Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1032979 - 11/29/09 05:26 PM This IS NOT over. **
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know where some of you get your information...I suspect many of you are Slant or Phog members or are passing along rumors you've heard secondhand, but Mangino has not been fired, he has not cleared out his office and this is not the done deal that many of you have been led to believe.

Please remember that most of these "insiders" came crawling out of the woodwork once word of the initial meeting with the players was leaked. Since that time, these "insiders" have claimed that Mangino would be fired as early as Wednesday prior to the Texas game, and assured us a press conference would be coming almost every day since. He wouldn't be on the plane, his office had been cleaned out, Lew was already meeting with Edsall, the list goes on and on.

Believe what you want, but as of right now, Mangino still has his job. I have every reason to believe he will be back. This is a complicated case, Maude. There are a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what have you's. Seriously though, beyond the obvious implications for the football program (rebuilding as a new staff puts their stamp on the program, recruiting) there is a lot of money involved, risk of alienating MAJOR supporters of the KU Athletics, etc. Lew is no dummy....he also understands how other potential candidates for KU jobs will look at the way this situation has been handled.

Here's hoping Mangino is back in 2010.

#1032980 - 11/29/09 05:28 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Quote:

That's all you had to say.

#1032981 - 11/29/09 05:30 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: namohcan_99]
MiegeHawk Offline
Prairie Village Idiot

Loc: Prairie Village, KS
NO. You say that "Lew is no dummy," and then profess to believe Mangino will stay. Sorry, but those two statements do not compute.

#1032982 - 11/29/09 05:31 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: namohcan_99]
eddie Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Quote:

It's not over? The losing streak?

#1032983 - 11/29/09 05:32 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: MiegeHawk]
FutureJhawk21 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Prairie Village
i didnt take the time to read what you wrote, but i agree with mangino back in 2010

#1032984 - 11/29/09 05:37 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: MiegeHawk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Miege, with all due respect (which is none) you have no idea what you're talking about.

You haven't been right about one single thing since this story broke. Honestly, not once. If I'm wrong, kindly link to the post and accept my humble apologies.

Either you're pathetically clamoring for anonymous message board attention by pretending you're an "insider" or your "source" is feeding you a line of crap because nothing you've "predicted" has come true. Nothing.

I'm glad to see you finally corrected "Prarie" Village though, Einstein. LOL

#1032985 - 11/29/09 05:39 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: eddie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's not over? The losing streak?

Losing streak? Xavier, Sherron, Cole and the fellas are undefeated! What losing streak? You accidentally posted on the football board guy. See you next time we make a BCS Bowl game!

#1032986 - 11/29/09 05:41 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: FutureJhawk21]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Quote:

i didnt take the time to read what you wrote, but i agree with mangino back in 2010

Long live mediocrity!

#1032987 - 11/29/09 05:47 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
MiegeHawk Offline
Prairie Village Idiot

Quote:

Either you're pathetically clamoring for anonymous message board attention by pretending you're an "insider" or your "source" is feeding you a line of crap because nothing you've "predicted" has come true. Nothing.

I was right about the meeting and general investigation. I posted about that the Sunday before it was commented on by Lew Perkins. You are right though that any time I really stepped out on a limb with firm "predictions" I have turned out to be wrong. That doesn't make you right either in terms of predictions or logic. Mangino has to go.

#1032988 - 11/29/09 05:49 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: MiegeHawk]
Wickedson Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: New York, NY
I was all for Mangino staying but after that disaster of game management yesterday I couldn't give a sh!t about North Carolina, I mean about Mangino...

#1032989 - 11/29/09 05:49 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: MiegeHawk]
supermario15 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KCK
maybe he has'nt been fired yet but there is no chance he is back

#1032990 - 11/29/09 05:55 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: namohcan_99]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Long live mediocrity!

Mediocrity? What do you expect...we're program building. It doesn't happen overnight.

Even if we were able to bring in Pete Carroll, there are going to be ups and downs. Look at Michigan's record, look at Notre Dame...USC wasn't spectacular this year. Oklahoma went from a title contender to a ho-hum 7-5 because they lost a single player. These are the elite programs in the country.

There is no doubt that we underachieved this year...but Mangino has this program on the right trajectory. Attendance has soared, facilities have vastly improved and football has become relevant again at Kansas. No, he's not the only person responsible...but to diminish his contributions because of a 7-game losing streak is a foolish, knee-jerk reaction by an immature, spoiled football fanbase.

I just don't think some of you understand what it takes to build a football program that competes for Big XII titles year in and year out. I AM NOT RESIGNING KU TO MEDIOCRITY. I'm not crying uncle because the Big XII South is too tough. I'm simply being REALISTIC. I am acknowledging the time it takes to build a consistent winner and I've accepted the bumps in the road we're going to face along the way.

Starting over simply means losing much of the 8 years worth of time and energy Mangino, Lew and others have invested in building the football program. With the new facilities, a somewhat-engaged fanbase and improved athletes, we wouldn't lose everything...we wouldn't immediately regress to the Terry Allen days, but it would be a huge set back.

#1032991 - 11/29/09 05:58 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
You think his recruiting could survive this?

#1032992 - 11/29/09 06:02 PM Re: This IS NOT over.
Wickedson Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Long live mediocrity!

Mediocrity? What do you expect...we're program building. It doesn't happen overnight.

Even if we were able to bring in Pete Carroll, there are going to be ups and downs. Look at Michigan's record, look at Notre Dame...USC wasn't spectacular this year. Oklahoma went from a title contender to a ho-hum 7-5 because they lost a single player. These are the elite programs in the country.

There is no doubt that we underachieved this year...but Mangino has this program on the right trajectory. Attendance has soared, facilities have vastly improved and football has become relevant again at Kansas. No, he's not the only person responsible...but to diminish his contributions because of a 7-game losing streak is a foolish, knee-jerk reaction by an immature, spoiled football fanbase.

I just don't think some of you understand what it takes to build a football program that competes for Big XII titles year in and year out. I AM NOT RESIGNING KU TO MEDIOCRITY. I'm not crying uncle because the Big XII South is too tough. I'm simply being REALISTIC. I am acknowledging the time it takes to build a consistent winner and I've accepted the bumps in the road we're going to face along the way.

Starting over simply means losing much of the 8 years worth of time and energy Mangino, Lew and others have invested in building the football program. With the new facilities, a somewhat-engaged fanbase and improved athletes, we wouldn't lose everything...we wouldn't immediately regress to the Terry Allen days, but it would be a huge set back.

Yea but when have been the good days?

Yes 2007 was amazing, but other then that he hasn't done anything that any other mediocre coach couldn't have done since the university started pouring money into the program.

I'm just worried about how were gonna pay to get rid of him.

#1032993 - 11/29/09 06:02 PM Re: This IS NOT over. [Re: JFish26]
MiegeHawk Offline
Prairie Village Idiot

Program Building under Mangino took a HUGE step back in his EIGHT year, Dr. Loyalty.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview