Renting and Landlords

Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Renting and Landlords - 10/27/18 01:54 PM

Ok I am going to be Gutter like here and ask your opinions on a problem I am having with my landlord. I have lived in a rather large apartment complex for 14 months now. Management has always been rude and it takes forever to get repairs done. About a month prior to my year lease expiring I get a letter notifying me that I had 3 options for rent renewal.

Option 1: An increase of 215 a minth if I renewed for a year. Option 2: An increase of 245.00 a month if I renewed for 6 -12 months. Option 3: An increase of 260.00 a month if I went month to month. When I inquired why the large increases the rude apartment manager said it was a fair increase due to current market value.

I wouldn't have complained but my sister lives in the same complex in a one bedroom thats about 950 sq ft and her increase was only 90.00 dollars . my unit is a large 2 bedroom that is 1708 sq ft. Not twice as big as my sisters but the rent increase was approximately 2.5 as much as hers. I agreed to the month to month and asked the asst mgr if that included everything including my monthly pet fee. She stated yes it did..about 2 weeks ago I received a message stating I owed 2 months pet fee 60 dollars.

I called to notify management that I was told it was included in the 260.00 a month increase. I was told that the asst mgr was in error and no longer worked there. The new asst. mgr is the 5th one they have had since I moved here. I paid the difference but told them I was very unhappy and thought they are very unprofessional. I want to contact the Johnson Co Landlord Association but do I have a worthwhile legitimate complaint. I am actively seeking somewhere else to live but I am tired of this apartment management crew getting away with shoddy way if running things..Any input will be appreciated.
Posted by: JimWest

Re: Renting and Landlords - 10/28/18 01:41 AM

lol

Re: Renting and Landlords - 10/28/18 11:39 AM

Useful advice...you dang limp wristed sucka..

Re: Renting and Landlords - 10/28/18 07:42 PM

Awaiting Jimbo's reply. Probably wont be until after 2 a. M. tonight after he is finished sexually servicing his San Francisco male customers. I am sure he will have a mouthful...also a lot to comment on too...
Posted by: Maximus

Re: Renting and Landlords - 10/30/18 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER

Option 1: An increase of 215 a minth if I renewed for a year. Option 2: An increase of 245.00 a month if I renewed for 6 -12 months. Option 3: An increase of 260.00 a month if I went month to month. When I inquired why the large increases the rude apartment manager said it was a fair increase due to current market value.

Never ask why. More money. No contract, then no legal requirement to still deal with a bad apartment.

Did you get value for the rent or did the landlord? Who is the dummy. Probable not the landlord if you agreed to higher prices with other "market" apartments available.

Re: Renting and Landlords - 10/30/18 11:16 PM

You got me Maxey...I is the dummy. I just didnt want to move in hot ass August. Believe me I can more than afford the rent increase. The square footage I get is about 200 dollars cheapers than a house to rent in the area of equal size...plus I dont pay for lawn care or maintenance.

My main question was that a fair rent increase considering my aforementioned and the fact they charge new renters 50 bucks less a month for the same floor plan. No reason for you to be a dik. We got enough of them on KU message boards.