Red Sox vs. Indians

Posted by: jdavis34

Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/10/07 10:15 PM

I just got my tickets for game one today. I'll be in the right field box seats with my dad. I'm really excited as it's my second playoff game ever. I hope it's a better outcome than my first time (2003 ALCS Game 3 [aka the don zimmer game]).

Beckett vs. Sabathia...Hopefully it's a low scoring, meaningful game.
Posted by: jayhwk01

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/10/07 11:49 PM

Go get'em tribe....take those bean towners down!
Posted by: jayhawks14

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/11/07 12:02 AM

How Ironic, I might be coming to game one as well and flying home that night so I can make it to the BU game in the morning.

GO TRIBE!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/12/07 01:56 PM

About to head out to the game now... I'll have pics tomorrow morning.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/12/07 11:51 PM

Glad I stayed in Lawrence that was terrible.
Hopefully Carmona has it going tomorrow or it's going to be ugly.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/12/07 11:57 PM

lol

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/13/07 12:01 AM

i bet that place was going crazy tonight jd...
you not making it back for the baylor game?

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/13/07 12:07 AM

nah, I'm staying in CT until Sunday night.

I'll be watching at home though!

I'll have a full writeup on Fenway tomorrow, but it was crazy when the Sox were scoring, then it started clearing out early.

Sabathia looked bad, I bet Carmona does well tomorrow.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/13/07 01:10 AM

we can only hope carmona doesn't look like cc did tonight... have a good time out east, and rock chalk!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:29 AM

Why was Gagne even put in? Esp. after what he did last night.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:29 AM

Yo JD where you at right now?
7 runs in the 11th... YOU KIDDIN ME!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:30 AM

haha how ironic we post at the same time...
don't worry JOBO will try to give the game to the Sox anyway he can...
Posted by: Shirley

Stick a fork in the sox.

I DONT [censored] GET IT... WHY GAGNE?

WHY?

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:31 AM

AND WHY THE [censored] DID I WRITE THIS: http://tedwilliamsfrozenhead.blogspot.com/2007/10/welcome-home-trot.html

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:31 AM

Quote:

I DONT [censored] GET IT... WHY GAGNE?

WHY?

No clue!

He has [censored] sucked, who else did they have to bring in?

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:32 AM

Papelbon should have stayed in, Lester would have been good to start an inning... lopez wouldnt have pulled that [censored] to start an inning....
Posted by: sensei

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:34 AM

this game is oooooo-ver. big time. looks like they missed your bandwagon support tonight, huh joe.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:35 AM

i've got some angina.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:36 AM

Yeah I suppose...

It's one game though don't sweat over it. Should be interesting seeing how Dice-K pitches on Sunday vs Westbrook. Then on Monday we Wakefield/Byrd haha that should be fun, NOT! I think it will be 2-2 going into game 5.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:36 AM

you need some va-gina.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:37 AM

Hey hold on, it aint over yet. Joe [censored] Borowski is on the mound for the Tribe!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:40 AM

Sorry they don't play tomorrow. But Monday and Tuesday should be good games, see ya then!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:43 AM

best of 5 series now

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 12:46 AM

Quote:

best of 5 series now

did you read that on the interwebs or did you figure that out all by yourself?
Posted by: gquinn225

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 02:02 AM

Maybe a little nervous now it sounds. <shrug>

I don't really care about this series to be honest, I'm watchin the other side. Gonna be cold as a mofo tomorrow night. BRRRRRRR

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 02:03 AM

Quote:

best of 5 series now

With 3 games in Cleveland!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

best of 5 series now

Hey man, at least my team doesn't judge their season on one month between March and September.
Posted by: WDNR2007

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/14/07 09:47 AM

God it was great to hear all those obnoxious Red Sox fans silenced in the bar last night.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 09:29 AM

Westbrook Vs. Dice-K tonight...
Should be another great game as always

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 08:50 PM

4-2 end of 7th inning, Westbrook was great tonight he's a complete stud.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 09:01 PM

BoSox going down again tonight!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 09:21 PM

Quote:

BoSox going down again tonight!

Please knock on some wood for saying that. JoBo will be coming in the game for the save opportunity and ugh you never know what happens. I'll be holding my breath for the entire Top 9.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 09:40 PM

I just exhaled and wow that was amazing. JoBo looked like his old self tonight. Game 4 is absolutely huge tomorrow night.
Posted by: kucolts08

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:27 PM

HAHAH im sure JDavis is crying into his laptop as we speak. Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the ring Thome, Baegara, Belle, and many more could never get!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:33 PM

Actually, I predicted game 2 and 3 losses... so suck it Colts...

I'm not worried whatsoever. At least my team isn't down 3-0.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:39 PM

I'm loving it, all the annoying Sox fans in Boulder are pissing and moaning.
Posted by: Zhawk06

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:41 PM

Quote:

I just exhaled and wow that was amazing. JoBo looked like his old self tonight. Game 4 is absolutely huge tomorrow night.

JoBo has given me an ulcer this season. Betancourt's 8th inning vs. Youkilis, Ortiz, and Ramirez was huge.

Hopefully we can play well tomorrow.
Posted by: kucolts08

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:44 PM

Not worried whatsoever? Two games from elimination? id be a little nervous, then again the Cubs are already out haha....

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 10:48 PM

Quote:

HAHAH im sure JDavis is crying into his laptop as we speak. Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the ring Thome, Baegara, Belle, and many more could never get!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget Paul Sorrento, Kenny Lofton, Omar Vizquel, Sandy Alomar Jr., and Charles Nagy.

My all-time favorite introduction at Jacobs Field is: "Now batting, the 2nd baseman, #9, Carlos BBBBBBAAAAAEEEEEERRRRGA.

When he was at his peak he was my little brother's favorite player. He cried the day the Indians traded him to the Mets.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:15 PM

GO TRIBE!!!! Here is to an Indians vs Rockies WS. I can hear the East Coast media whining already about how they wish there was at least one coastal team for them to root err I mean report on. I love it! Go small market baseaball anywhere West of Philly!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

JoBo has given me an ulcer this season. Betancourt's 8th inning vs. Youkilis, Ortiz, and Ramirez was huge.

Hopefully we can play well tomorrow.

Betancourt is basically untouchable. Won 75 bucks off of my 3 roomates tonight saying he would get those guys out 1,2,3. Thank You Raffy! The Indians have no been put in a situation like this yet, tomorrow's game has some pressure but not as much as the others has. If they win its great because then only one pitcher out of C.C., Carmona, or Westbrook have to get a win to make it to the WS. I don't know why but tonight has been my best feeling of the playoffs going into tomorrow night. I have a feeling that Wakefield is going to lit up, first good hunch I've had all playoffs. Go Tribe!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:32 PM

I love it how people don't post on here when Red Sox win, but will when they lose...
Posted by: hasbeen

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:34 PM

Quote:

I love it how people don't post on here when Red Sox win, but will when they lose...

LOL THE HUGE PAYROLL DOWN 1-2 LOL LOL LOL

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:37 PM

Quote:

Don't worry JD i'll post tomorrow night win or lose.
Posted by: Merg311

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:43 PM

Quote:

Is being a Red Sox fan similar to being a Jayhawk fan? I mean I know we're all Jayhawks here on this board (most of us anyways), but when KU loses we really hear it from KSUckers or whoever.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:52 PM

I know you have J14, your'e a legit fan...the rest aren't

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is being a Red Sox fan similar to being a Jayhawk fan? I mean I know we're all Jayhawks here on this board (most of us anyways), but when KU loses we really hear it from KSUckers or whoever.

Yep. I've always compared being a Red Sox fan to being a Jayhawk fan.

(So let's hope the Jayhawks win after a long draught).

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/15/07 11:59 PM

Thats funny becasue I have always thought BoSox fan was much like Duke fan. Full of themselves with a strong sense of entitlement. Jayhawks are nothing like the Red Sox. How insulting.
Posted by: Merg311

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 12:06 AM

I would more compare Duke to the New York Yankees.
Kansas to the Bo Sox.

Boston has had many great teams, and how long did they go without winning the World Series. It pains me that KU has not won a championship since 1988...even though its not nearly the length of time it took Boston to win a WS. Tons of tradition here at KU, and 2 National Titles (4 if you include Helms). I can definitely see the similarities.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 12:11 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of the fans attitudes than the franchises themselves. That said I still don't want my beloved Jayhawks compared to the Sox, Yankees, or any other damn team. The Hawks stand alone as far as I am concerned.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 12:17 AM

When are Red Sox fans full of entitlement ? I'm pretty sure they had no confidence in their teams whatsoever up until 2004 (I'm not worried about the Sox right now).

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 12:32 AM

Quote:

When are Red Sox fans full of entitlement ? I'm pretty sure they had no confidence in their teams whatsoever up until 2004 (I'm not worried about the Sox right now).

I hope the Indians don't stay in a drought like the Sox did. Although the Indians drought is not that bad, they last won a WS in 1948. From 1954-1994 there were no postseason apperances by the Tribe. In 95' and 97' they won the ALCS then lost in the WS. It's been a rough drought for Eric Wedge as well. When he took over in 2002 they had made the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. They didn't return until this year. I hope this is the year the Tribe can finally get it done. I hope this doesn't turn into another disappointment like 95, 97, and 98. Even if the Tribe don't make the WS, they made a great run and I'm very pleased to see the improvements they've made.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 08:48 AM

Quote:

Thats funny becasue I have always thought BoSox fan was much like Duke fan. Full of themselves with a strong sense of entitlement. Jayhawks are nothing like the Red Sox. How insulting.

Duke has done more in the last 90 years than Boston. Much more. And Dook fans don't whine when people tell them they hate them. They know they're hated and they don't care. Red Sox fans kind of blink as if to say, "B-B-B-But we're not the Yankees."

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 01:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep. I've always compared being a Red Sox fan to being a Jayhawk fan.

(So let's hope the Jayhawks win after a long draught).

Terrible comparison. Red Sox fans built their reputation off of 86 years of futility and the fact that they kept getting their a$$ handed to them while their rival went ahead and won 26 World Series. That'd be like Mizzou winning 26 NCAA football or basketball championships while we went on an 86 year drought and kept losing to them when it mattered in the tournament or bowl games.

Rooting for the Red Sox has become cliche and is supposedly some anti-establishment statement (since Yankees have been the establishment). I've never had any sympathy for Boston fans since the Celtics won damn near 15 NBA titles and recently the Patriots have dominated. If you want to talk about destitute sports fans, look no further than Cleveland fans. We have the longest drought of any city with 3 sports teams.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 07:41 PM

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 08:45 PM

Quote:

yeah he is...but they are currently down 1-0.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:04 PM

Quote:

It's 6-0. Have your feelings changed yet?

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:10 PM

Obviously I get excited when the Saux are losing but when they're getting their asses handed to them it makes me down right giddy. hehe

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:13 PM

Stick a fork in them. This game is over.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:33 PM

Quote:

Stick a fork in them. This game is over.

Knock on some wood cuz its 7-3 NOW...
JOBO gave up 6 runs to the Yankees in the Bottom of the 9th with 2 outs...
People always speaking TOO [censored] EARLY

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:33 PM

Wow. Still down 4 though.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:41 PM

Three runs doesn't mean much now. Tribe is still in great shape.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:42 PM

I know brother. More fun to watch a close game though : )

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 09:58 PM

Nice catch.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 10:08 PM

Asdrubal Cabrera...
complete stud, SC top 10 tonight

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 10:35 PM

Uh-Oh. I would be a little worried now, Jdavis.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 10:42 PM

Don't stop, believvvvvvving.

to be honest, either way, I'm not pissed either way. The Sox had a good run, I got entertainment out of the season.

I've had worse things happen (2003), and I've had better things happen than if they won this year (2004).

Jayhawks losing the past 3 years has been more painful than what it'd be if the Sox lose Thursday, Sat. or Sunday.
Posted by: hasbeen

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/16/07 11:28 PM

LOL LOL HUGE PAYROLL DOWN 1-3 LOL

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/17/07 09:09 AM

Not over yet hasbeen. But it sure is looking funnier by the day.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/18/07 02:11 AM

just rewatched my 2004 WS DVD.

We're winning three in a row baby.

Let's go Red Sox.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/18/07 09:25 AM

As a lifelong Cleveland fan, I know anything can happen.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/18/07 11:10 PM

See ya Saturday.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/18/07 11:11 PM

I really am torn. I kind of want Boston to win, so there will be more exposure....but I kind of have been turned off by the Sox fans around me. And I'm not really referring to you Jdavis, although you know where I stand in regards to you.

We'll see what happens.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/18/07 11:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

best of 5 series now

Now two best of 1 series that you need to win the first one

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/19/07 03:52 PM

A Red Sox fan posted this ona community I visit, and i have to completely agree with him:

"Either way, I'm satisfied. As it stands, the following things are the possibilities:

My favorite team wins the World Series, becoming the first team this millenium to win two championships.
A team that hasn't won in nearly sixty years wins the World Series (Plus, it'd mean Trot Nixon gets another ring and I still love Nixon).
A team that has never won the World Series wins the World Series, not to mention it would mean that three out of four of the nineties expansion teams will have won a World Series.

It's absolutely the single best case playoff scenario for a Sox fan. No matter who takes it all home, I can't really feel a shred of regret as we played a good season either way and it's not like we're playing a team that kind of backed their way into the playoffs. Unlike last season, everyone left really earned their current spots. It's been a good postseason."
Posted by: larryb

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/19/07 04:47 PM

I know you lost faith there for a while but it should be restored now. In keeping with morgan it looks like the Red Sox may be born again.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 08:50 PM

I don't need to say anything.

But I know if the scored was reversed..this thread would be booming right now.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 08:51 PM

Yes, the pics say more than words.

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 09:11 PM

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 09:11 PM

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 09:13 PM

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 10:27 PM

NOOOOOOOO

NOT GAGNE!

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/20/07 10:36 PM

game 7...TOMORROW NIGHT

I feel like Dane Cook.
Posted by: pwhittemore

Re: Red Sox vs. Indians - 10/21/07 11:58 PM

You think Boston's workforce is going to be a little slow tomorrow? Pedroia is getting laid multiple times by multiple ladies. Papelbon is scary--as much as I like the Sox, he just reminds me a little too much like Jocky Noah. Whatever. Go Sox!