Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City

Posted by: KUSPORTSFAN93

Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 02:34 PM

Good win last night. Very good pitching from the bullpen. 5 wins in a row now? Not bad. Shields pitching Wednesday should give them a great chance to take the series, but I don't have much faith in Wade Davis winning tonight, despite three decent starts in his last four.
Posted by: CrimsonNBlue

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 02:43 PM

Easiest stretch of the season last week.

"I will not get sucked back in, I will not get sucked back in, I will not get sucked back in."

But, pitching as been great. Mid-week day game tomorrow, Shields and Verlander. Going to take the afternoon off and head out there.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 02:48 PM

Sounds like a nice afternoon, weather-wise, for baseball tomorrow. No matter how bad the Royals are, it's hard to pass on seeing two aces, for the ticket prices. I caught Shields/Dickey earlier this year at the K.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 02:52 PM

Royals probably make or break their season in the next 6 series. After Detroit, a 7 game road trip (4 @ TB, 3 @ Cle), a 5 game home stand (3 v. CWS, 2 v. Atl), 4 @ MIN, 3 v. Cle.

4 of those 6 series against division opponents, 6 against the team they're battling for second. Only two against a really good team. If they want to compete, they MUST take advantage of that stretch. Otherwise, it's time to be sellers again.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 10:51 PM

Boy was I wrong about Davis. Really good night for him. Tim Collins sucked in relief and that was the difference. Well, that and the offense. 2 runs is unacceptable against most everyone, let alone the Tigers. Pitching continues to be great, but you can't expect it to carry you to victory every night. Still, a victory tomorrow gives the Royals the series and that's big when you're only a handful of games out of first.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/11/13 11:03 PM

Crow saved Collins, but Cabrera is the best hitter in baseball and the Royals are the worst hitting team in baseball. And there's your difference tonight.
Posted by: kylecof11

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 08:56 AM

Very solid effort by Davis. When he is on and being himself, he can be a very good pitcher. You honestly can't hold Detroit's 3-4-5 hitters down very long, and in the 8th inning they broke free a bit. Disappointing finish, but good strides made by Davis and Royals couldn't get a key hit when needed.
Posted by: gquinn225

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 04:07 PM

Well that was cool...do Royals win now?

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 04:14 PM

You picked a hell of a game CnB. What a series saving bomb by Cain, following another beautiful start by Shields.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 05:18 PM

Just 2 humongous hits in an important series and how about Tejada's 2 PH AB's. Was really hoping Moose would have hit the walkoff in the 9th for a confidence boost. Now let's just get Shields some damn run support.

Was a ton of fun, but wow, it shouldn't be this hot already.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 05:43 PM

Yeah--it's so damn hot today. Would have liked to see that pitching duel though. Great to see Hosmer with the walkoff.
Posted by: DOOM

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/12/13 08:08 PM

all right royals!

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/13/13 02:26 AM

Like I said above, the next 19 games are VITAL for the Royals. If they win most of the series and come out of it above .500 and competing for the division, the management will buy itself a lot of good will and keep fans interested.

If it goes the other way, this team will be 10 games out and sellers once again.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/13/13 08:19 AM

No naysaying now...they are playing well with some luck, especially in yesterdays game. But you when you take two of three from the Tigers you cant complain. Now I am fully confident they can finish the season at .500 ball or above.

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/13/13 08:24 AM

Only way the Royals keep on winning is if the bats turn around. Pitching has been absolutely phenomenal, something like 22 runs against in the last 11 games. You can't expect that to continue. Plus 6 of those games were home games against MIN and HOU.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/13/13 09:21 AM

Little more satisfying in baseball - other than beating the Cardinals - then seeing Jose Valverde blow a save.
Posted by: christgs80

Re: Series 22: Detroit @ Kansas City - 06/13/13 09:50 AM

Nice job taking 2 out of 3 against Detroit.

Need to keep up the momentum now in TB.