Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1025842 - 12/11/09 08:47 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Q: If Noel Arguelles and Dayton Moore had a love child, what wouyld it look like?

A: I don't know, but that would be one boring kid.

#1025843 - 12/11/09 09:58 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
I'm sorry to break in on this party, but I read this whole damn thread and only have one thing to say:

Ray Schalk was not sold to the White Sox from the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers didn't exist until much later. It was the Milwaukee Braves.

There. I'm done.

Have a great life pissing on the greatest game ever invented.

Turds.

(Extra bonus points for use of two bodily functions).

#1025844 - 12/11/09 10:02 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: chiknbut]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
You lost me at Ray Schalk. Must've nodded off...

#1025845 - 12/11/09 03:28 PM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: chiknbut]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Ah, Chikn, chikn, chikn....

Before the Brewers were the Braves... and before the Braves were.... the Brewers. That name goes back to the late 1890's if I'm not mistaken.

As the childhood friend of my Great Uncle, Ray Schalk is practically my proprietary property in these parts. The man was a Brewer. And I am all the more fascinating for being obliquely associated with the man. You, on the other hand, are just another non-Wikipedia-consulting guy with a jar full of piss and a handful of poop, and a sheepish look on his face.

#1025846 - 12/14/09 11:03 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
Ouch!

#1025847 - 12/14/09 11:20 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: JHAWKinKY]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

That sounded kinda harsh, I guess.

I'll admit I had the good sense to check Wikipedia before questioning your Brewers info, as I was momentarily wont to do.

#1025848 - 12/16/09 05:51 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Baseball is boring, there was talk about this big trade last night and all I could think about was how boring baseball was. The guys names were even boring, one of them was Lee.

#1025849 - 12/17/09 09:42 AM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: JHAWKinKY]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Light Horse Harry Lee was interesting....so it's not the name. It's baseball.

#1025850 - 12/17/09 12:10 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Old Man Lee's son was interesting also. I hear he hated baseball too.

#1025851 - 12/17/09 12:15 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: JHAWKinKY]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Anyone with a name like "Light Horse Harry" has to be pretty cool. Just sayin'.

George Will likes baseball. And he's boring.

#1025852 - 12/17/09 12:18 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

George Plimpton. Another guy who;
a.) Likes baseball
b.) Is (was) boring
c.) Is named George

#1025853 - 12/17/09 12:22 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: JHAWKinKY]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

When you think about it, the name George is inherently boring. Imagine the cataclysm of boredom if you were a baseball player named George.

#1025854 - 12/17/09 12:25 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

When you think about it, the name George is inherently boring. Imagine the cataclysm of boredom if you were a baseball player named George.

I think I just did.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/george_eastman_house/2870337629/

#1025855 - 12/27/09 03:09 PM Re: Let's Talk About Robert E. Lee [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
bump

#1025856 - 12/27/09 04:41 PM Re: Let's Talk About How Baseball is Boring [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

Ah, Chikn, chikn, chikn....

Before the Brewers were the Braves... and before the Braves were.... the Brewers. That name goes back to the late 1890's if I'm not mistaken.

As the childhood friend of my Great Uncle, Ray Schalk is practically my proprietary property in these parts. The man was a Brewer. And I am all the more fascinating for being obliquely associated with the man. You, on the other hand, are just another non-Wikipedia-consulting guy with a jar full of piss and a handful of poop, and a sheepish look on his face.

I'm not sure, but I think the original Milwaukee Brewers were a minor league team. If they were major league, it was pre modern era, back when the Yankees were called the Highlanders and the Cardinals were the Perfectos.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview