All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz)

Posted by: CrimsonNBlue

All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/15/13 07:19 PM

However, I read that Robbie Cano got booed at the derby.

Awesome.

I'm sure it's all KC's fault.
Posted by: outlawhawk79

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/15/13 07:35 PM

lmao, the booing just happened like less than half an hour ago and you've already 'read' about it?

Chris Berman goes, 'Wow!, really, they're booing Robbie again'?

It was pretty comical
Posted by: KUSPORTSFAN93

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 12:00 AM

It was a pretty good derby (what I watched of it). Cool to see Harper make the final. Cool to see old man Cuddyer make it out of the 1st round.

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 12:02 AM

Also--why do we want Cano booed, exactly? I never did and never will understand why there is so much enmity towards him, perpetuated fervently by idiots like Kevin Keitzmann.

I get being upset that Billy Butler wasn't in the derby, but get over it children. Cano seems like an alright guy.
Posted by: kugregg

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 12:13 AM

Not that I care, but why is Cano the captain for the AL team again in the home run derby?
Posted by: thekid6

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 12:33 AM

Overall a good derby. Those fans were treated to a pretty good showing by the participants. Cespedes took some vicious cuts as did Harper. Cespedes reminded me of Vlad with his golf homerun today too!

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: kugregg
Not that I care, but why is Cano the captain for the AL team again in the home run derby?

Mets hosting, but they wanted to go New York v. New York for captains. Plus, Cano has won it previously and is a HR hitter.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 04:44 PM

Not hard to figure why Cano was getting booed. He is a Yankee and the HR Derby and All Star game is played in the home of the cross town Mets. Nothing to do with KC or rocket science.
Posted by: outlawhawk79

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Not hard to figure why Cano was getting booed. He is a Yankee and the HR Derby and All Star game is played in the home of the cross town Mets. Nothing to do with KC or rocket science.

Apparently this is rocket science to CnB

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 06:39 PM

Speaking of zzzzz...Joe Buck. I don't think it gets any worse! I can't wait until ESPN or someone else gets the rights to the playoffs so Joe Buck can shut up.
Posted by: NDballer13

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 07:02 PM

It's still NY. It's not like the tickets to the events were sold only to Mets fans.
Posted by: NDballer13

Re: All-Star Stuff (zzzzzzzzz) - 07/16/13 07:04 PM

2 things I have to question though.

1. Did Jose Bautista just hand a Canadian flag to an American veteran?
2. Why does Fox have to have the same music for EVERYTHING? The promo music makes me think I'm watching football, but instead they use it for everything, basketball, baseball, UFC, etc. Why?
Posted by: AFH1

Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/16/13 07:14 PM

Posted by: jayhawks14

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/16/13 10:14 PM

Nothing better then watching the best players in the game go at it for a meaningful cause. Awesome to see a standing ovation for a classy guy like Mariano Rivera hard to imagine a Yankees game being closed out by anyone but him. Glad to see the AL finally pull one out this year the last couple have been hard to watch.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/16/13 10:26 PM

Really a beautiful moment for Mariano Rivera tonight. Probably my favorite non-Royal in all of baseball. Class act. Best reliever ever. Congrats to him on a phenomenal career.
Posted by: 41and2since94

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/16/13 11:06 PM

Guess I'm just a homer, but my favorite part of the game was seeing Sal get a hit and score. First of many (as a Royal), I hope.

Cool for him to get to catch Rivera, too.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: 41and2since94
Guess I'm just a homer, but my favorite part of the game was seeing Sal get a hit and score. First of many (as a Royal), I hope.

Cool for him to get to catch Rivera, too.

Yes and yes. I was ecstatic when I saw him catching for Rivera. The hit was good too.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 08:46 AM

Saw a great post on Twitter last night, wondering why MLB didn't hire Metallica to play "Enter Sandman" when Rivera took the field.

My gawd, how awesome would that have been?
Posted by: kylecof11

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 09:43 AM

It still blows my mind Sal is only 23. He will in multiple All-Star games and will win multiple Gold Gloves. The fact that the Royals locked him up with an underpaid contract is unreal.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 10:26 AM

The only thing I am worried about is did the Yankees get a chance to entertain S. Perez with the temptation of wearing the pinstripes while he was in NYC. Every since that stoopid Rex Hudler mentioned he wondered how he would look in pinstripes a few weeks ago I have been worried about that. Perez did a bang up job last night by the way.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 12:32 PM

Great thing about the all-star game last night was all the young players in the game. If this is what games will be like the next 5-10 years, MLB is in good hands.
Posted by: jammahawk

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 12:46 PM

The only thing I am worried about is did the Yankees get a chance to entertain S. Perez with the temptation of wearing the pinstripes while he was in NYC. Every since that stoopid Rex Hudler mentioned he wondered how he would look in pinstripes a few weeks ago I have been worried about that. Perez did a bang up job last night by the way.

You do realize that by taking the incorrect context of Hudlers comment, puts you in the same group as Kevin Keitzman. Wallow in that filth for a while.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 12:58 PM

Salvy is pretty much untradeable until about 2017.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 02:21 PM

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse...Of course I dont want him to go anywhere. He has superstar potential.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 02:25 PM

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse...Of course I dont want him to go anywhere. He has superstar potential.

Would take a sizable part of their farm system. I highly doubt the Yanks have any big league contracts that would be worth trading the Salvy bargain for.
Posted by: JFish26

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 02:26 PM

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse.

I'm not sure they can. Certainly, the list of one-for-one swaps I would do for Perez is about this long:

Trout
Harper
Machado
Stanton
Buxton

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 02:38 PM

Perez needs to improve his power. He is such a big guy. Defensively, he has multiple GGs in his future.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 02:56 PM

Also--can we talk about what a joke it is how many players get to participate in the all-star game? By the end of it--starters, reserves, final vote, replacements--almost 80 players (maybe more than 80) were a part of the ASG.

That's just ridiculous. They need to cut the teams down, so that it's a little more of an honor. Yes, I suppose being one of the 40 best players in the league (or just the best on your team) is still a huge honor. But no other all-star game (of the 4 major sports) does it like that.

I like how the NBA does it. Bare minimum for a team: 12 players. Replacements for injuries. Of course, the NBA ASG is a total joke, as far as quality of play goes. The MLB beats everyone in that regard. But at least the NBA gets the recognition right.

The MLB ought to have each roster look like this:

-1 starter at each infield position (5 players)
-3 starting outfielders
-1 reserve corner infielder
-1 reserve middle infielder
-1 reserve catcher
-2 reserve outfielders
-1 DH (if AL) or "utility" (meaning any position) player (if NL)
-Total of 14 hitters

-6 to 8 starting pitchers
-5 to 7 relievers
-Total of 13 pitchers

Even that is more than a normal MLB roster; it's 27. But at least it makes "all-star" a little more meaningful. Oh, and none of the "every team gets a player" crap. I know that that rule has helped the Royals, but it's lame.

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/17/13 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: JFish26
The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse.

I'm not sure they can. Certainly, the list of one-for-one swaps I would do for Perez is about this long:

Trout
Harper
Machado
Stanton
Buxton

I actually posted what I did because of the NYC Mob connection. I dont want Perez to go anwhere with the exception of the guys you listed to trade even up for, and thats not going to happen.
Posted by: rockchalker5

Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! - 07/19/13 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: jammahawk

You do realize that by taking the incorrect context of Hudlers comment, puts you in the same group as Kevin Keitzman. Wallow in that filth for a while.

Well put jammahawk. Its not what rex meant by the comment. And I heard keitz harp on it for a while...pretty much trying to get the guy fired for something stupid. Typical bullshite from KK.

I'll follow that up by saying that rex's job should be in question....but not because of that.