Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1131885 - 02/22/10 11:35 PM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: hasbeen]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Look, if someone is a big enough puss puss to complain about the announcers in the 1st place then they are probably the kind of person that doesn't like crowd noise anyways.

#1131886 - 02/23/10 12:00 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: theno1kufan]
Serb Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Quote:

Look, if someone is a big enough puss puss to complain about the announcers in the 1st place then they are probably the kind of person that doesn't like crowd noise anyways.

You know so much.

I just want the announcers to do their job. When they are stating random stats that aren't even close to the right numbers it makes it a little confusing.

Not sure how that makes be a puss puss. But if that qualifies me for you 7th grade insult then so be it.

#1131887 - 02/23/10 12:06 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

You know so much.

I just want the announcers to do their job. When they are stating random stats that aren't even close to the right numbers it makes it a little confusing.

Not sure how that makes be a puss puss. But if that qualifies me for you 7th grade insult then so be it.

My bad.

You have mental toughness comparable to that of a woman's vagina.

A good 80-90% of announcers suck, that isn't changing anytime soon. Get over yourself.

#1131888 - 02/23/10 12:18 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: theno1kufan]
Serb Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know so much.

My bad.

You have mental toughness comparable to that of a woman's vagina.

A good 80-90% of announcers suck, that isn't changing anytime soon. Get over yourself.

Good plan there. If something sucks, don't worry about it cause it won't change anyway. Because you don't care about the quality of announcers, those who do are, apparently, inferior to you and are bad fans.

Don't get me wrong Knight knows basketball like no one else. But, damn, he misses the beat a lot of the time which isn't a problem if his cohort catches and corrects him. But neither of them was on the ball for much of the second half.

Lose the internet tough guy act. If you don't care, then don't post about it.

Edited by Serb (02/23/10 12:19 AM)

#1131889 - 02/23/10 12:31 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
Quote:

Knight constantly was saying OU was winning the second half by like 9 or so. He was off by 10 the whole time. OU won the second half by 2 points which he thought was 12.

Get this over the hill moron off the air. He knows basketball but he lacks the ability to pay attention.

He was going by the biggest lead, which I believe was 21. Is point was that no matter how much you get up by, you should never let it get closer then that.

#1131890 - 02/23/10 12:51 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: NDballer13]
Serb Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Knight constantly was saying OU was winning the second half by like 9 or so. He was off by 10 the whole time. OU won the second half by 2 points which he thought was 12.

Get this over the hill moron off the air. He knows basketball but he lacks the ability to pay attention.

He was going by the biggest lead, which I believe was 21. Is point was that no matter how much you get up by, you should never let it get closer then that.

I understand his point. Which was a valid one. Like I said, Knight knows basketball. He is a whiz with the X's and O's and understands what is going on with the coaching better than anyone. I'm not saying he isn't a great analyst, he is. He just really needs someone who can direct his knowledge and expertise and to correct him when he really botches things.

I suspect you are probably right that he was thinking about the biggest lead. But he definitely was saying they "were winning the second half by X points".

Either way not a big deal. I would love Knight to stick around if they can find someone who can keep him on track but if not I'd just a soon have some else on there who is keeping up with what's actually going on with the game.

Sidenote - I love Knight's fascination with traveling.

#1131891 - 02/23/10 01:29 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
I believe the best spot for Knight is a studio. I love his insight during a game, I just feel it would sound even smarter if he had time to think about what he wanted to say. Esspecially when he doesn't know the names of the players half the time.

#1131892 - 02/23/10 01:48 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: NDballer13]
Serb Offline

Quote:

I believe the best spot for Knight is a studio. I love his insight during a game, I just feel it would sound even smarter if he had time to think about what he wanted to say. Esspecially when he doesn't know the names of the players half the time.

Exactly. He has all the knowledge to be a really amazing source of good, pertinent and insightful information. But he has trouble with the analysis on the fly aspect of being a game announcer.

#1131893 - 02/23/10 08:36 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: hasbeen]
kubballgal Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Overland Park
I was definitely UNimpressed with Knight. I yelled "shut up" a few times when he kept figuring out how much OU was "winning" the second half by. (He refused to listen.) However, he still beats Vitale by a mile. When Vitale does "color" I am usually throwing things at the TV by halftime. Darn that Uverse HD feed 3 seconds behind so I can't listen to the radio while watching!

#1131894 - 02/23/10 08:40 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Serb]
Jhawkerman Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Lakeside, Arizona
Coach Knight is not and probably never will be a fan of KU. He is not an non-bios announcer. When you spend you entire coaching life trying to beat the best teams you will not like the success KU has enjoyed. For the most part his color commentary is enjoyable but you will always see some leaning away from KU, thats just from years of competing.

Rock Chalk

#1131895 - 02/23/10 09:19 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Jhawkerman]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
I think Bobby likes Coach Self's teams just fine. He constantly compliments good defensive plays as well as good offense.
Listen closely and you might learn something.

#1131896 - 02/23/10 09:41 AM Re: [censored] these announcers [Re: Geezer]
imaj0311 Offline
Baby Jay

I too like Knight's insights and perspectives as a former coach.

He might have been off on his numbers but his point was well taken. KU slacked off in the 2nd half and lack that 'killer instinct'. It was lucky we were playing OU and not a team like K-State.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview