio. I love his insight during a game, I just feel it would sound even smarter if he had time to think about what he wanted to say. Esspecially when he doesn't know the names of the players half the time.

Exactly. He has all the knowledge to be a really amazing source of good, pertinent and insightful information. But he has trouble with the analysis on the fly aspect of being a game announcer.

#1131893 - 02/23/10 08:36 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: hasbeen]
kubballgal Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Overland Park
I was definitely UNimpressed with Knight. I yelled "shut up" a few times when he kept figuring out how much OU was "winning" the second half by. (He refused to listen.) However, he still beats Vitale by a mile. When Vitale does "color" I am usually throwing things at the TV by halftime. Darn that Uverse HD feed 3 seconds behind so I can't listen to the radio while watching!

#1131894 - 02/23/10 08:40 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
Jhawkerman Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Lakeside, Arizona
Coach Knight is not and probably never will be a fan of KU. He is not an non-bios announcer. When you spend you entire coaching life trying to beat the best teams you will not like the success KU has enjoyed. For the most part his color commentary is enjoyable but you will always see some leaning away from KU, thats just from years of competing.

Rock Chalk

#1131895 - 02/23/10 09:19 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Jhawkerman]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
I think Bobby likes Coach Self's teams just fine. He constantly compliments good defensive plays as well as good offense.
Listen closely and you might learn something.

#1131896 - 02/23/10 09:41 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Geezer]
imaj0311 Offline
Baby Jay

I too like Knight's insights and perspectives as a former coach.

He might have been off on his numbers but his point was well taken. KU slacked off in the 2nd half and lack that 'killer instinct'. It was lucky we were playing OU and not a team like K-State.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview