Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1032994 - 11/29/09 06:02 PM Re: This IS NOT over. ** [Re: JFish26]
tophawk87 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Dallas, TX
You may be legit at goose but you are not legit at predicting the future of KU football

#1032995 - 11/29/09 06:03 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: supermario15]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

maybe he has'nt been fired yet but there is no chance he is back

No chance huh? LOL ok.

#1032996 - 11/29/09 06:03 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: tophawk87]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

You may be legit at goose but you are not legit at predicting the future of KU football

Zing!

#1032997 - 11/29/09 06:03 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: tophawk87]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You're another one that hasn't been right yet...preach on preach.

#1032998 - 11/29/09 06:06 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: MiegeHawk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Program Building under Mangino took a HUGE step back in his EIGHT year, Dr. Loyalty.

How so? We have a solid recruiting class coming in next year...and as far as I know, none of them were wavering based on the losing streak. We announced plans for a $40mm addition to Memorial Stadium, broke attendance records for the third consecutive year...what am I missing?

#1032999 - 11/29/09 06:08 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
Wickedson Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Program Building under Mangino took a HUGE step back in his EIGHT year, Dr. Loyalty.

How so? We have a solid recruiting class coming in next year...and as far as I know, none of them were wavering based on the losing streak. We announced plans for a $40mm addition to Memorial Stadium, broke attendance records for the third consecutive year...what am I missing?

You think???

I would have expected 2 years after a BCS win you would have more than three 4 star recruits.

#1033000 - 11/29/09 06:08 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Quote:

Quote:

History Awaits and a 7 game losing streak.

#1033001 - 11/29/09 06:10 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: Geezer]
bullpuphawk Online   content
Baby Jay

Loc: McPherson, KS
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DING DING DING we have a winner

#1033002 - 11/29/09 06:10 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: Geezer]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm not saying this to make a point. I do not know the answer to this question, and it doesn't really matter. But:

Has a team ever gone from winning a BCS bowl to dead last in their conference in two seasons?

#1033003 - 11/29/09 06:11 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: JFish26]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You think his recruiting could survive this?

I do. If he was as awful as the rumor-mongers would have us believe, guys like Stucky and Meier would not be behind him 100%. I have no doubt that he's done and said things that would make many people (including his players) uncomfortable. I am confident that Mangino can manage this crisis...and make no mistake, we have a crisis on our hands...with the grit, discipline and fortitude he has utilized to take KU Football to new heights.

#1033004 - 11/29/09 06:11 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i didnt take the time to read what you wrote, but i agree with mangino back in 2010

Long live mediocrity!

Mediocrity? What do you expect...we're program building. It doesn't happen overnight. We are in year 8 of Mark Mangino.

Even if we were able to bring in Pete Carroll, there are going to be ups and downs. Pete Carroll? I never said we are trying to get Pete Carroll. Look at Michigan's record, look at Notre Dame...USC wasn't spectacular this year. Oklahoma went from a title contender to a ho-hum 7-5 because they lost a single player. These are the elite programs in the country. Granted I brought this on about calling our performance mediocre (which it is), but this investigation is not about wins and losses, and I never stated it was otherwise.

There is no doubt that we underachieved this year...Agreed.but Mangino has this program on the right trajectory. Attendance has soared, facilities have vastly improved and football has become relevant again at Kansas. No, he's not the only person responsible...No, lets go ahead and ignore Lew. He just works there.but to diminish his contributions because of a 7-game losing streak is a foolish, knee-jerk reaction by an immature, spoiled football fanbase.Agree, and thanks for the name calling. This is not about a 7 game losing streak, though I do think they are related to the player fights and the recent breakdown within, not one time did I say that Mangino should go because of the 7 game losing streak.

I just don't think some of you understand what it takes to build a football program that competes for Big XII titles year in and year out. Whenever that is...I AM NOT RESIGNING KU TO MEDIOCRITY. I'm not crying uncle because the Big XII South is too tough. I'm simply being REALISTIC. Realistic or rationalizing?I am acknowledging the time it takes to build a consistent winner and I've accepted the bumps in the road we're going to face along the way. Yet you don't give any kind of time frame of when that generally happens. Please impress us with your wisdom and knowledge of when is an appropriate amount of time because according to you it obviously isn't 8 years.

Starting over simply means losing much of the 8 years worth of time and energy Mangino, Lew and others have invested in building the football program. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you calling for Lew's head??? Now he's part of the success? I don't get it. With the new facilities, a somewhat-engaged fanbase Can we exclude the student section since they usually check out after the first half of play? and improved athletes, we wouldn't lose everything...we wouldn't immediately regress to the Terry Allen days, but it would be a huge set back. Even if we do regress back because we would have to start over with a new coach, there is no way we go back to the Terry Allen years. I know you are afraid we'll be worthless. If you really meant what you said about Lew, I think you know we'll continue the success that yes, both men brought to our program. Mangino is not the program. Mangino is great at what he does, but he's not going to get us to that next level you are talking about. That's my firm belief. Now as for these things going on, you cannot say Lew isn't doing his job. If he ignored these allegations he wouldn't be doing what he was hired to do. I think Lew and Mangino had a very good relationship. But I think these recent allegations soured their relationship because Lew had to do something that he didn't like and it looks like to save face for the university they may end up terminating Mark. I'm sorry it is happening this way, too. But I don't think Mangino took Lew's offer of buying out his contract to well and he's fighting it. Good for Mangino if he's right, but I seriously doubt he is. Just from what I've personally experienced and seen from him, I don't think he's around next year. Sorry. December 15th is the deadline. If it's happening, it's happening soon.

#1033005 - 11/29/09 06:14 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: Geezer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We underachieved...what's your point. We lost seven games in a row...everything else is moving in the right direction. It was a perfect storm of injuries, slumps, quality competition and certainly some poor coaching as well. It doesn't mean we took a "HUGE" step backward as a program. Money keeps coming in, we have a recruiting class that I (at least) was proud of, fans keep filling the seats, interest is at an all-time high...I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

#1033006 - 11/29/09 06:15 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: JFish26]
tophawk87 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Dallas, TX
The only thing we can be SURE of is that not one of the new buildings will be called "The Mark Mangino Center"

#1033007 - 11/29/09 06:16 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

You're not concerned with how Mangino handled the team this year? Is it not possible that, if sat down when they couldn't perform in the first place, Todd and Jake might have been as good for the last month as they were yesterday? And Mangino's clock management...that's a big problem, in my book. It lost us the most important game of the season.

#1033008 - 11/29/09 06:18 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: namohcan_99]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i didnt take the time to read what you wrote, but i agree with mangino back in 2010

Long live mediocrity!

Mediocrity? What do you expect...we're program building. It doesn't happen overnight. We are in year 8 of Mark Mangino.

Even if we were able to bring in Pete Carroll, there are going to be ups and downs. Pete Carroll? I never said we are trying to get Pete Carroll. Look at Michigan's record, look at Notre Dame...USC wasn't spectacular this year. Oklahoma went from a title contender to a ho-hum 7-5 because they lost a single player. These are the elite programs in the country. Granted I brought this on about calling our performance mediocre (which it is), but this investigation is not about wins and losses, and I never stated it was otherwise.

There is no doubt that we underachieved this year...Agreed.but Mangino has this program on the right trajectory. Attendance has soared, facilities have vastly improved and football has become relevant again at Kansas. No, he's not the only person responsible...No, lets go ahead and ignore Lew. He just works there.but to diminish his contributions because of a 7-game losing streak is a foolish, knee-jerk reaction by an immature, spoiled football fanbase.Agree, and thanks for the name calling. This is not about a 7 game losing streak, though I do think they are related to the player fights and the recent breakdown within, not one time did I say that Mangino should go because of the 7 game losing streak.

I just don't think some of you understand what it takes to build a football program that competes for Big XII titles year in and year out. Whenever that is...I AM NOT RESIGNING KU TO MEDIOCRITY. I'm not crying uncle because the Big XII South is too tough. I'm simply being REALISTIC. Realistic or rationalizing?I am acknowledging the time it takes to build a consistent winner and I've accepted the bumps in the road we're going to face along the way. Yet you don't give any kind of time frame of when that generally happens. Please impress us with your wisdom and knowledge of when is an appropriate amount of time because according to you it obviously isn't 8 years.

Starting over simply means losing much of the 8 years worth of time and energy Mangino, Lew and others have invested in building the football program. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you calling for Lew's head??? Now he's part of the success? I don't get it. With the new facilities, a somewhat-engaged fanbase Can we exclude the student section since they usually check out after the first half of play? and improved athletes, we wouldn't lose everything...we wouldn't immediately regress to the Terry Allen days, but it would be a huge set back. Even if we do regress back because we would have to start over with a new coach, there is no way we go back to the Terry Allen years. I know you are afraid we'll be worthless. If you really meant what you said about Lew, I think you know we'll continue the success that yes, both men brought to our program. Mangino is not the program. Mangino is great at what he does, but he's not going to get us to that next level you are talking about. That's my firm belief. Now as for these things going on, you cannot say Lew isn't doing his job. If he ignored these allegations he wouldn't be doing what he was hired to do. I think Lew and Mangino had a very good relationship. But I think these recent allegations soured their relationship because Lew had to do something that he didn't like and it looks like to save face for the university they may end up terminating Mark. I'm sorry it is happening this way, too. But I don't think Mangino took Lew's offer of buying out his contract to well and he's fighting it. Good for Mangino if he's right, but I seriously doubt he is. Just from what I've personally experienced and seen from him, I don't think he's around next year. Sorry. December 15th is the deadline. If it's happening, it's happening soon.

I'm not retarded...you don't have to respond line by line. So obnoxious. If you want to write a couple paragraphs or something I'll respond with a couple paragraphs...I don't need a line-by-line dissection in bold.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview