KU vs. Chicago State

Posted by: JQKS

KU vs. Chicago State - 05/12/07 10:24 AM

An article about the KU - Chicago State series and some other KU baseball notes is now posted at Rock Chalk Talk. Below is the link:

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/story/2007/5/12/112129/762

KU plays a double header today starting at 1PM, and a final game on Sunday, first pitch an early one at 11AM.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: KU vs. Chicago State - 05/12/07 03:52 PM

Are they playing just seven innings, or is there a mercy rule in place? I noticed both games were whippings but only lasted seven innings.
Posted by: queenv11

Re: KU vs. Chicago State - 05/12/07 07:38 PM

I can't get on KU website..what was the final score??
Thanks so much!

Re: KU vs. Chicago State - 05/12/07 09:33 PM

KU swept the two games today. 10-0 for the first game, and I think 8-2 in the second game. I'll have some information on Rock Chalk Talk soon.

KU sweeps series vs. Chicago State - 05/13/07 11:34 PM

KU took all four games this weekend vs. a pretty weak Chicago State club. I posted a recap at Rock Chalk Talk. Some pretty interesting reading regarding the horror story that is Chicago State's season. The Cougars leaves Lawrence with a 3-46 record. Reading about the state of their program can only make KU fans count our blessings.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/story/2007/5/14/02117/7563

Re: KU sweeps series vs. Chicago State - 05/14/07 08:25 AM

Wow ... that was good stuff man. Those Chicago State kids should be applauded for what they've done. To play every week knowing they'll get their teeth kicked in says a lot about their love for the game.

Re: KU sweeps series vs. Chicago State - 05/14/07 12:31 PM

Thanks Jaihaux, glad you like the blog. I'm with you on the Chicago State comments. Those players showed more character than their university this season. The guy I talked with, he has gone to see his son play all year. His parents put a lot of miles on thier car this season also. Nice to have support like that from your parents.

Re: KU sweeps series vs. Chicago State - 05/14/07 01:23 PM

Quote:

Thanks Jaihaux, glad you like the blog. I'm with you on the Chicago State comments. Those players showed more character than their university this season. The guy I talked with, he has gone to see his son play all year. His parents put a lot of miles on thier car this season also. Nice to have support like that from your parents.

I recall a time in my sophomore year in college. My parents went to see my brother play in central Iowa for a Friday evening soccer game. They immediately left around 8 p.m. to make the drive to Hesston for my game the next morning at 10. My brother's team pulled off a nice win, we lost 9-1. My dad was none too happy with me and my teammates, especially after we won the night before and played a great game.