Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11093 - 04/19/06 08:39 AM M.L.B.
gutter Offline

Loc: Not reality.
I know many of you are not too pleased with the Royals. I am going to throw in my two cents. M.L.B. is in such disaray(sp?) that I wake up each morning and try and figure out how it is fair just looking at the standings. How the hell do you have 14 American League teams and 16 National League teams. Tell me how it is fair that there are 4 teams in the A.L. West and 6 teams in the N.L. Central? Tell me how interleague play is fair when you may have to play teams that all have winning records from the opposite league and some one else in the same divison can play teams that all have losing records. Tell me how as an owner you make an "investment" and because the (below .500 ha ha)Yankees are paying over 5 times as much salary as you do but also make 5 times as much money as you do, your team can not compete? Baseball is a mess and teams fans (like the Royals) suffer. Just thought I would throw in a couple of pennies worth of an opinion.

#11094 - 04/19/06 09:29 AM Re: M.L.B. [Re: gutter]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
It got jacked up when the Brewers moved from AL in 98 to the NL. The balance of teams then went to the NL. That messed the 5 team divisions up.

Adding the Marlins and Rockies to the NL in 1993 started the balance shift.

#11095 - 04/19/06 09:34 AM Re: M.L.B. [Re: gutter]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Itnerleague changes from year to year. One year you might get the heavy hittin division, the next year could be a tomato division.

All depends on the teams you play. Detroit sucked last year so if you played them its's tomato time. This year Detroit would be considered heavy hittin.

#11096 - 04/19/06 09:42 AM Re: M.L.B. [Re: gutter]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Baseball will NEVER adopt a salary cap. I wouldnt pity the Royals though, they NEVER want to pay a guy what he is "worth", i.e Damon,Dye,Beltran.

I do know that EVERY team,whether they admit it or not, wishes their owner had a little bit of The Boss in'em, SPEND THE MONEY!

It's been proven though that spending WILL NOT win a ring. Royals have just as much a chance every year to win as the other teams, but will they keep that player or players who have a breakout season?

Sometimes I feel the Royals are a farm team for teams like the Yankees,Red Sox,Mets,Braves etc....

#11097 - 04/19/06 09:49 AM Re: M.L.B. [Re: JHAWX75]
gutter Offline

Loc: Not reality.
Gotcha. The Cubs and the Tribune company have long been thought of as cheap. I think it is more like stupid than cheap. Reinsdorf has always been thought of as cheap and the guy who broke up both the Bulls and White Sox. He was one of the most hated guys in Chicago. I would tell everyone he was a business man first, owner second. He happens to be both a great business man and owner. Now people are starting to realize it. Being an owner of any professional team is not too easy. Ask Steinbrenner. You need to have a Mark Cuban attitude. You need to love the sport and the team not just look at it as an investment. Just my feelings.

#11098 - 04/19/06 10:17 AM Re: M.L.B. [Re: gutter]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Agree. The Cuban attitude would be mine. Passion and constructive criticism would be my criteria.

I consider myself THE spokesman for the Yankees here in Kansas,lately not a good thing,but a huge fan nevertheless. Steinbrenner pisses me off most the time but I cant blame him for wanting "the best" players in the game. I will say this, ever since the 2000 team dropped the Mets in the Subway series then followed that up with a Game 7, 9th inning meltdown, is when the big spending and losing in the playoffs started.

1996,1998,1999,2000 are the TRUE Yankee years.

God Bless The Yankees!

#11099 - 04/19/06 07:46 PM Re: M.L.B. [Re: JHAWX75]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

1996,1998,1999,2000 are the TRUE Yankee years.

God Bless The Yankees!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

Preview