Re: Royals Offense - 07/01/09 07:12 PM

here's a crazy idea:

at SS...#23 Zack Greinke
Posted by: JFish26

Re: Royals Offense - 07/01/09 07:15 PM

Quote:

here's a crazy idea:

at SS...#23 Zack Greinke

I have no doubt whatsoever that he would hit better than Pena and Hernandez.
Posted by: theno1kufan

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 12:29 AM

could he play SS 1 or 2 days a week and still pitch?
Posted by: tyler

Huh? - 07/02/09 12:38 AM

Did you know the Mendoza Line (.200 BA) has been renamed the "Royal's Gimmick 'All-Star' Line"? As in, if you hit above .200 you will be this year's mandatory representative of your Kansas City Royals.

(I realize Greinke will negate this rule this year)

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 09:44 AM

Quote:

could he play SS 1 or 2 days a week and still pitch?

Do you mean "could" in the "is he capable" sense or in the "would it ever happen" sense?

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 01:05 PM

yes
Posted by: gquinn225

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 01:25 PM

offensive.
Posted by: jnewell

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 01:40 PM

I went to two of the games in Houston. Greinke batted eighth in front of Meier one game. One Astros fan asked me why Hillman would do such a thing.

I told him that, legitimately, Greinke was a better hitter.

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 01:42 PM

Hope Hillman gets his managerial kicks in now...he's not long for the world of the employed.
Posted by: EastCoastJHawk

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 09:29 PM

Woo-HOO!!!11!!

Scored a run!

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 09:48 PM

24 runs in the last 10 games! Woot!
Posted by: gquinn225

Re: Royals Offense - 07/02/09 10:16 PM

My premature excitement (honestly, I knew it wouldn't last) that was April is long gone.

I no longer subscribe to mlbtv. Which, is, still, a wonderful product.

I know jfish was right, and knew all along that he would prove to be. I suppose I'm happy that I was able to have 3 weeks of baseball excitement in my life.

Hell, the way the Rockies have been playing, I may fully adopt them as my team this year. Would be the first change in official allegiance of my adult life. A possible sad day.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: Royals Offense - 07/03/09 09:18 AM

Quote:

Hope Hillman gets his managerial kicks in now...he's not long for the world of the employed.

Do you think Moore will can his first manager after two years?
Posted by: miltnewton21

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 01:19 AM

I don't know a whole lot about baseball, but I want to know this.

When there are runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, and Tony Pena Jr. is at bat, why don't we bunt?

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 01:22 AM

because TPJ couldnt bunt save his mother's life

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 09:25 AM

Because when you are down 5-0 in the 8th, you don't play for one or two runs. You have to try to get more than that.

The Royals probably should have pinch hit for TPJ (Teahan could have gone in to play 3rd, with Hernandez moving to short, or at the very least Brayan Pena could have pinch hit and gone in to third, once again moving Hernandez to short), but a bunt was definitely not the right call.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 09:40 AM

All this discussion of TPJ bunting is just baffling. You know why? Because we should not even be having this discussion because he should not be on the roster. That is all.
Posted by: miltnewton21

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 10:13 AM

Fair enough. I guess the better question is, why the [censored] didn't someone pinch hit? Mystifying.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 05:13 PM

Come back win tpday....almost fell out of my chair.....

Re: Royals Offense - 07/04/09 05:26 PM

didnt even watch, i gave up a week ago
Posted by: georgiahawk

Re: Royals Offense - 07/05/09 12:54 AM

Quote:

All this discussion of TPJ bunting is just baffling. You know why? Because we should not even be having this discussion because he should not be on the roster. That is all.

Pena, like every baseball player who plays competitively, should be able to put a bunt down when called upon. The Royals have a roster full that cannot do the most simple of tasks.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: Royals Offense - 07/05/09 08:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pena, like every baseball player who plays competitively, should be able to put a bunt down when called upon. The Royals have a roster full that cannot do the most simple of tasks.

And yet he can do it. Which is just another reason he does not belong on a MLB roster.