Posted by: tmcats

betting this is your guy ... - 03/09/15 07:44 PM

juco
Posted by: INation

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/09/15 08:26 PM

I'm in!!!
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/09/15 08:43 PM

Its a lot harder to recruit JUCO players right out of high school then P5 talent. He needs to be an assistant at a P5 conference first.
Posted by: jahawker2004

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/09/15 09:29 PM

+1

Let's go get Chris Dailey at UConn.
Posted by: Code_2008

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/10/15 08:46 AM

Why not just take JCCC's Women's Basketball coach if you're going to look at JuCo colleges from Kansas for a coach? Hasn't their Women's Team been the #1 seed for like several years or something?

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
Let's go get Chris Dailey at UConn.

I'm down for this.
Posted by: jaihaux

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/10/15 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Its a lot harder to recruit JUCO players right out of high school then P5 talent. He needs to be an assistant at a P5 conference first.

Bull. John Ontjes is ready now. He's a Kansan, played in the Big 8/12 and is one of the nation's best basketball coaches. He doesn't need time as an assistant. Get the best coach available. If it's not John Ontjes, so be it. But you won't find many more qualified candidates than Ontjes.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 03/11/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: jaihaux

Bull. John Ontjes is ready now. He's a Kansan, played in the Big 8/12 and is one of the nation's best basketball coaches. He doesn't need time as an assistant. Get the best coach available. If it's not John Ontjes, so be it. But you won't find many more qualified candidates than Ontjes.
Geez, welcome back. Where have you been?
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 04/17/15 04:03 PM

I thought tmcts said we were dropping the sport?
Posted by: vmlb

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 07/31/15 01:55 PM

He definitely showed he is ready for prime time by get the Hutch team put on probation. Did Zenger know this was coming down the pike?
Posted by: Maximus

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 02/03/17 03:35 PM

I wish it was John Ontjes. Brandon Schneider 2015-16 season going 6-25 and 0-18 in Big 12 is not acceptable.

Thanks Sheahon Zenger.

“I admire him for what he’s doing and the way he’s doing it,” said former KU AD Monte Johnson, who held the post from 1982-87. “He indicated right from the start that’s the way he was gonna conduct the search. He didn’t try to mislead anybody. And I have nothing but great respect for what he’s trying to do.”

Posted by: dgless21

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 02/03/17 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Maximus
I wish it was John Ontjes.

At this point, I agree.

Schneider seems like he's in over his head....just like Zenger.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 02/03/17 04:28 PM

Geez, welcome back. Where have you been?
I think he has been in jail?
Posted by: INation

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 02/10/17 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: Maximus
I wish it was John Ontjes.

At this point, I agree.

Schneider seems like he's in over his head....just like Zenger.

He needs time. His first "recruiting class" was the two transfers, Washington and Calvert. Washington was ranked the No. 14 overall player nationally and No. 2 guard in her class her senior year of high school by HoopGurlz.com and Calvert was ranked No. 15 nationally in the Class of 2014 by HoopGurlz.com.

Schneiders first actual recruiting class consists of 3 players ranked in the top 20 at their positions. It's gonna take a couple years to get his players in and going. This team is still mainly Henrickson's players recruited to run Bonnie Ball.
Posted by: Maximus

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 11/16/17 09:17 AM

Another year of Brandon Schneider. Someone should place some bets in Vegas against every coach Dr. Sheahon Zenger hires.

KU womans basketball season in 2016–17 for Kansas of 8–22 overall and 2–16 in Big 12 not worthy of Brandon Schneider annual salary of $300,000.

Posted by: jahawker2004

Re: betting this is your guy ... - 11/18/17 08:11 PM

Bonnie left the cupboard bare.

Last year's recruitng class was in the top 25.

This year shaping up well.

He had NO quality post players last season.

Still VERY young and still learning his system.

All Big 12 point guard Jessica Washington out for season with injury.

He'll have a complete roster of HIS recruits next season.

He's the right choice. Just wait and see.