Hey JollyRancher...

Posted by: jayhawk154

Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 08:15 PM

...what's it like there with next week's big event coming up?
Posted by: JollyRancher

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 08:22 PM

Great. 75-80 daily, sun all the time.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 08:24 PM

Any big plans for next weekend? I mean, what's the buzz like over there? It's gotta be a big damn deal, right?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 08:30 PM

I would imagine for those associated, it is a big deal. Obviously with all the projects here it merely a huge marketing event, hence Tiger's appearance fee. Golf isn't that huge among the residents here, but for business visitors and those on holiday, it is. What are your plans for next weekend? I'll be watching the Superbowl.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 08:56 PM

I didn't imagine it was much for the locals, but as an American 'visitor' it might be a good time. Have you been to the course? Some friends of the family have told me that it has some spectacular views. Isn't it fairly close to the Hard Rock?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 09:09 PM

The course is nothing short of remarkable, but--excuse the golf pun--that is par for the course in these parts. There's a reason for the $160 greens fees, and it's not because this place has oil coming out of the water fountains.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 09:19 PM

So, you've played the Miracle?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 09:21 PM

Sure haven't.
Posted by: jensen

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 09:30 PM

Did you know they have a handicap limit? Have to sport a 28 or better.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 09:35 PM

I wonder if Wadi has the same requirement? Did it open on time?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:05 PM

Quote:

Sure haven't.

Is Wadi open yet?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:08 PM

I thought you were talking to the other guy. The work I am here for isn't for the golfcourse. I can make a call, if you'd like.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:10 PM

That'd be great. Thanks.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:14 PM

Open. Not this week, however.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:15 PM

Why isn't it open this week?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:15 PM

Here you go 154.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:17 PM

Already answered. That was easy. I did ask if they were excited about this week. "Yes sir, very much so" was the response. You are welcome. But why do I get the feeling there was never going to be a gesture of gratitude.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:20 PM

I didn't ask you the question. I did throw a question your way on the basketball board, but you took that the wrong way as well.

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:26 PM

It's a premier event being played right under your nose. I'm pretty sure the golfing contingent would love to have an insider's view.

With GolfEx going on and capturing headlines, a new course that was all over the paper locally and the upcoming tournament I figured you'd be right there in the middle of it. And, this board the right place...

They never asked over at phog?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:30 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? You have me lost, but for some reason I don't think it's me. Yesterday you didn't realize the link for www.lazer.com works here, today it's golf courses and why people here aren't sh*tting oil filled golfballs. Do you think I am a pro golfer or something? You think a golfcourse opening up stops the presses here? The place opened up months ago, as I just learned on the phone. They are building a freaking island in the shape of a palm tree out here and you think I am worried about a golf tourney. Do you have a wife?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:38 PM

So, you don't follow golf? That's all you had to say. Geez...you knew the greens fees, I thought you might know more.

So, maybe the Golf Cup is more newsworthy?

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/28/07 10:41 PM

Yesterday you didn't realize the link for www.lazer.com works here,

Really? Is that what you got out of that? Wow...they must've worked you over at the phog. You're awfully defensive.
Posted by: Hawklin

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 01/29/07 11:32 AM

Man you are lucky. When I was out of the country for the DePaul game the website required a valid US Military ID to gain access for the feed.
Posted by: n00sh

Re: Hey JollyRancher... - 07/15/15 01:53 PM

Bump