Series 15: Royals @ Astros

Posted by: Phog4ever

Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 11:41 AM

I think what few were on the bandwagon in april appear to be abandoning ship.
Very depressing and frustrating road trip.
Posted by: mtglite

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 11:48 AM

pretty terrible right now
Posted by: KUSPORTSFAN93

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 03:32 PM

Last night was bad. Guthrie hasn't been that bad in a while. If they don't take this series from the Disastros, people are going to be jumping off that bandwagon FAST.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 03:59 PM

Where is the blame to be put...a few weeks ago they were 7 games over .500 playing with energy and enthusiasm...Now its hum drum...hanging heads..no energy type efforts. Escobar is my standard for how this team performs and he looks like he could care less about being there. This has got to be all put on Ned. Drop kick that guy out of there.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 04:05 PM

We shouldn't just throw it all on Ned. There are only 2 blameless people right now in my mind, maybe more if I think more about it:

Alex Gordon
James Shields
Posted by: tyler

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 07:18 PM

What the hell is this lineup tonight??

Lough
Johnson
Gordon

Is ANYBODY surprised that Gordon got a hit with nobody on and 2 outs?

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 08:20 PM

Another joke lineup that still hasnt scored tonight vs the worse team in baseball. Oh who am I kidding presently the Royals are the worse. Did you catch Neddys spot on 610 sports today. Stated that the fans had too high expectations...errr hello Ned, we expect you to coach this supposively talented teams to wins over the crappy Disastros and the Athletics. Sure I can see them losing to the Yankees or Detroit.

But not beating the teams you should beat is a load of crap. Good thing I am not the radio interviewer I would put those questions about underperforming to crap teams right in Yost's face. Fire that clown...
Posted by: tyler

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 08:24 PM

And a 3 run bomb from a kid that hadn't hit one all year.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 08:29 PM

Yep...FIRE YOST NOW....Yosts states that no Royal fans at the games actually complain like they do on call in shows on 610. Well no sh-it Braniac Yost...When you went on this road trip the team was several games above .500. Lose this one and come back to the K under .500, he will hear it from the fans on friday.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 09:05 PM

Look at our lineup tonight, I mean its really really embarrassing.

Plenty of blame to go around, but Yost was bad when we were winning, and is even somehow worse when we are losing.

Lost in this bullshit is Gordon is having an amazing season.
Posted by: 41and2since94

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 09:14 PM

<sigh>

Maybe they'll pull this one out, but wow, taking on water pretty quickly. Good to see the pressure increasing on Yost, even if it is somewhat misplaced in some cases (not necessarily on this board).

Just a quick glance at the lineup. Four out of the nine hitting .205 or worse. You simply can't have that, even in injury situations.

At least Gordo is red-hot.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:16 PM

RBI single by Moose. Maybe that will help jump-start him.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:18 PM

They'll win tonight. They'll score one more with the bases loaded here.

Good to see an RBI single from Moose. If he would have struck out, I may have cried.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:22 PM

Well, I was right. Wasn't expecting them to walk one in though.

To the above point about Gordon--dude is incredible. He's hitting almost .450 against lefties this year if I'm not mistaken. That's incredible.

It may have taken him awhile to find it, but boy has he become a great player, defensively and now offensively. I read Rany Jazayerli's blog the other day and he was suggesting that the Royals lock up Hosmer and Moose long-term right now, when their stock is low. Even if they overpay, it's so unlikely that neither will pan out that it's worth risking that only one might. Hopefully neither takes as long as Gordon.

For the record, even if Moose would have hit a grand slam in the top of the eighth, I still think he should be in Omaha right now.
Posted by: CrimsonNBlue

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:31 PM

We're Back!!!

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:34 PM

Wow, impressive inning by Crow. Leave him in there, Ned. Please.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:42 PM

OK, that was just cool.

Infield hit, two SBs and a wild pitch. Can't get a much cheaper run than that.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:57 PM

Needed that one.

How about a "laugher" Wednesday? Maybe spot Shields 4 or so in the first?

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/21/13 10:58 PM

Good god, if Shields gives up 1 and we score 2, I'm going to cry. Don't just get him a win--make him feel comfortable. Score a dozen. Get this offense kickstarted. I want a HR from Moose (if they refuse to send him down) and Hosmer tomorow.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/22/13 09:47 AM

I kind of feel bad for busting on Yost. But he still sucks...Good win...all singles ..lol. Wish we had one serious dependable power hitter. The Braves have found one hidden treasure with that Gattis dude. Hell that hulk looks like he could stare one out of the park. Braves are playing good ball again.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/23/13 08:11 AM

In Shields 5 losses the Royals have given him 6 runs.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/23/13 08:49 AM

If they lose the first series of the homestand will they can Yost. I hope so.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/23/13 12:26 PM

As much as I bag on Yost, a significant portion of the blame lies on the overall organization. GMDM is about to begin his 8th year with the Royals. In their 8th year of existence, the Royals made the playoffs...starting from scratch. Granted, the economics of baseball were far different in the 70s, but Moore didn't start with a bare cabinet. Gordon, Butler and Greinke are Allard Baird selections. What bankable talent has Moore added to this organization since he arrived? Perez. Crow. Um.... uh.... Well, Cain seems to be good, but he came from cashing in the Greinke chip. Same goes for Esky.

I do believe Hos (and probably Moose) will eventually get it, but that's the problem: The Royals are still more about potential than results. Seven years in you should be getting results. And if Hos and Moose fail, the pipeline isn't exactly bursting with MLB talent.

The gaping holes in the lineups that Ned trots out there? Those holes are largely Moore's responsibility.

But let's not let Ned off the hook. If you listen to the fantastic interview 610 did with Kevin Seitzer Wednesday, you gain even more perspective into just how poor of a manager Yost is. Additionally, you can tell that Ned is the reason Seitzer was fired. I think Seitzer is/was a very good (perhaps great) hitting coach. I want him back and Ned gone.

Phog, I'd like to think you are right, but even with the media focusing on the sideshow of Ned's recent goofy comments (instead of questioning his in-game management), I think Yost has a much longer leash than that. Ned is one of Moore's old ATL buddies and GMDM will dismiss this recent slide as a young ballclub struggling to find their way. Short of a full-blown meltdown (say, 15 games under by the ASB), Ned's job in all likelihood is safe. And as Jessie stated, do we really want Dayton selecting another manager?

The very weird thing about this season is the most likely outcome (a marginal improvement in wins) is probably the one that hurts the Royals' chances of making the playoffs in the Hosmer window the most. Stay below 90 losses and Ned and GMDM will be back for 2014. Of course, I hope that the bats warm up significantly and that KC reaches 85 wins this year, on the way to a playoff appearance in '14. That just seems like a lower probability scenario than a win total in the 70s this season.

Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros - 05/23/13 02:18 PM

Well all excuses aside like the young ballclub one. I just think the man should go, he is a coach that will never take the blame. When did this slide start not soon before or after he tinkered with the lineup change. I liked it at first...but losing 12 out of 15 has proven it does not work. Go back to what seemed to work. They claimed to have had great expectations after that good spring exhibition season. Change it before its too late. Hey what is Tony La Russa doing these days...didnt he get his pro baseball start in KC....Well yes he did with the As...Bring him back to KC baby.