WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's

Posted by: SDakotaJayhawk

WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/10/08 09:13 PM

Kind of an old story but WSU soph SS Dusty Coleman was chosen by the A's in the 28th round. He planned all along to come back (his dad is a friend of mine) but after a great Cape Cod league season which he made the All Star team the A's offered him 2nd round money ($675,000) and he took it. From what I hear Stephenson was devastated. In Dusty's first game he got a hit right away, stole 2nd and ended up 2-4 and fielded all 6-7 grounders clean.
Posted by: JFish26

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/11/08 12:26 AM

Well, if I was Beane, I would care 0% about what he did the first game (or first 50 for that matter).
Posted by: jayhawks14

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/11/08 09:40 AM

Dusty is one hell of an athlete. I played him in Football, Basketball, and Baseball in high school. Best of luck to him, hope to see him succeed and make his way up to the majors.

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/11/08 11:11 AM

Dusty was maybe the best all around athletes in the history of the state...and a nice kid to boot.

Melhaaf got released. Kind of surprised. I'll bet he ends up making it though. Kickers have a way of hanging around.

BV beat O'G the other night. BV QB threw for 330.

Lincoln is THEE team right now. They whipped Roosy.

Hung out w/ Mike Miller a few times during his offseason this summer. Actually a pretty nice dude.

Also worked w/ a KU junior - Jack MacFarland.
Posted by: jayhawks14

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/11/08 06:34 PM

Quote:

Dusty was maybe the best all around athletes in the history of the state...and a nice kid to boot.

Melhaaf got released. Kind of surprised. I'll bet he ends up making it though. Kickers have a way of hanging around.

BV beat O'G the other night. BV QB threw for 330.

Lincoln is THEE team right now. They whipped Roosy.

Hung out w/ Mike Miller a few times during his offseason this summer. Actually a pretty nice dude.

Also worked w/ a KU junior - Jack MacFarland.

Yeah Dusty was one hell of an athlete. I saw Taylor got released I've been catching up with him a little bit since he got drafted.

I saw that Central almost beat BV after they beat OG... Looks like AA is finally wide open and isn't dominated by OG and Roosy anymore thank goodness.

Mike Miller huh what did you guys do?
Posted by: Born2Shock

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/12/08 09:00 AM

I really wish Coleman wouldve stuck around 1 more year. Learning to hit the curve at the collegiate level would have helped him out tremendously

Re: WSU sophmore SS signs w/ A's - 09/12/08 02:59 PM

True, Dusty needs help w/ the off speed stuff.

What did me and Miller do? Jag bombs. Alot of jag bombs.