Royals @ Yanks

Posted by: rockchalker5

Royals @ Yanks - 07/07/13 06:24 PM

Big 4 game series. Probable starters:

Guthrie - Hughes
Shields - Sabathia
Davis - Nova
Santana - Pettitte

Lines up alright for us I think. Except Davis of course....
Posted by: tyler

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/07/13 09:29 PM

I dont like Santana pitching at Yankee Stadium especially considering that he still remains above the league average in HR/9 even though he's pitching half his games in the spacious K. Also, Guthrie has been beyond lucky during his entire stint with the Royals. His BABIP is .015 below his career average yet his line drive rate is slighty above average all while stranding 7% more base runners and striking out 1 less /9 than his career totals. I'm not exactly sure how he's doing it but I guess lets just hope it continues.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 09:52 AM

To be fair, Santana only gave up 2 HRs in 6 starts in the month of June. He had a rough May in that category, he gave up 9 in 5 starts.

Cant say that I disagree with you on Guthrie. But him going against Hughes doesn't scare me much.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 10:12 AM

Although we were just dominated by Tommy Milone so maybe Hughes should scare me...
Posted by: pwhittemore

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 02:08 PM

Considering going to game 3. Only one I could make.
Not sure if I want to see our worst starter get rocked.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 04:37 PM

You better go pwhitte. I will have some Outback vouchers waiting for you at will call...lol. Tics at new Yankee Stadium are not cheap.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 07:54 PM

I get em through my company at 50 percent off. 16 dollar tickets and move down.
Good chance I'm going with a few alum.
Posted by: CrimsonNBlue

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 10:16 PM

Bottom 9, Up 4, Hoch puts 2 on and Holland puts another on. Then strikes out the side.

Holland was an absolute All-Star snub.
Posted by: JFish26

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 10:38 PM

For now. There's time.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/08/13 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: pwhittemore
I get em through my company at 50 percent off. 16 dollar tickets and move down.
Good chance I'm going with a few alum.

With as few people as there was at the end tonight...moving down would have been no problem. Saw a Royals win...good dealio.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
Bottom 9, Up 4, Hoch puts 2 on and Holland puts another on. Then strikes out the side.

I was glad to see Ned pull Houch immediately, no messing around.

I think that was the nastiest I've seen Holland all year. Hitting 97-99 regularly, devestating split and slider.
Posted by: ku_painter

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 10:58 AM

The movement on Hollands pitches last night was insane.
Posted by: kylecof11

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 11:44 AM

This is the Holland the Royals have wanted all year. He's not trying to be so precise. He's rearing back and throwing with fire and that's when his pitches really starting dancing and moving like crazy. When his splitter and slider is on, he is really tough to get a hit off of. Especially when his fastball is reaching 99.
Posted by: mtglite

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 12:08 PM

I forget who it was that made the last out, but he wasn't even swing at Hollands pitches, he was just trying to foul them off because he really didn't have a shot. It was like a little kid up there.
Holland hitting 99 with that movement isn't fair.

I don't think many outside of Royals country realize how good he has been this year.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:18 PM

A guy like Holland could be a big trade target at the deadline. It would be interesting to know what his value would be. Personally I'd trade a closer for a good bat anyday of the week. But again...not sure what exactly we could get for him.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:22 PM

Let's win these last 6 games and have Utley join us after the break.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:34 PM

Rather have Altuve.

Or trade our entire farm system for Gincarlo Stanton.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:44 PM

Let's win these last 6 games and have Utley join us after the break.

I don't know.. I like Utley's .340 OBP and his 11 HR's but is he worth giving up a good prosect or 2 because that's what the Phillies are going to ask for.

Sidenote... How the Yankees are at 48 or whatever wins blows my mind. Considering they haven't been full strength all year, I don't know how they've won so many games.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: mtglite
I don't think many outside of Royals country realize how good he has been this year.

Rob's trying to inform people.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: rockchalker5
Rather have Altuve.

Or trade our entire farm system for Gincarlo Stanton.

I would love Altuve as well, but the Astros are not going to give up a 23 year old 2nd baseman that can hit, field and can steal bases.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 02:09 PM

[/quote]

I would love Altuve as well, but the Astros are not going to give up a 23 year old 2nd baseman that can hit, field and can steal bases. [/quote]

Sure they would. Probably cost 3 prospects but could really pay off.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 02:13 PM

Rob's trying to inform people.

Nice.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 08:46 PM

May have caught the Yankees at a good time. They're really having trouble scoring.
Posted by: JZHawk

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 08:48 PM

Nice work all around by the Royals tonight. Shields and Holland were studs. Great defense to back them up all game. And just enough big hits to get the job done. One game under .500 now.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 09:02 PM

Wed, Jul 10
@
NY Yankees
7:05 PM Davis (4-7) Nova (3-2)

Thu, Jul 11
@
NY Yankees
1:05 PM Santana (5-5) Pettitte (6-6)

Fri, Jul 12
@
Cleveland
7:05 PM Chen (3-0) Kluber (6-5)

Sat, Jul 13
@
Cleveland
7:05 PM Guthrie (8-6) Kazmir (4-4)

Sun, Jul 14
@
Cleveland
1:05 PM Shields (4-6) Jimenez (7-4)

If we were to get the bats going and go 4-1, I'll be screaming for a trade, probably irrationally, but would be pretty exciting.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/09/13 09:29 PM

I love it when the Royals beat the Spankees. Love it, love it, love it!

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 09:44 AM

Well folks, the elusive .500 mark could be reached tonight. And it all rides on.....Wade Davis. Damn.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 10:00 AM

I'm going tonight. Come on Royals!
Posted by: 1985hawk

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 11:25 AM

This is the first time since 2003 that the Royals have been in sniffing distance of the leader. I may need to start tuning in.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 02:56 PM

Was just in the elevator with Joe Torre. Didn't know he was in there and I was trying to sell off my extra ticket to tonights game.
Posted by: mtglite

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 07:52 PM

Wade Davis is good

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 08:22 PM

Wade Davis is good

LOL, for sure.

Seriously, he better be sent to the bullpen for the rest of this season. Is Duffy or Paulino close to being able to come back and possibly take Davis spot in the rotation?

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 08:26 PM

Maybe Paulino.

And at this point, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Duffy is over Davis anyway. Especially after this much time off.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 08:56 PM

Fair point about the time off.

But I guess I just don't see what the Royals have to lose by throwing Duffy or Paulino (as long as they are completely recovered) in place of Davis right now. Davis is absolutely awful.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 09:04 PM

If anyone sees Wade Davis tell him I'm lookin for him.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 09:08 PM

Maybe Paulino.

And at this point, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Duffy is over Davis anyway. Especially after this much time off.

Ventura?

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 09:11 PM

He's been pitching well, but I think he's a year away?

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 09:22 PM

yeah I don't think hes ready. But its possible if we stay somewhat close in the standings.

They need to do something..... And I don't think the answer is on the big league roster.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/10/13 10:48 PM

Considering going to game 3. Only one I could make.
Not sure if I want to see our worst starter get rocked.

wellfeck. He got rocked. I woulda walked cano with 2 outs and taken the chance w loaded bases.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: rockchalker5
Maybe Paulino.

Ventura?

Ventura is still over a year away. Duffy has apparently been really strong in AAA. I have always liked Duffy and like his stuff when he is on. Davis is a Hochevar 2.0. Has signs of dominance, like his great game at Atlanta, then goes out and flounders.

Those 2 HR's hit last night would be outs in KC. I hate Yankee Stadium and the short distances to the walls. But 80% of hitters swing and miss on Cano's HR. That's why he is good damn good.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 09:25 AM

If we were to get the bats going and go 4-1, I'll be screaming for a trade, probably irrationally, but would be pretty exciting.

I highly doubt we can catch the Tigers. It's looking mighty tough for those 2 wildcard spots too. But Moore went for win now...so this might be the season to do it.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 10:27 AM

Davis sucked it up, no doubt. But I also think Ned left him in too long. I believe he was at or was close to the 100 pitch mark well before giving up the bomb to Overbay. And clearly he had already been struggling. But at the same time, hes a starter, and you need to be able to count on your starter to get through at least 6 ininings. Which he has only done 7 times this year. Not good.

I think you move Davis to the 8th inning role and move Will Smith in the rotation. Right now.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 10:28 AM

I highly doubt we can catch the Tigers. It's looking mighty tough for those 2 wildcard spots too. But Moore went for win now...so this might be the season to do it.

The wild card will be next to impossible for the Royals. Catching the Tigers is our only chance.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 10:39 AM

6 games back from Detroit, 7 from Wildcard. I think Detroit will only get better from here. Maybe the AL East will beat each other around some.
Posted by: BigDipper05

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 11:18 AM

Royals are "all in" and are in win now mode with their best team in 20 years. Currently 2 games under .500.

Yankees have their worst team in 20 years, yet are still 7 game over .500.

Kansas City is so pathetic. Hilarious!

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 11:43 AM

Hilarious!

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 01:38 PM

This.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 04:56 PM

Payroll smack! And yet...only 2-5 record on the year versus the major inferiority complex

If only small market teams like Tampa, Oakland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and KC could compete. Wait a minute...

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 05:47 PM

So you don't think if the Royals had an extra 90 million to spend they'd be better? Just asking.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 07:36 PM

More like pathetic. The only payroll more disgusting but laughable given the results is the Dodgers.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 08:25 PM

Are their any MLB teams that have developed better players through their farm system than the Yanks have? Jeter, Rivera, Cano, and Pettitte are all home grown products.

Re: Royals @ Yanks - 07/11/13 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BigDipper05
Are their any MLB teams that have developed better players through their farm system than the Yanks have? Jeter, Rivera, Cano, and Pettitte are all home grown products.

Off the top of my head I can think of six teams better at the Yanks at developing players

Nationals
Giants
Reds
Braves
Cards
Rays

If you are pretending the Yanks are where they are because you can name four or five homegrown players in the last 10-12 years you are fooling yourself.

Ranking Teams with Homegrown Players.