Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102908 - 03/22/07 08:49 AM I will have a LaRussa on the rocks!
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
La Russa arrested
Cardinals manager charged with suspicion of DUI
Posted: Thursday March 22, 2007 8:47AM; Updated: Thursday March 22, 2007 9:25AM

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) -- St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa was arrested Thursday on suspicion of drunken driving after police said they found him asleep inside his running sport utility vehicle at a stop light and smelling of alcohol.

La Russa, 62, gave two breath samples and was determined to have a blood alcohol content of 0.093 percent, Jupiter police said in a statement. Florida's legal driving limit is 0.08 percent.

Undercover officers first saw La Russa's SUV partially in an intersection around midnight and not moving despite several green lights, police said. Officers knocked on the vehicle's window and LaRussa did not initially respond.

The SUV was in drive and running, with La Russa's foot on the brake, police said. When he eventually woke up, the officers asked him to get out of the SUV.

He was arrested around midnight and booked in the Palm Beach County jail on the misdemeanor about four hours later, according to police and jail records.

La Russa was cooperative, police said.

The Cardinals play spring training games at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter.

#102909 - 03/22/07 09:13 AM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: kuking123]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Tony "La La Bye" LaRussa. I wonder what "La" was sippin on? ASleep at the wheel with the brake still applied? La was toasty!

#102910 - 03/22/07 10:26 AM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: JHAWX75]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Imagine being stuck behind him at the stop light. You honk and honk and then go out to check on him (or maybe not since this is how many people get robbed and killed) and you think you found a dead Tony La Russa. If you are smart you then break out the camera phone, snap a few pictures, and then bribe the sh*t out of him.

Edited by kuking123 (03/22/07 12:16 PM)

#102911 - 03/22/07 04:17 PM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: kuking123]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
I have a friend that snuck into the new Cardnial stadium New Years '06 and snuck some pictures....one of them is him cristening La Russa's crapper in his office....

#102912 - 03/22/07 05:02 PM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: brando]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Best fans in baseball have the drunkest skipper in baseball.

#102913 - 03/22/07 08:56 PM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: jaihaux]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Best fans in baseball have the drunkest skipper in baseball.

I was not aware Sweet Lou had a drinking problem.....

#102914 - 03/23/07 08:10 AM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: brando]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Quote:

I have a friend that snuck into the new Cardnial stadium New Years '06 and snuck some pictures....one of them is him cristening La Russa's crapper in his office....

That is beautiful!

Ozzie Guillen one the biggest pieces of junk in all of sports decided to chime in on La Russa. He made light of it and then said he - Guillen - was an alcoholic.

#102915 - 03/23/07 09:45 PM Re: I will have a LaRussa on the rocks! [Re: kuking123]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
I saw a Jerry Springer episode with Guillen on it.....kinda funny...I will have to see if I can find it...

Preview