Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1031596 - 11/28/09 02:34 PM 0-2 in the Bahamas
ElTurco Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
It is hard to tell from the radio broadcast exactly what happened at the end of the TCU game, but it sounded like we completely lost our composure - and the 9 point lead - during the last 5 or so minutes of the game. Of course, all those missed free throws throughout the game didn't help matters, and then the technical foul getting called when McCray called for a timeout when we were out of them just put the nail in the coffin.

Coach Henrickson was about as mad/disgusted as I think I've heard her be during the post-game show, at one point even apologizing to Brian Haney and saying she wasn't mad at him. Who knows if it was the distractions of an overseas tournament or believing a little too much of our own hype or what, but the team just did not seem ready to play for much of the game.

After this trip I won't be surprised if we drop out of one or both polls. Sure, Xavier is a Top 10 team and TCU went to the tournament last year, but at the very least we should have come back with a split.

They'll need to turn it around quickly. If we're not careful, we could easily find ourselves 3-3 , as UCLA will be a tough opponent even in AFH.

We can all pitch in, as it is dollar night Thursday vs. UCLA - tickets, drinks, snacks all $1 - bring your friends & family.

Edited by ElTurco (11/28/09 09:21 PM)

#1031597 - 12/03/09 10:27 AM Re: 0-2 in the Bahamas [Re: ElTurco]
Str8balliN Offline
str8 d0uch3

Quote:

We can all pitch in, as it is dollar night Thursday vs. UCLA - tickets, drinks, snacks all $1 - bring your friends & family.

NO

#1031598 - 12/03/09 03:40 PM Re: 0-2 in the Bahamas [Re: Str8balliN]
Jayhawksfan942 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: I'd rather be in Lawrence
Does dollar night include nachos?

#1031599 - 12/19/09 09:29 PM Re: 0-3 (for Kansas teams) in the Bahamas [Re: Jayhawksfan942]
Code_2008 Offline
WBB Moderator

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
What is it with Kansas teams and the Bahamas?

Wichita State Ladies are doing horrible there as well, and they're not doing to bad overall.

Preview