Page 70 of 70 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104655 - 03/22/07 08:50 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: thanks32758]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Quote:

That was brutal! No call on shot and 1.1 seconds????? aTm was hosed!

I agree. 1.1 seconds after a touch? aTm got hosed is right.

#104656 - 03/22/07 08:51 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: kujerseygirl]
ColfromColorado Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
There is always a jerk. Some fool who has to put HCBS down as he takes his team to the elite eight. Some people ought to show a drop of sense and shut their mouths. But then, they don't have a whole drop, so it is outside their capacity.

Great win KU!!! Great win Bill Self!!!

Rock Chalk!

#104657 - 03/22/07 08:52 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: doubleJ25]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Quote:

I was wrong, and I'm glad, but we didn't deserve to win this game. The players overcame Self's coaching vacuum this time. Self needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and really think about what a coach needs to do to prepare for the tournament becuase this was a backslide from a coaching perspective.

This statement is idiotic. Coaching has nothing to do with SIU's defense getting us out of rhythm. Coaching has nothing to do with throwing the ball away 19 times (12 in the first half I think) Coach can't get out there and box out and not give them 14 second chances. You can whine all you want that he needs to teach them that stuff, but he does. I'm tired of every single time we play poorly it HAS to be coaching. Self isn't perfect, but to keep saying that any close win we get is our team overcoming Self is f*cking old.

Now then...I'm calm. Let's kick ass on Saturday

Well said....the self can't coach crap needs to go.

#104658 - 03/22/07 08:52 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: Shirley]
o0luke0o Offline
Baby Jay

self gave stewart his props! respect to stewart.

#104659 - 03/22/07 08:57 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: o0luke0o]
thanks32758 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
Stewart played well tonight!

#104660 - 03/22/07 09:01 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: thanks32758]
Hawkstars39 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
Smile folks, we're headed to the Elite eight. Doesn't matter how the game was played any more, we got past it and moved on!!

Congrats to the hawks. Now I need to go drink some more beer and try to get my voice back.

Rock chalk baby!!!

#104661 - 03/22/07 09:02 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: Hawkstars39]
thanks32758 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Quote:

Smile folks, we're headed to the Elite eight. Doesn't matter how the game was played any more, we got past it and moved on!!

Congrats to the hawks. Now I need to go drink some more beer and try to get my voice back.

Rock chalk baby!!!

Survive and advance bay bee!!!!

#104662 - 03/22/07 09:07 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: doubleJ25]
WinHawk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Quote:

Quote:

I was wrong, and I'm glad, but we didn't deserve to win this game. The players overcame Self's coaching vacuum this time. Self needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and really think about what a coach needs to do to prepare for the tournament becuase this was a backslide from a coaching perspective.

This statement is idiotic. Coaching has nothing to do with SIU's defense getting us out of rhythm. Coaching has nothing to do with throwing the ball away 19 times (12 in the first half I think) Coach can't get out there and box out and not give them 14 second chances. You can whine all you want that he needs to teach them that stuff, but he does. I'm tired of every single time we play poorly it HAS to be coaching. Self isn't perfect, but to keep saying that any close win we get is our team overcoming Self is f*cking old.

Now then...I'm calm. Let's kick ass on Saturday

Put me on ignore then, what do I care what you think.

#104663 - 03/22/07 09:08 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: thanks32758]
thanks32758 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Our maligned defense held them to 36.8% shooting.

#104664 - 03/22/07 09:17 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: jayhawk154]
phogku Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: springfield, missouri
The game is over and the Hawks had a tough one. It appeared that SIU did an excellent job on scouting the Jayhawks. When the Hawks tried to double team low, they knew where to throw the ball. Also KU did not play very well on defense, it seemed they were having trouble getting thru the screens and when a switch was made there seem to always be someone open.......but think they will do ok now, was really concerned about this game.

#104665 - 03/22/07 09:20 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: thanks32758]
thanks32758 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Win I agree everyone has their right to their own opinion but it escapes me how you can actually believe Self is a bad coach? If you are Roy supporter HCBS made to 100 wins at KU faster than Roy.

I do prefer the uptempo game Roy runs better than Self's double-post but that offense is better for the NCAA than run and gun. Some of Roy's teams when forced to grind it out lost to lower seeds. KU losing to Rhode Island and UTEP come to mind. Games we had no business losing, but we were forced into halfcourt games and couldnt figure out how to win. I didnt scream fire Roy when we lost those.

In a one and done format better seeds lose many times. If not, it would be double elimination of 1 seeds basically. Thats what makes March Madness exciting!

HCBS talked all year after we won tough games that we didnt play well that this will help us in the long run. Iowa State in OT comes to mind.

If you win every game by 30 you will have no clue how to function in a close game. We had a big gut-check tonight. RR although not being able to hit a 3 pointer if he was throwing it in the ocean had the toughness to keep playing hard and came up with the game-winning steal. Rush who plays excellent defense 24/7 turned on his offense in the last half of the 2nd half and won our game offensively.

Lastly, SIU is a dang good team. They won the MVC, they play great defense and didnt win 29 games by accident. Also with so many players jumping to the NBA we can expect that major programs will lose more often to mid-majors with a roster full of upperclassmen. As a result the major programs will have hiccups from time to time.

#104666 - 03/22/07 09:22 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: phogku]
thanks32758 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Quote:

The game is over and the Hawks had a tough one. It appeared that SIU did an excellent job on scouting the Jayhawks. When the Hawks tried to double team low, they knew where to throw the ball. Also KU did not play very well on defense, it seemed they were having trouble getting thru the screens and when a switch was made there seem to always be someone open.......but think they will do ok now, was really concerned about this game.

Agreed! I am going now and going to throw back a beer for the win! Lets go Sat Hawks!!! FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!

#104667 - 03/22/07 09:22 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: WinHawk]
phogku Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: springfield, missouri
I agree, Self had nothing to do with the poor playing and thinking on the floor. Also nothing to do with the number of free throws missed at the end. Several of these players were all-american in high school, and when they shoot free throws, they seem to be just a little higher than the 6th grade.

#104668 - 03/22/07 10:12 PM Re: OFFICIAL KU vs. SIU GAME THREAD - 3/22/07 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
splishsplash Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

Wow. Next time, run 2 seconds off by dribbling out....

Or be aware of the clock and simply toss the ball in the air.

Page 70 of 70 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70

Preview