Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread

Posted by: jdavis34

Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/22/07 03:07 AM

Beckett vs. Francis - Wednesday 8:27 EST start @ Fenway

No word on the rest of the rotation as the Red Sox work out who starts where.
Posted by: CrimsonNBlue

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/22/07 07:29 AM

i think it would make the most sense to keep the rotation the same. schilling, dice-K, wakefield/beckett

does j ellsbury start at CF over coco? seems like the hotter bat as of late
Posted by: Zhawk06

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/22/07 10:40 AM

Have fun talking to yourself...

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/22/07 06:31 PM

There are Rockies fans on this board. The Indians thread got lots of posts with one Indians fan.

BTW, this is really biased: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj...p&type=lgns
Posted by: Zhawk06

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 09:11 AM

I'm an Indians fan through and through.

I quit reading when I looked and it said "J.D. Drew...EVEN"

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 11:35 AM

lol yeah, Hawpe is like leagues better than Drew. I was like..WHAT THE HELL? I'd even say Youkilis and Helton are even. Pedroia didnt drive a run in the ALCS until Game 7...SS is definetely won by CO. 3rd base is even. V-tek doesn't come up in the clutch very often and their catcher has been awesome so far... I guess Tek wins bc of past postseason experience and how valuable he is to the pitching staff...Manny wins in the OF, but Holliday has been great, too. Not too sure about center field going to the Rockies. Jacoby can play great defense and Coco will prolly start a few games as well. *shrug*... I already discussed right field

DH-obv. the Sox. PItching, havent even heard most of their starters before they got good...Sox again. Relief, best bullpen in baseball goes to the Sox. Sox bench is nice, but I don't see it coming into play.

We'll see about the managers...Whether who starts in center, how the rotation is managed, extra for the Sox.

I think it goes 6-7 games.
Posted by: gquinn225

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 11:56 AM

V-tek doesn't come up in the clutch very often and their catcher has been awesome so far...

Torrealba...come on, homer.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:00 PM

You want me to spell that?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:02 PM

You might want to learn it, he's had a better than decent post season thus far.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:03 PM

Did I say he had a decent postseason? No, I said he has had an awesome one. Which is why I was second guessing that guy saying Tek won the catcher position.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:04 PM

You know so much about him that you can't write out his name? pfffft. I'm calling bullshit.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:24 PM

Okay Quinn, whatevva you say.

Papelbon's dance should be more popular than Soulja Boy

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:26 PM

I liked that. Thanks.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 12:30 PM

The guy that came and danced with him is one of the guys from Dropkick Murphys.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 02:06 PM

Colorado's Governor Bill Ritter is betting a box of steaks that the Rockies will defeat the Red Sox and win the team's first baseball championship.

Ritter plans to discuss the wager this afternoon in a telephone call with Governor Deval Patrick, whose staff has not yet announced what New England delicacy will be bet on Boston.

The Colorado meat includes beef from state Representative Kathleen Curry's Tomichi Creek Ranch in Gunnison and organic buffalo steaks from the Maverick Ranch. Not that Ritter expects to ship anything to Massachusetts.

"The governor is very confident that the hottest team in baseball will do just fine in the World Series," said spokesman Evan Dreyer.

The hottest team in baseball is the Rockies, Dreyer added, having won 21 of their last 22 games. Not the Red Sox, which outscored the Cleveland Indians 30 to 5 in the last three games of the American League Championship Series.

US Senators Edward M. Kennedy and John F. Kerry of Massachusetts made their own wager with their colleagues from Colorado, betting New England clam chowder and lobster rolls that the Red Sox will win their second World Series in three years.

Colorado's US senators, Wayne Allard and Ken Salazar, met the wager with Colorado-raised beef. The losing senators have agreed to donate the winning food to charity.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 02:07 PM

Message from Curt Schilling on his blog:

Congratulations to Josh Beckett, 2007 ALCS MVP. I don’t doubt for a second that we don’t get here if he doesn’t clutch up with arguably the most dominating post season start in my lifetime. So many guys came up huge but the awesome part of this was that I don’t think at any time after game 4 did we think about the deficit as anything other than a number.

After game 4 it got very easy in the sense that there was zero gray area, it was win or go home. That’s not to make it sound trivial but game 5 was truly the first time this entire season when we had our backs to the wall for real, and the team responded as a championship team has to, and will.

Josh comes out throwing 125 in the first and Youk jump starts us with a bomb. Game 5 we took a mentality of one pitch, one out, one inning at a time and ran with it. The exact same thing we said from game 4 of the ALCS in 2004 on through. It’s one thing to say it, but another to actually put it in play. The guys did that and that’s as big a reason as any we ended up winning 3 straight. I also know that the last three games created some chemistry that only win or go home games can create. We embraced it and ran with it.

Congratulations to the Cleveland Indians. Say what you want but that’s a hell of a team with a hell of a future. The core of the team is incredibly young and talented and I would imagine they’ll be participating in many more October games over the next 5-10 years. Even though their big two had games they’d like to replay, those kids are going to be fine. They’ll learn from this and get better. I know CC a bit and he’s a kid that gets it and respects the game, he’s on the path that if he can stay healthy will most likely end up with a plaque in Cooperstown. Jake pitched an absolutely gutsy game last night. It will get lost in the shuffle but to finish with the linescore he did after the pressure we put him in those first 3 innings was nothing short of awesome. Carmona already proved from 2006 to 2007 that he knows how to learn and I don’t doubt for a second that he’ll be a force in this league for years to come.

It was a hell of a series that felt every bit the heavyweight fight it appeared. No one budged and the scores will NOT reflect the intensity and closeness of the games or the series. I thought it was pretty cool that what I thought were the two best teams in the AL both made it to the ALCS and gave fans a series worthy of crowning a league champion.

Now we move on to the last dance against a team that’s basically lost 1 game in the past month. Some people are already crowing about the NL being the ‘little sister’ to the AL but I can assure you every one of us knows that this is going to be a hell of a series. I think, like pretty much every other World Series, it will come down to starting pitching and who gets the most out of their guys. Both teams can hit so the team that executes it’s game plan from the mound I think will be the first team to 4 wins over the next 10 days. None of us have forgotten the 3 games we matched up with them earlier this year and the offensive whipping they gave us in 2 of those games.

Hats off to Sox nation as well. Fenway was absolutely electric for games 6 and 7. It was night and day from games 1 and 2 and every one of us noticed. There can be no doubts going ahead how important Fenway and home field advantage is for us when the city of Boston is worked up.

Congratulations to Terry Francona as well. In a city that features armchair QB’ing and media second guessing as legitimate paid professions, he stayed true to himself and true to us as players and managed his ass off. I still think he’s the most underrated manager in baseball. Sticking to your guns is hard enough, but in a town where the home team is pretty much second only to catholicism doing so is even harder. We won because he made the moves he had to make, and because he trusts us to do what we’re supposed to do when it matters most.

A few random observations. The Red Sox in me is happy Joe Torre is no longer in charge in NY. The person in me wonders how does a guy who obviously has the respect and loyalty of his entire roster, a guy who’s taken his team to 12 straight post seasons, a guy who exudes class and respect, how does he, in the midst of what might have been his most challenging and defining season and post season, not only have to manage his team in a best of 5 win or go home series, but also answer a billion questions about being basically told ‘win or you’re out’? How did it come to that? I have never had a chance to get to know Mr Torre beyond handshakes of congratulations or hellos, but I have never heard a player on his team utter anything but respect for the guy. Much like Boston, managing a 175m+ roster of super star players, in that market, with a hack to writer ratio bordering on 100-1, how does he basically win pretty much every year, get to the post season and get an ultimatum at THAT point in the season? I have always thought very highly of Mr Steinbrenner as well, anyone that pours that much of himself into his team, is that dedicated to his teams fans is ok by me and I would think ok by pretty much anyone that plays for him since he never makes issue with paying the huge salaries players make these days but only adds the caveat of “Just win a World Series”. I don’t think players have ever had problems with owners like that.

Then he gets ‘offered’ a pay cut with strings? That sucks. Was very cool to see the mass of Yankee fans at the “keep Joe” rally though. Amazing how that loyalty card plays out in the public eye and through the media when the shoes on the other foot. Managers don’t win ballgames, players do, and I think you’d be surprised to know how bad we feel when managers we care about get fired because we know, if we have one ounce of integrity, that our failures as players are, most times, what gets a manager fired.

Terry Francona is a genius since he arrived in Boston? Having been on his team the first day he managed in the big leagues through today I’ll tell you up front that he is not much different. He does suck much more at cribbage now than he ever did and his fantasy teams continue to suck as well, but as a manager he’s not really different. I think the interim jobs he had in Cleveland and Oakland showed him the inner workings of baseball front offices more and helped him in some areas but in the clubhouse, dugout, and on the field he’s pretty much the same non-jersey wearing guy he was in Philly, he just has a front office comprised entirely of people that understand winning games on the field matters more than anything else. The ‘know it alls’ in Philadelphia, from Conlin to Cataldi to Macnow, aren’t really know it alls are they? Their people who’s life it is, who’s entire job description, revolves around creating news or stories where there is none, to make you think their ‘in’ and you’re not, and if you want to truly know or get smarter, listen to them. Pretty cool when you can be wrong pretty much 90% of the time and still be considered an expert.

Wonder how smart Tito looks to the guys that hacked him in Philly now? 3 post seasons, 2 world series appearances in 4 years here. Nice to know he gets that last laugh.

Starting Wednesday it’s on.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 02:07 PM

Wonder if Ritter can get tickets? PFFFFFFT.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 02:52 PM

Time Wakefield is off the roster.. his should is too messed up.Looks like Lester will start game four.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 04:24 PM

BOSTON -- Ed Montague, known for his calm demeanor and consistent strike zone, will serve as the crew chief for the World Series. It is the fourth time he's drawn the umpiring assignment.

The six-man crew announced Tuesday includes three umpires working their first Series: Ted Barrett, Laz Diaz and Mike Everitt. Chuck Meriwether and Mike Reilly complete the crew.

Montague will be behind the plate Wednesday night when the Colorado Rockies play the Boston Red Sox in Game 1 at Fenway Park. Montague was last the Series crew chief in 2004, when the Red Sox won the championship.

Diaz will be at first base, Barrett at second, Meriwether at third, Everitt in left field and Reilly in right for the opener.

All six umpires called games during the first round of the playoffs this month. Montague also worked the NL wild-card tiebreaker between the Rockies and San Diego Padres.

This will be the sixth Series and 21st postseason assignment overall for Montague, in his 32nd year as a major-league umpire. He comes from a baseball family -- his father, Ed, was an infielder for the Cleveland Indians in a career that began in 1928 and lasted through 1932 and then was a scout for the San Francisco Giants for 40 years.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/23/07 05:25 PM

BOSTON (AP) — Sounds like a baseball flip-flop. Rudy Giuliani, a lifelong New York Yankees fan, said Tuesday he's pulling for their most hated rivals, the Boston Red Sox, to win the World Series over the Colorado Rockies.

"I'm rooting for the Red Sox," the Republican presidential contender said in response to a question, sparking applause at the Boston restaurant where he was picking up a local endorsement.

"I'm an American League fan, and I go with the American League team, maybe with the exception of the Mets," he said. "Maybe that would be the one time I wouldn't because I'm loyal to New York."

Giuliani's Yankees lost in the first round of the playoffs, then lost their manager when Giuliani's friend, Joe Torre, refused to accept a pay cut and walked away. Giuliani said the Yankees had "a great season."

The former New York mayor said his declaration of temporary Red Sox loyalty was "not just because I'm here in Massachusetts."

"In Colorado, in the next week or two, you will see, I will have the courage to tell the people of Colorado the same thing, that I am rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series," he said.

Indeed, if Giuliani was pandering, he miscalculated.

In the last presidential election, Colorado went with Republican President Bush, and recent history shows Massachusetts voters would sooner adopt Manhattan clam chowder as the state's official food than vote Republican in 2008.

Of course, just to the north is New Hampshire — home to many Red Sox fans — and the nation's first primary.
Posted by: TheWrightStuff30

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 06:24 PM

The lineups are out for Game 1 of the World Series...

Red Sox

1. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Manny Ramirez, LF
5. Mike Lowell, 3B
6. Jason Varitek, C
7. J.D. Drew, RF
8. Julio Lugo, SS
9. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF

SP - Josh Beckett

Rockies

1. Willy Taveras, CF
2. Kaz Matsui, 2B
3. Matt Holliday, LF
4. Todd Helton, 1B
5. Garrett Atkins, 3B
6. Brad Hawpe, RF
7. Troy Tulowitzki, SS
8. Yorvit Torrealba, C
9. Ryan Spilborghs, DH

SP - Jeff Francis

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 07:45 PM

Rockies=little least team against beckett

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 07:48 PM

Pedroia = baller

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 07:49 PM

Quote:

Rockies=little least team against beckett

Could be...but Rockies beat him in regular season...different time, different place, I know...

Not a good start here for the Rockies.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 07:51 PM

First inning in June off of Becks:

- W. Taveras flied out to right
- K. Matsui doubled to shallow center
- M. Holliday grounded out to shortstop
- T. Helton singled to center, K. Matsui scored
- G. Atkins singled to left, T. Helton to third
- B. Hawpe lined out to right

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:01 PM

If Francis keeps the ball up, red sox are gonna tee off even more...

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:01 PM

Yep, not a good start at all....

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:03 PM

at least everyone got to see a big part of how they got here...that play from third...Rockies defense is super tough.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:07 PM

You can't defend 4 strikeouts in a row.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:08 PM

wow, you are full of astute observations.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:11 PM

you're full of fail and AIDS

DBLS AND K'S, DBL'S AND K'S

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:13 PM

lol...not sure what the AIDS reference means, unless you mean the green monster.

damn, you are more annoying than jdavis...b/c, you seem to just be a prick, plain and simple.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:16 PM

Didn't you ask for it? I saw your thread.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:18 PM

It's cool man. Proving what many have argued...no worries.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:19 PM

What was argued?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:21 PM

The arrogance and bluntness of Boston fans...but keep on keepin'.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:22 PM

I'm not a Red Sox fan....

You asked for someone to argue with... I'm rooting for the AL in this game, therefore I'm taking the sox, you're tkaing the rox.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:29 PM

Quote:

Didn't you ask for it? I saw your thread.

But you aren't a red sox fan....just someone who apparently likes to be the opposing side...that won't be fun if this turns around. You will only be here as long as the Sox are winning.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:30 PM

Well... Red Sox are going to sweep.

Rockies haven't faced a real team in over a month.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:31 PM

sigh.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:33 PM

"Taveras isn't a pull hitter"

Next pitch: *pulls it to left field*

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:35 PM

no doubt. but fox much better than dreaded tbs...although alyssa milano did come into my work while they were here.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:41 PM

What a weak ass jub jub

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:42 PM

HAHA NICE "DEFENSE"

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:44 PM

where's my taco?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:50 PM

loving the monster in game 1.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:52 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071016

"9:30: Has anyone ever kept track of the number of times Fox is running a taped in-game interview with a manager right as something exciting is happening in the game? I swear, it has gotten to the point that you're terrified if they interview the manager when the other team is up. Anyway, it just happened again -- they were interviewing Francona as Jhonny Peralta slammed a double off the left-field wall. (Ending the no-hitter that I was refusing to mention, by the way.) Fortunately, Cool Papa Lofton grounded out to end the inning."

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:53 PM

Quote:

loving the monster in game 1.

lovin' the K's in Game 1

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 08:55 PM

Most K's in a WS game: 17-Bob Gibson

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basebal..._strikeouts_ap/

Most for a Red sox: 11

Beckett is at 7 through four

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:13 PM

6 runs is a lot to overcome over the Red Sox's pitchign staff, esp. with Beckett starting... he has 51 pitches through 4 innings.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:13 PM

I fully agree.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:19 PM

Kx8

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:40 PM

heh

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:40 PM

yuck.

that about sums it up for me

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:41 PM

Those Rockies game tickets are gonna be declining in price now...

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:42 PM

but wait...am I supposed to go off on some tirade about this being one game and that everything will be ok? that seems to be about the norm these days, from anyone when the team they are cheering gets beat (or is getting beat).

bah...good 2 out hitting by the sox.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:43 PM

nix that...GREAT 2 out hitting by the sox.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:43 PM

they've tied a WS record for xbh in the 5th inning ...lol

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:53 PM

regular season matchups don't mean [censored] for the playoffs

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:54 PM

<---tail tucked btw legs....nothing to add tonight (or most likely not)

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 09:57 PM

runs given up by Colorado in NLCS: 8

Given upin game one of WS: 12

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:02 PM

about damned time!!!!! lol

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:08 PM

DP <3

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:16 PM

I WANT MY [censored] TACO
Posted by: sensei

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:18 PM

WTF? who's this guy, gq?
Posted by: jayhawks14

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:18 PM

This is terrible...

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:20 PM

Quote:

This is terrible...

Yeah, the woman I'm off and on with...we've been texting the whole game, and the last set of emails involved her being vulnerable and I told her I was down...so this might have a silver lining after all.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This is terrible...

Yeah, the woman I'm off and on with...we've been texting the whole game, and the last set of emails involved her being vulnerable and I told her I was down...so this might have a silver lining after all.

Oh God

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:28 PM

Oh God

If it goes how I want it too, I will probably hear that, yes.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:35 PM

hey everyone, a beaver singing!

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/24/07 10:41 PM

can i has taco plz?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:59 AM

So the ALCS was the World Series this year?
Posted by: WDNR2007

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 12:45 PM

Jesus H. Christ. That was ugly.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 01:23 PM

Quote:

Jesus H. Christ. That was ugly.

Honestly is it even worth it to watch. Obviously Beckett = Jesus H. Christ. After the pirst pitch of the game to the Sox was hit outta the park I said, "That's what happens when you don't play for 10 days." This could be the most lopsided WS ever.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 05:56 PM

Quote:

hey everyone, a beaver singing!

Yes, yes it was last night...beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

And tonight...game 2.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:08 PM

Eric Byrnes....shut the phuck you you douche...you sucked against the Rockies in the NLCS, after running your mouth. [censored] you dick.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:14 PM

Rock on James Taylor.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:14 PM

Quote:

Eric Byrnes....shut the phuck you you douche...you sucked against the Rockies in the NLCS, after running your mouth. [censored] you dick.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:16 PM

Quote:

Rock on James Taylor.

I hope the Red Sox offense has more the pace of his music tonight........doh!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:22 PM

I saw Father-Son I. (Moyer vs. Jimenez)....come on kid, do it again.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:30 PM

Cheap world series tickets here: http://search.product.ebay.com/Cleveland-Indians-World-Series-Home-Game-1_W0QQfvcsZ1QQsoprZ61758552

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:43 PM

alright...little bit better start...we'll see how this goes with the youngster.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:45 PM

I'm guessing he'll have a Rocky start

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:46 PM

however the hell you represent the drum pun sound....i'm doing it right now.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:48 PM

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:50 PM

Quote:

I'm guessing he'll have a Rocky start

negative.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 07:54 PM

HAI GUYS MY FAVOURITE BASEBALL PLAYER IS DEREK JETTUH

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 08:01 PM

I'm guessing Ortiz sits

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 08:28 PM

Thank you thank you thank you foul ball from Ortiz.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 08:30 PM

double whew.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 08:51 PM

mmmm...tacos.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 09:17 PM

2-1 Sox

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:20 PM

Boyz II Men is still around? Hmmmm....

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHzkICG47LU

Boyz II men -Motown Philly
Posted by: HLAMFC7

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:23 PM

Quote:

Boyz II Men is still around? Hmmmm....

That was my first thought as well. Second thought...weren't there four of them? But I don't remember middle school that well.
Posted by: HLAMFC7

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:26 PM

Nevermind. JDavis's video confirmed there were 4. Wonder what happened to the fourth?

Hmmmm....

Ok, wondering over. Don't care.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:26 PM

I was a senior in high school/frosh at KU when they first came on the scene...I think...it's blurry for me too.

And just b/c that was their most popular song, doesn't mean it was their best....

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:42 PM

Quote:

I was a senior in high school/frosh at KU when they first came on the scene...I think...it's blurry for me too.

And just b/c that was their most popular song, doesn't mean it was their best....

I'll bite. What is your favorite Bozy II men song?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:43 PM

Get ready for your papsmear.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:43 PM

I refuse to release that information on the grounds that I might get teased. Carry on.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:44 PM

Quote:

I refuse to release that information on the grounds that I might get teased. Carry on.

Boo!!! Hiss!!!!

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:46 PM

Okay, well if you even have a favorite Boyz II Men song, you should be teased anyways..

HOLY [censored] , what a pickoff

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:50 PM

Quote:

Holliday is slow....

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:50 PM

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would

And now I, I look at the night, whooo
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two, oh
And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulder
How can I hurt when holding you

Oh, one, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
Oh I've been inclined to believe it never would

Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Holliday is slow....

http://tpirfailure.ytmnd.com/

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:52 PM

Must be nice to have the money to afford these tickets....because that lady they just showed singing sweet caroline.....yeah, she didn't know the words or have any kind of rhythm....if you had been to Fenway as a season ticket holder, you would no doubt know the words to that song at least....pffffft.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Holliday is slow....

http://tpirfailure.ytmnd.com/

and whats this?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:54 PM

You don't need to know the words at Fenway, you just have to do the parts where they cut the music out....which is OH OH OH and SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:55 PM

Thought you weren't a Red Sox fan...you seem to know a lot about them.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:57 PM

I visited Fenway last summer, and I asked a Red Sox fan about why they were playing Neil Diamond.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 10:57 PM

LOL. OK.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:09 PM

Who's the old guy plugging his ears.

see ya saturday...
pathetic by the rockies, should just let 2 AL teams play for the WS...
papps looked good as usual...
whos gonna start at 1B???
ORTIZ OR YOUKILIS?

SIT THE [censored] DOWN

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:10 PM

Quote:

they just the owner, john henry

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:11 PM

Quote:

see ya saturday...
pathetic by the rockies, should just let 2 AL teams play for the WS...
papps looked good as usual...
whos gonna start at 1B???
ORTIZ OR YOUKILIS?

Come on now...game 1, yes was ugly. You saying this wasn't a good game though? pffffft.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

they just the owner, john henry

What a little nancy boy plugging his ears.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:19 PM

Damn...Byrnes looks all smug...he's a douche, just like jdavis/wrightstuff...

Why would Fox bring him in for this series after the NLCS and what transpired there?

OH yeah....because Fox is Fair and Balanced. I forget.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:20 PM

how am i a douche?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:21 PM

Quote:

how am i a douche?

guilt by association.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:22 PM

Well do you suck because your favorite team is Colorado?

BEcause you know, guilt by association...

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:24 PM

I'm a bandwagon Colorado fan...said that before....Royals are my favorite team...so, yeah, I probably do suck.

IF I was a diehard Rockies fan, I don't think you could say I suck because of that. Unless, you indeed, are a douche.

So, go ahead.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:25 PM

Okay then, the Royals suck, so you suck.

And I'm a douche. At least the team I picked is winning, which makes me right and you wrong. So I can be okay with being a douche as long as I'm right.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/25/07 11:27 PM

And that is a big difference between you and I. I don't feel the need to be right all the time, even on a forum such as this.

Enjoy. I'm done for the night with this.

Congrats to the Red Sox being up 2-0. Still trying to get a ticket for Sunday night...we'll see.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/27/07 10:09 PM

Rally rockies, rally.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 07:31 PM

all the ass clown red sox fans there tonight....grrrr.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:10 PM

Watching the game on my friends computer while studying for a history exam at 10 AM tomorrow morning. This thing is basically over.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:21 PM

Quote:

Watching the game on my friends computer while studying for a history exam at 10 AM tomorrow morning. This thing is basically over.

I know it's a super-long shot, but i'll keep hoping until it's over...hoping they win tonight....buddy I was supposed to go down to Coors Field with got in tonight within our budget, but I've been sitting at home the last 2 days sick. No bueno.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know it's a super-long shot, but i'll keep hoping until it's over...hoping they win tonight....buddy I was supposed to go down to Coors Field with got in tonight within our budget, but I've been sitting at home the last 2 days sick. No bueno.

Sucks to hear that. Lester is just pitching amazing tonight which sucks for the Rockies. This is the biggest turn around in the history of baseball. Team has so much momentum then they just choke. I guess the ALCS was the WS this year.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:33 PM

It's alright...he got in for $300...so, I can tell myself that I have an extra 3 bills in my pocket...but, really, wouldn't care if I didn't.

Running to the crapper every hour or so for 2 days has kind of sucked, yes. I don't get ill that often. But it came at me this time.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:42 PM

Can't see much, but he just sent me this from the game. (I asked him to send me pics).

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 08:55 PM

What a dive by Lowell there. If you're at game 4 of the WS it's fine by me. I was at the 1987 and 1991 WS for the Minnesota Twins in basically the same seats this guys in at the Rockies game. I was 1 and 4 years old haha.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 09:00 PM

I hear ya...he said he bought a rockpile ticket. I honestly have never sat out there, so can't tell for sure if this is from his seat or not...it seems a little low and to left field to be rockpile...but, I don't know.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 09:50 PM

the guy that took that pic in the stadium got 2 tickets for FREE for tomorrows game (if the rockies can come back).....hell yeah, i'll take that....go go go rockies!!!!

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 10:03 PM

Quote:

the guy that took that pic in the stadium got 2 tickets for FREE for tomorrows game (if the rockies can come back).....hell yeah, i'll take that....go go go rockies!!!!

Doesn't look too good with Paps doing the neck stretches in the BP right now. But free tickets to a WS game, you gotta be kiddin me.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 10:12 PM

I know...that bullshit with Arod and being released right now....so gay...so so gay.

Jesus...let someone else have the spotlight to themselves for a week.....seriously.

piss off to anyone who wants to hate in advance. You suck.

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 10:36 PM

ok....we have a ballgame again tonight, at least.
Posted by: WDNR2007

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 10:37 PM

So did JDavis get banned or what?

Re: Official Rockies vs. Red Sox 2007 WS Thread - 10/28/07 10:41 PM

maybe that is who chuckatstephens is. LOL...

I'm still saying MU fan. We'll see. And I agree with you, something not right with him.