75 wins

Posted by: EastCoastJHawk

75 wins - 09/28/08 05:05 PM

Signs of improvement from the Royals organization....

Congrats. Hopefully they can get to .500 next year.
Posted by: Ryan2845

Re: 75 wins - 09/28/08 07:30 PM

Hey if Detriot loses tomorrow we won't finish last in the central!

signs of life at the end of the season at least.
Posted by: tyler

Re: 75 wins - 09/28/08 11:17 PM

It would be worth it just to see Ozzie's reaction if they lost to Detroit. I can only imagine.

O and I greatly dislike the south-side
Posted by: xapaktep

Re: 75 wins - 09/29/08 07:13 AM

.500 next year? I think they can get there. At least I hope they can.
Posted by: larryb

Re: 75 wins - 09/29/08 08:09 AM

Quote:

It would be worth it just to see Ozzie's reaction if they lost to Detroit. I can only imagine.

Looks as if today's game may be a rain out. Have fun playing a possible double header tomorrow or would they switch the tomorrows Twins game to Wednesday if need be?

Royals fans - I have been harsh on your team this year but in reality I think the Royals had a nice year. They competed well against the big boys and indeed are showing signs of improvement. Who knows, give them a year or two and they may pull a Rays.
Posted by: kugrad05

Re: 75 wins - 09/29/08 04:32 PM

I'm just happy the Royals didn't lose 100 this year... it's an improvement
Posted by: stevemize

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 07:39 AM

Didn't lose 100 last year either, they went 69-93. 75 wins is an improvement, but only by 6 games. I guess if we improve by 6 again next year we will be @ .500, which is where I hoped they would be nearer this year.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 09:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks as if today's game may be a rain out. Have fun playing a possible double header tomorrow or would they switch the tomorrows Twins game to Wednesday if need be?

Royals fans - I have been harsh on your team this year but in reality I think the Royals had a nice year. They competed well against the big boys and indeed are showing signs of improvement. Who knows, give them a year or two and they may pull a Rays.

Thanks Gutter.

Royals fans here were truly concerned with the thoughts of the fan of a historically "successful" franchise.
Posted by: digitalkookie

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 09:54 AM

over 10,000 wins, and only one of two major league clubs to reach that milestone. i'd say that is pretty "successful"
Posted by: pwhittemore

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 09:59 AM

The bet we had was the Royals would be 10 games within .500, kookie.
I only lost by one game. The Royals ended up around where I thought they would.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:02 AM

point being, you lost...

as many people have said, they did shows some signs of life, and that is a VERY good thing to see. imo, they will continue to improve, and may even go 10 games over .500 next year...perhaps we go double or nothing in some capacity??

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:16 AM

Quote:

over 10,000 wins, and only one of two major league clubs to reach that milestone. i'd say that is pretty "successful"

You gotta be kidding?
Please tell me that you aren't justifying the Scrubs are successful because they have averaged ~70 to 75 wins per year over their almost 140 year history?

Wow.

You are reaching. If that is the "stat" you are using to justify "successful" you deserve to be a Scrubs fan when they fall on their face in the post-season.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:24 AM

and what sort of criteria would you suggest to measure a club's success??

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:30 AM

Quote:

Be honest.

Before the recent (last 5 years) run, did you consider the Scrubs as "successful?"

I would define success as being able to win a WS more often then an average of once every 50+ years. But that's just me.

Or being able to make the WS once in the last 50. Sorry.

You guys did rack up a nice winning % back when there were only 5 to 6 teams to play. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider the Royals a successful franchise. I just find it ironic that Cubs fan are looking down on any franchise in any way (except maybe the Phillies) when the Cubs have defined "losers" and "futile" and "curse" etc, etc, etc. but now that you may have a chance this year you act like it's a great, "proud" franchise.

Please, give me a break.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:32 AM

Quote:

I thought most clubs measured success by Championships. I say this BTW as a Cubs and Royals fan...my teams don't have much to crow about.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I thought most clubs measured success by Championships. I say this BTW as a Cubs and Royals fan...my teams don't have much to crow about.

Would agree to this.

I actually used to like the Cubs as both of my college roommates were from Chicago and Cubs fans.

But after seeing what happened with the "rise of the Red Sox nation" (i.e. obnoxious bandwagon fans) and what is already happening with Cubs fans (before they have actually won squat), I am rooting against the Cubs.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:40 AM

i am being honest in saying no to your question in regards to success. they have been fcuking awful for years...decades even!! i am merely enjoying their recent successes as a life long fan...i think we could all agree that its nice to see the perennial loser come out on top every now and then (barring mizery and kstate of course). i, in no way, am looking down my nose at other franchises given the fact that i have been looking up at them for so long. like i said, its nice when you can actually celebrate the success (given it be recent, or continued) of a team you have essentially watched suck the pipe year in and year out...
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 10:55 AM

Oh I am reveling in having a team I follow in the post season for a change don't get me wrong I just think in the grand scheme of things I as a Cubs and Royals fan don't have much to brag about especially in the last 25 years. GO CUBS!

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 11:04 AM

digital - for the "TRUE" Cubs fans, I do wish you well.

Unfortunately, I think that will be only about 5 to 10% if they win it all this year. (I would say it's only 50% at best now, as stated before being a Cubs "fan" is more of a fad or the "in thing" than anything else). Again, I see a "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon part deux.

As far as success, your stat is still lame and there have been more than one post on here from the Cubs *cough* fans *cough* "looking down" on the Royals this year.

Thus, the irony.
Posted by: Hawklin

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 11:19 AM

I thought cookie switched to being a Cubs fan after the Royals let him down.

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 11:19 AM

ECJ...thanks, i just cant wait til tomorrow to get this post season started. i am hoping for the best, however, have been down this road before...

i completely understand your sentiments in terms of bandwagon fans, and how said fanbase evolves...its extremely fcuking annoying.

in terms of stats...well, one would be hard pressed to conjure up any legitimate numbers that would paint a rosey picture of the cubs successes over their history...cheers

Re: 75 wins - 09/30/08 11:21 AM

Quote:

I thought cookie switched to being a Cubs fan after the Royals let him down.

hawklin...i have not been a royals fan for years. i would rather see them succeed, however, that has not been the case for years as you and i both know