The National League Sucks

Posted by: EastCoastJHawk

The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 09:53 PM

Proof?

1. 112-72 is the interleague record in favor of the AL (as of 11:00 pm EST, there are still some games in progress)
2. 11 out of the 14 AL teams have a record >.500 in interleague play
3. The Scrubs have the best team in the NL.

That is all.
Posted by: Hawklin

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 10:18 PM

The last-place Royals swept the series and improved the majors' best interleague record to 12-3. Kansas City has won 10 of 11, all against National League teams.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 10:19 PM

Quote:

The last-place Royals swept the series and improved the majors' best interleague record to 12-3. Kansas City has won 10 of 11, all against National League teams.

I hope they can carry that momentum next week in Baltimore and thereafter.

It would be nice to see them flirting with (better yet above) .500 in late July.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 10:43 PM

Out of last place!
Posted by: pwhittemore

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 10:57 PM

Yup. Eat our dust Cleveland.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/25/08 11:42 PM

take that Chief Wahoo! Go Royals!
Posted by: heycobo

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:30 AM

Quote:

I hope they can carry that momentum next week in Baltimore and thereafter.

It would be nice to see them flirting with (better yet above) .500 in late July.

screw baltimore, hopefully they can sweep the cards at home. they did it at busch, why not at the k? i'm loving hochevar as the 5th man in the rotation. 8 innings, 2 earned? yes please.
Posted by: digitalkookie

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 08:35 AM

royals suck

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 09:59 AM

Quote:

royals suck

Not of late.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

royals suck

Not of late.

won 5 in a row, 9 out of their last 10...okay, not bad, however, i will stand by my initial evaluation...

they suck...

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:55 AM

I think 9 out of 10 is far from sucking. If anybody sucks it is the entire NL.
Posted by: larryb

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:58 AM

So 10 games makes a season? What about the 10 in a row+ that they lost? Please, the Royals suck. Deal with it.
Posted by: BigTamale

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:59 AM

Maybe the Royals should've switched to the NL when they had the chance...the Brewers have seem to have benefited from that some what.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:59 AM

Ummm no did not say 10 games made a season. Digital said they suck and I said NOT OF LATE. Pay attention now I hate having to hold your hand on these things.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:00 AM

Quote:

Maybe the Royals should've switched to the NL when they had the chance...the Brewers have seem to have benefited from that some what.

They should have. No doubt about it.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:04 AM

AL 139-98 overall

NL 132-104 overall

yup, you pretty much nailed it, the entire NL sucks...get real

talk to me some time after the all star break when your beloved royals are 15 games behind and 15 below .500

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:13 AM

Your right the A.L. is 116-84 in head to head play and only five out of 16 N.L teams even have a winning record and two of those five by only 1 game. The Royals who "suck" so bad are 12-3 vs the N.L. Yep your right the N.L. is just kicking ass. Talk to me when your N.L. can even put up a fight against the sucky Royals.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:18 AM

your guys go 9-10 and sweep the cardinals and you're ready to crown them central league champs?? nice. i have already been through this with outbreakorn, and would offer you the same wager. your royals finish 12 over .500, or less than 20 games out of the AL central and i'll buy you a case of beer...deal???

talk to me when the AL rids itself of the DH and plays some proper baseball...to each their own

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:27 AM

Ummm did I say anything about being Central champs...No. I was reacting specifically to your the Royals suck post. Pretty easy bet for you btw. The Royals are going to have a lot harder time finishing .500 in the A.L. because it is a tougher division top to bottom. History shows that the Royals play better in the N.L. and there is a reason for that. They are one built like a N.L. team and two the N.L. is weaker as a whole right now. A more proper bet would have been the Royals record vs the N.L. made at the beginning of the season since that is what the argument centers around.

Now as far as the DH goes. I am thinking at this point after what 30+ years the DH is a part of and proper baseball. That is a pretty weak argument anymore. Oh and one last thing.....I don't drink beer.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:29 AM

Quote:

Ummm no did not say 10 games made a season. Digital said they suck and I said NOT OF LATE. Pay attention now I hate having to hold your hand on these things.

Alright - Yes, the Royals don't suck as of late. Like you said, as of the last ten games. I said give me the 12 in a row they lost and they sucked 16 inch softballs during that run. I should have realized we were only talking about the last ten games. I suppose I should have just said congrats on the Royals winning 9 of 10 and not sucking as of late. Congrats!

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Alright - Yes, the Royals don't suck as of late. Like you said, as of the last ten games. I said give me the 12 in a row they lost and they sucked 16 inch softballs during that run. I should have realized we were only talking about the last ten games. I suppose I should have just said congrats on the Royals winning 9 of 10 and not sucking as of late. Congrats!

16 inch softballs...generous. I call them both ways. They do not suck of late but during that 12 game losing streak they DID SUCK and I am not sure they could have beat my beer lg. team.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:43 AM

it's actually 10 of their last 11. the nl sucks. they will likely get swept or win only one game in the world series yet again. it's easy for gutter to run his mouth now with his cubs tearing it up. wait until september or october and see if he's still around.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:46 AM

jayhawk01...if you can come up with another wager you would like to offer in regards to your royals, i would be more than happy to listen...

and, as i said, to each their own...i am not, nor have i ever been a proponent of the DH.

one more thing...i am with gutter on this one...conrgatulations are in order for winning your 10 game season. dont get me wrong, i grew up in KS and a royals fan, however, after years of less than mediocrity, wasted talent, horrendous trades, etc, etc i had to move on...just sayin'

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:49 AM

Where do you get this ten game season Sh*t? Whoever said it was a ten game season? Show me the post where that was said. I think I have made it pretty clear I have said THEY DO NOT SUCK AS OF LATE.

To your Royals fan moving on stuff...not buying. Sorry true fans are thick and thin, good or bad. I have rooted for the same teams in every sport since about 6 years old good, bad, or otherwise.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:58 AM

Quote:

Where do you get this ten game season Sh*t? Whoever said it was a ten game season? Show me the post where that was said. I think I have made it pretty clear I have said THEY DO NOT SUCK AS OF LATE.

To your Royals fan moving on stuff...not buying. Sorry true fans are thick and thin, good or bad. I have rooted for the same teams in every sport since about 6 years old good, bad, or otherwise.

okay, okay...looking back, it was merely alluded to that the royals were champs of the 10 game season...actually it was the 9-10 comment. i agree they have not sucked as of late, however, plenty of ball to be played.

you dont have to buy my childhood loyalty to the royals...not trying to sell it...merely stating facts. if you wanna talk about sticking with a team thorugh thick and thin, i have been a cubs fan since i could breath!!!!! and, as i am sure you are well aware of, there has been ALOT more thin as opposed to thick...

think of another wager??? dont drink at all, or just no beer??

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:59 AM

Quote:

it's actually 10 of their last 11. the nl sucks. they will likely get swept or win only one game in the world series yet again. it's easy for gutter to run his mouth now with his cubs tearing it up. wait until september or october and see if he's still around.

Couple things - The Cubs are the best team in Baseball right now. Probably won't be by the end of the year but it's no different than a KU fan running their mouth in January when things are going well. I assure you I will be around whether it's the Cubs or the Sox in the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Cubs. Not too sure what you mean by the NL will get swept or win only one game in the WS yet again. Meaning last year? In the last 5 years I watched the Cards beat the Tigers 4-1 and the freaking Florida Fish beat the mighty Yankees 4-2. I can and will agree that the NL is weaker than the AL but the Fresno State Bulldogs were weaker than 82 other teams just a month ago.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Couple things - The Cubs are the best team in Baseball right now. Probably won't be by the end of the year but it's no different than a KU fan running their mouth in January when things are going well. I assure you I will be around whether it's the Cubs or the Sox in the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Cubs. Not too sure what you mean by the NL will get swept or win only one game in the WS yet again. Meaning last year? In the last 5 years I watched the Cards beat the Tigers 4-1 and the freaking Florida Fish beat the mighty Yankees 4-2. I can and will agree that the NL is weaker than the AL but the Fresno State Bulldogs were weaker than 82 other teams just a month ago.

+1

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

okay, okay...looking back, it was merely alluded to that the royals were champs of the 10 game season...actually it was the 9-10 comment. i agree they have not sucked as of late, however, plenty of ball to be played.

you dont have to buy my childhood loyalty to the royals...not trying to sell it...merely stating facts. if you wanna talk about sticking with a team thorugh thick and thin, i have been a cubs fan since i could breath!!!!! and, as i am sure you are well aware of, there has been ALOT more thin as opposed to thick...

The irony is that as a lifelong Royals fan am a Cubs fan too. Became one after my first visit to Wrigley. If the Royals and Cubs go head to head I root for the Royals no question but the Cubbies are my N.L. team.

No wager as of yet...I will see what I can come up with and no I don't drink at all. Long story...family history stuff.....just choose not too. I have nothing against those that do and in fact have bought many rounds for my pals.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:06 PM

fair enough 01...let me know if and when you have a juicy offer to throw on the table

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:21 PM

Where did I see somewhere that apart from the Royals having the best Interleague record in baseball that they have the worst intraleague record?

Royals:
12-3 v. NL
24-40 v. AL

Since then, I think Seattle has the worst AL record.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:28 PM

Following the little debate here...

The Royals are playing hot right now, I think A LOT of that has to do with the fact that they are playing the NL West (save for the Dodgers). NL west is the least of the 3.

However, one could argue that they looked good against St. Louis and Florida as well.

My hope is that they can take this pretty good pitching and hitting (especially the homeruns of late) momentum to the All-Star break.

I would just like to see the Royals around the .500 mark...is that too much to ask for?

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 12:29 PM

way too much to ask for...once they go back to playing within their division, the sucking shall resume...

8-9 leading up to the all-star break....AT BEST

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 01:15 PM

I'll bet that they finish within 10 games of .500.
Case of beer. Who's taking under?

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 01:59 PM

Quote:

you're saying royals finish 76-86...or better?? for a case of beer...i'm in...book it!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 03:23 PM

Just worry about the Flubbies. They are getting their azzes handed to them today. No good!

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 03:25 PM

Quote:

Just worry about the Flubbies. They are getting their azzes handed to them today. No good!

good god 8-0 in the 6th...WTF??!!??

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 03:27 PM

Marquis got lit up big time. I thought maybe he was coming around. I thought wrong.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 03:30 PM

Quote:

Marquis got lit up big time. I thought maybe he was coming around. I thought wrong.

i was sorta thinking the same...have pretty much lost faith in him to be honest. lilly could go either way with each start as well...never know, although he looked pretty good last night
Posted by: kugrad05

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 03:47 PM

Quote:

Following the little debate here...

The Royals are playing hot right now, I think A LOT of that has to do with the fact that they are playing the NL West (save for the Dodgers). NL west is the least of the 3.

However, one could argue that they looked good against St. Louis and Florida as well.

My hope is that they can take this pretty good pitching and hitting (especially the homeruns of late) momentum to the All-Star break.

I would just like to see the Royals around the .500 mark...is that too much to ask for?

In recent years, yes that is too much to ask from the Royals

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 05:08 PM

Quote:

i'd take under 10.5
Posted by: wbhawk

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 06:19 PM

Quote:

AL 139-98 overall

NL 132-104 overall

yup, you pretty much nailed it, the entire NL sucks...get real

talk to me some time after the all star break when your beloved royals are 15 games behind and 15 below .500

yes the NL does suck... NL has 16 teams to the AL's 14 and you have 7 less wins

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 10:37 PM

Quote:

dont get me wrong, i grew up in KS and a royals fan, however, after years of less than mediocrity, wasted talent, horrendous trades, etc, etc i had to move on...just sayin'

At least you can admit to being a pansy fair weather fan.

Doesnt make sense you traded it for one of the most storied losing organizations in sports, but is still big of you to admit. Its the cool thing to do.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/26/08 11:20 PM

I can't buy you all cases.
Cobo, i'm in with Digital this year.
A few years from now, when the NBA draft comes calling for KSU players, one of us will owe big.
Posted by: jammahawk

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 06:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

As a Royals fan, I was somewhat in agreement with you that the fan base is giddy over the success from the past couple of weeks. You have to cut us a little slack, reaasons for Royals fans to celebrate have been very rare over recent years.
Also, it's a hard to take it from a Cubs fan. They may or may not do it this year. If they don't, that won't exactly be a rarity for the Cubs, afterall it's been nearly 100 years since they have won it all.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 08:11 AM

Anyone notice what the AL teams did to the NL teams yesterday?

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 08:19 AM

Quote:

you mean the part about houston being the only team out of nine NL teams to win a game?? yeah, i noticed that

headed to the southside this weekend gutter?? good morning by the way...

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 08:35 AM

Good Morning! May make it out tomorrow. It's a bitch to get there without a car. May have to borrow my mother's. How about you?

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 08:44 AM

highly unlikely...bbq's and the like, have some friends in from out west...should be a doozie...

you have an aversion to taking the red line??

enjoy your weekend regardless...dont forget to take pictures of your exploits to share with the board...hahahaha. lets get together soon and watch some ponies...cheers

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 08:53 AM

Quote:

Yes they once again showed that this year the Junior circuit is far stronger...kind of like some of us "sucky" Royals fans were arguing yesterday. What was that phrase you threw out at me yesterday like it was some debate ending magic words? Oh yes I remember now....DEAL WITH IT.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 09:08 AM

Quote:

highly unlikely...bbq's and the like, have some friends in from out west...should be a doozie...

you have an aversion to taking the red line??

enjoy your weekend regardless...dont forget to take pictures of your exploits to share with the board...hahahaha. lets get together soon and watch some ponies...cheers

Red Line doesn't run underground on the weekends during construction. Kind of blows. Have a good weekend! If I don't end up at the cell and it's a crappy day, I will be at the OTB tomorrow.

01 - I am a Cubs fan and a Sox fan. I have had to DEAL WITH IT for 40 of my 41 years. Didn't mean any ill will towrads you. Great, the AL dominated the NL yesterday and is the better league. The AFC was better than the NFC and the Giants won. The Western Conference was better than the Eastern conference and the Celtics won. Not sure why I should care the the AL is better than the NL?

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 09:14 AM

I don't care one way or the other if you care....was just throwing a bit of your own back at you. No ill will intended here either. It is just sports smack talk.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 09:17 AM

ahhhh yes, how could i forget about the fcucking construction...my stop (clark/div) is closed every bloody weekend...it does blow!!!

maybe i'll swing by the OTB and see if you're lurkin' around there...have a good one...cheers

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 09:52 AM

Quote:

So 10 games makes a season? What about the 10 in a row+ that they lost? Please, the Royals suck. Deal with it.

"Just a reminder fans about Die Hard Night coming up at Wrigley Field. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Cubs won a pennant!"

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 10:49 AM

Funny! Ha ha. See, unlike the Royals - the Cubs don't need to have gimmick nights to get fans to come to the park. Cubs fans support their team through thick and thin. Not saying it's a smart thing but they still do it. Hey, the Cubs very well may lose 10 in a row at some point this year. Sh*t happens. When the Cubs are below .500 this season I will say they suck. If the Royals finish 10 games below .500 it will be a good season. Like I said, the Royals suck - THIS YEAR.
Posted by: Jphog

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 12:16 PM

I for one am looking forward to....

Cubs 1908 hat for the first 10,000 fans!

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 04:22 PM

Look forward to the FLUCKING FLUBBIES to be out of first by August 1st. Their starting pitching is in trouble. Losing 8-0 right now to the Caucasian Sox. BLOOP!

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 05:16 PM

Quote:

Look forward to the FLUCKING FLUBBIES to be out of first by August 1st. Their starting pitching is in trouble. Losing 8-0 right now to the Caucasian Sox. BLOOP!

9-3...bottom 7th...not saying they are gonna win this game, however, me thinks they'll win the weekend...pitching will improve...give them til the end of august...

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 10:00 PM

Chi Sox and KC looked pretty good tonight.

Dont worry Gutter, the Flubbies are gonna come out of hybernation this weekend and fatten up on the NL West in the coming weeks.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 10:01 PM

Royals are the only thing keeping the Cubs on top.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/27/08 10:08 PM

Quote:

Funny! Ha ha. See, unlike the Royals - the Cubs don't need to have gimmick nights to get fans to come to the park. Cubs fans support their team through thick and thin. Not saying it's a smart thing but they still do it. Hey, the Cubs very well may lose 10 in a row at some point this year. Sh*t happens. When the Cubs are below .500 this season I will say they suck. If the Royals finish 10 games below .500 it will be a good season. Like I said, the Royals suck - THIS YEAR.

Who said the Royals were good? Yeah, I know the Royals suck ... although they sure are beating the bejesus out of that league the Cubs are dominating.

Just wait 'til next year ...

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 09:52 AM

Quote:

The Cubs don't need a gimmick????? Sorry but the franchise is one big gimmick. Everytime I've been to Wrigley, the stadium is half full of tourists, who have very little interest in watching the game, only wanting to go so they can say they have been.
Remember 1969.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 10:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The Cubs don't need a gimmick????? Sorry but the franchise is one big gimmick. Everytime I've been to Wrigley, the stadium is half full of tourists, who have very little interest in watching the game, only wanting to go so they can say they have been.
Remember 1969.

No no no... you got it all wrong.

The bleacher party, the rooftop decks, the bars, the Trixies in pink cubs shirts, the celebrity "take me out to the ball game"... its all about the sport. The fans go to games to support the team 100%. Purest fans.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 09:20 PM

OK, let's correct some misconceptions:

1. The National League Sucks

2. The Royals are doing well because they have been playing the National League, IMHO. I think once they go back to AL play, they will not look as impressive, again my opinion.

3. Gutter, you are really saying that Scrubs fans are "true" fans, sticking with the team thru thick and thin? Give me an effin break. Cubs attendance was just as bad as any of them prior to '84, the year when they choked big-time and the whole curse, lovable losers, going to Wrigley to "be a true fan" and support the team "no matter what" became the "in" thing to do.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 09:24 PM

Is finishing 7th (out of 12) in NL attendence a sign of "great fans?"

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 10:31 PM

In fairness, Wrigley is small compared to other stadiums. Perhaps capacity percentage would be a fairer comparison.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 10:50 PM

Quote:

In fairness, Wrigley is small compared to other stadiums. Perhaps capacity percentage would be a fairer comparison.

Fair enough........

But why was the annual attendance about 1.3 million then and has more than doubled now? Wrigley's renovations haven't increased seating capacity that much

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/28/08 11:44 PM

Don't get me wrong, I actually side with what you're saying. Cubs fans are no different than any other.

Well, I don't recall most teams harrassing and threatening an innocent fan so badly that he essentially joined the witness protection program (Bartman).

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 07:46 AM

jamma - Half full of tourists? OK. Even if it was true that means 20,000 people from out of town like the Cubs or have a desire to go to Wrigley Field. I guess that means the franchise has done something right.

hawklin - It's all about having a good time. Not sure why and how people fault the Cubs or the Cubs fans for packing the park and having a good time. Please don't tell me that on saturday nights the Sox choose to have fireworks night NOT to bring in more fans. Please don't tell me the sundays where kids get to run the bases after the game doesn't bring in more fans. Please don't tell me any of the "gimmick" days and nights are not to try and bring more people in to the Cell - and have a good time.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws#April

No one (at least I haven't) has said that the Cubs have the "purest" fans. They do rank up there in being the most most loyal.

East Coast - National League Sucks. If that's what you and others believe, don't let me stand in your way. The Royals would be the best team in baseball if they only played National League teams. Right? WRONG!!! They had a very impressive showing during interleague play. I can give them that. I can't give them that they would be much better than a .500 team in the NL.

As far as Cubs fans, I am sorry I didn't go back more than 24 years. I will say in the past 24 years the Cubs sure as heck have drawn fans and a very loyal following.

jaihaux - Thank you for having a clue. The Cubs percentage wise have one of the best if not the best attandance figures in the NL and possibly all of baseball.

To all - You will be happy to know that I can aknowledge the Cubs may be done. They proved the last two weeks that they are in trouble. They have bad pitching and lack players with natural posistions. Injuries are multiplying. They have been brought back down to earth. The White Sox exposed all their weeknesses over the weekend. The White Sox are a superior team to the Cubs and people are just starting to wake up and realize it.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 09:32 AM

what a shite weekend for the chubs...ouch

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 09:40 AM

kookie - Good chance it' going to be like that for a while. If Zambrano keeps having shoulder problems and Dempster and Wood have inevitable break downs to go with Marmol's mental problems, the Cubs are in deep doo doo. Lou might as well have put us in the field on Friday and Saturday. The Flubs have 7-8 guys who don't play their natural posistions to go along with a slew of injuries. Ramierez is off for 3 or 4 days now. Bottom line is we all knew the Cubs were not going to continue at the same pace but the past two weeks minus last weekend has proved the Cubs to be vulnerable.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 09:45 AM

inevitable reality, unfortunately...not that this is anything new though...same [censored], different year

good god, i have been down this road so many times...

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 09:56 AM

Quote:

East Coast - National League Sucks. If that's what you and others believe, don't let me stand in your way. The Royals would be the best team in baseball if they only played National League teams. Right? WRONG!!! They had a very impressive showing during interleague play. I can give them that. I can't give them that they would be much better than a .500 team in the NL.

As far as Cubs fans, I am sorry I didn't go back more than 24 years. I will say in the past 24 years the Cubs sure as heck have drawn fans and a very loyal following.

jaihaux - Thank you for having a clue. The Cubs percentage wise have one of the best if not the best attandance figures in the NL and possibly all of baseball.

The National League is inferior to the American League and has been for a few years now, I don't know why people thinking this is a shock to you. Considering the Interleague Play has decidedly been in favor of the AL for years now is common knowledge.

As far as your comment towards me re: the Royals in the NL? Show me where I said they would win the NL, or even make the NL playoffs.........until then...quiet yourself.

As far as the "fans" attendance, Percent of seats filled etc. I do agree %-wise the Scrubs have had very good attendance for the last 20 to 25 years. But again, I date that back to the '84 Chokejob and subsequent mass publicity of the curse, Lovable Losers tag, etc developed into where being a Scrubs fan was the "in" thing to do. Again, Wrigley didn't double in size in the last 20 years, what did they do add about a grand total of 1,000 seats?

See the number of people in the "Red Sox Nation" pre-2004 and post-2004. Being a Red Sox fan is the "in" thing right now. Difference here is that the Red Sox actually won something.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 10:09 AM

Respectfully....

I can and will agree that the NL has been inferior to the AL but sucks is a strong word. If we wanted to go use interleague play and the All-Star game as indicators there is no doubt the AL is superior to the NL. In this century the AL leads the NL 4-3 in World Series Championships.

The comment I made that you felt was towards you, was not meant to be made towards you. There are several people on here who no doubt believe the Royals would contend for a division in the NL. I don't believe that to be true but I guess we will never know - at least this year.

As far as the attendance and what you said. Very true. 25 years ago it was not "trendy" to be a Cubs fan and many current young Cubs fans were not even born in Chicago. I don't care for the way Wrigley has become a singles bar and miss the old days when I could show up to a game, buy a ticket, and sit with the old timers who really knew and cared about the game and the team.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 10:15 AM

so true!!! my first game at wrigley cost $6 for a bleacher seat...long gone are those days...sad really
Posted by: ClintNormore

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 10:43 AM

St. Louis won series against both Boston and Tampa Bay. That's probably about the best thing the NL can hang its hat on.

The AL Central has mopped up on the NL. No question about it.

Re: The National League Sucks - 06/30/08 09:53 PM

Quote:

inevitable reality, unfortunately...not that this is anything new though...same [censored], different year

good god, i have been down this road so many times...

Shouldnt you change teams then?

Re: The National League Sucks - 07/01/08 07:05 PM

Quote:

jamma - Half full of tourists? OK. Even if it was true that means 20,000 people from out of town like the Cubs or have a desire to go to Wrigley Field. I guess that means the franchise has done something right.

hawklin - It's all about having a good time. Not sure why and how people fault the Cubs or the Cubs fans for packing the park and having a good time. Please don't tell me that on saturday nights the Sox choose to have fireworks night NOT to bring in more fans. Please don't tell me the sundays where kids get to run the bases after the game doesn't bring in more fans. Please don't tell me any of the "gimmick" days and nights are not to try and bring more people in to the Cell - and have a good time.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws#April

No one (at least I haven't) has said that the Cubs have the "purest" fans. They do rank up there in being the most most loyal.

To all - You will be happy to know that I can aknowledge the Cubs may be done. They proved the last two weeks that they are in trouble. They have bad pitching and lack players with natural posistions. Injuries are multiplying. They have been brought back down to earth. The White Sox exposed all their weeknesses over the weekend. The White Sox are a superior team to the Cubs and people are just starting to wake up and realize it.

OK, half full of tourists is an exaggeration, but only to express my point. The franchise propably reals in more of a tourist crowd than any other franchise.
I stand by my comment that the franchise is one big gimmick, they may not use fireworks to lure them in, but they continue to play a large day game schedule just to set themselves apart. Sounds like a gimmick to me.
BTW, I'm all for gimmicks, I'm not such a snob purist that I don't enjoy a good fireworks show, hell, I wish my wife and I could get on kiss cam.
Royals games and other franchises are indeed full of gimmicks/marketing, don't pretend the Cubs aren't doing it also. Nothing wrong with it.