Back to actual basketball

Posted by: AlOerter

Back to actual basketball - 06/18/19 06:14 PM

Who will lead the Jayhawks in scoring this coming season? I am leaning toward Dok or Dotson. Thoughts?
Posted by: moose1

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/18/19 06:57 PM

For the team’s sake it probably better not be Dotson. I think if your point guard is you’re leading scorer that is not a good sign. I’d lean towards Dok but he is going to need to play more minutes a game for that to happen.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/18/19 07:25 PM

We wont depend on any one person like Lawson last yr...3 or more guys will take turns as leading scorers from game to game. And thats the way we want it...
Posted by: Jayhawk1952

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/19/19 07:57 AM

I'm guessing that 3 -4 will consistently lead in scoring per game and 2 or 3 others will occasionally lead. This will be great as when one leading scorer has an off night, others will step in. Yes, this will be a much different team than last year's scoring wise as well as depth and desire.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/19/19 08:19 AM

Once again you are agreeing with the greatest Jayhawk basketball fan ever...yes the MIGHTY PHOGUSHER...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/19/19 08:37 PM

OK, let me put it this way. At the end of the season, someone will have the highest average ppg. I will say Dok if he stays healthy. Whoever starts at the other big may be in the running because Dok is going to draw a lot of attention from opposing defenses leaving the other guy open.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/19/19 09:24 PM

It should be Dok...but you never know...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 07:25 AM

Way too early. There's a lot of development to take place for this team, both for individuals as well as a team. We have three bigs that could really score consistently, Dok, McCormick and De Sousa. PPG is going to depend very much on playing time for them. If we have a shooter or shooters that get consistently hot outside, they could also be in the running. Of course a lot depends on how opposing teams play us defensively. If our outside shooting gets hot, we will be a nightmare for opponents to defend as we should be really good around the basket. Sounds like McCormick is developing a mid-range shot. I'm excited to see how it all plays out..

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 09:48 AM

It is McCormack for crying out loud...get it right..

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 11:05 AM

Looks like the spelling police are out in full force. Well at least one officer. Mick Mack Patty Wack, give the dog a bone. grin

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 12:25 PM

I would expect an ancient that spouts out 40000000 word posts on KU hoops facts could at least get the names of the current players correct...cmon hayseed do better.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Once again you are agreeing with the greatest Jayhawk basketball fan ever...yes the MIGHTY PHOGUSHER...
How much was the emergency room visit?

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Mick Mack Patty Wack, give the dog a bone. grin

"With a knick knack paddy wack
Give a dog a bone
This old man comes rolling home..."
Posted by: madcapper

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 02:07 PM

Can't be Dok he cant stay healthy an entire season.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 02:43 PM

Silvio

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Mick Mack Patty Wack, give the dog a bone. grin

"With a knick knack paddy wack
Give a dog a bone
This old man comes rolling home..."

Guess my humor is pretty bad, especially if it flies over someone's head. It's just a play on the words of the original. (McCor)MICK (McCor)MACK Patty (sticking with a name) Wack (from the original), give THE dog (the one I'm responding to) a bone. wink

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 04:47 PM

Your humor is spot on. I like word or phrase distortions. 👍

Well played

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 05:28 PM

That old man aint clever enough for that sort of humor...it came as a afterthought from his feeble Geritol infused mind in an weak attempt for a comeback...he will be gone in a few years...I guess some local yokels in flyover country admires his vain attempts at humor...like Kookoo.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 05:35 PM

Old Phoggy done blown his brains out! He posted 54 words!

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/20/19 09:15 PM

If you actually took time to count them then its more boring in the western Kansas hinderlands than I thought. Again do yo ever venture east to AFH for any games these days or do you wait for that yuk yuk barnstorming tour...lol.

If you come out for a game let me know which one. I will buy you a Geritol and Whiskey...I already got my tickets for that Duke game in MSG. I would ask if you are going but you would need a bumper crop of alfafa or soybeans to afford that..you claim to be a great fan but I doubt if you seen a KU game live in quite awhile
..amirite

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 09:39 AM

It's been a while since I've been to either Memorial Stadium or AFH. At my age, it is a whole lot more comfortable to sit in my easy chair rather than a hard bench seat, decked out in some of my KU gear. The noise level is also a lot easier on my ears. I don't ever have to stand to see the game. When the game's over, I don't have to deal with any traffic. In the earlier years, many of the games, football and basketball, were listened to on the radio, though there was an occasion or so that I saw Wilt and team on TV. One of my most frustrating moments was listening to the '57 title game during a terrible blizzard and lost the radio signal just as KU was throwing in the ball with six seconds to go. It was a day or two before I could find out who won the game. Perhaps one of my most exciting moments was the evening my first wife of 48 years, lost her 12 years ago, sat down to watch a KU game with me. She had always thought my enjoyment of KU games was a waste of time. She became a stanch KU fan, she even wore her matching KU jacket with pride! She missed the '08 championship game by 10 months. I kept thinking about how excited she would have been during that game as well as the whole tournament. I have around 30 volumes of books on KU basketball and its history, coaches and players that I enjoy referring to or re-reading during the off season time. That's where I get some of my stats along with the internet. It is certainly your right to question my KU fan hood, but there's no doubt in my mind. Thanks for the invite, however, my choice of drink is a 7-Up or lemonade. I do enjoy bantering with you.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 12:20 PM

Bantering with 555000000 word diatribes...lol ..we actually had this conversation before via pm...sorry about your late wife. You sir are a true Jayhawk...400 miles west..you got to be on the Colorado..

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 12:30 PM

60 miles as the crow flies.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 01:03 PM

Thanks for recognizing me as a true blue Jayhawk fan. Unlike some on this board, you are as well. Also a quite knowledgeable Jayhawk fan.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 01:25 PM

A love affair is born on the ku boards...lol

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 02:41 PM

Well, they are a combined 120 years old at least. They should have SOME knowledge of Kansas sports. Get a room you two!

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 02:55 PM

Respect, it's called respect. Respect for your elders is certainly a noble thing which we are seeing a lot less of today. I try to respect most posters on this board.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 03:12 PM

If you're talking about age, I'm guessing it would be a lot closer to 150 years than 120.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 08:47 PM

Who...you and Jimbo West...I know ya luvs ya some Jim butt capper...but there is nothing wrong with that...just use protection...or him seeing your the catcher....

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 08:49 PM

I am 60...52 might be 90....but we could both whip some kooocoo assss.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/21/19 08:50 PM

Capper is 70....at least...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 04:55 AM

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 08:54 AM

Ok...71 it is...older than dirt but not as old as jhawk52...its all good I turn SS age tomorrow...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 04:16 PM

Happy birthday a day early (just in case you don't make it!). Must be around 67, unless you're thinking of the early retirement age.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 05:41 PM

No I am 64...filed early at 62...that with my Lockmart pension and VA disability I pull down 4.5 k a month net...take a part time job here and there for entertainment value...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 09:16 PM

Between the two of us we have 143 years. That's a lot closer to 150 than 120, just like I said. We should have a lot of wisdom to share on this board.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 09:35 PM

79 be old...but keep on with your diatribes...its like Tylenol PM to me when I read them.....

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/22/19 10:42 PM

Glad to be of help.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 11:02 AM

A lot of ancients on this board LOL. I guess the youngsters use Snap Chat, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I don't know - maybe those are old hat by now.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 12:05 PM

Hell you be old discus hed....

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 02:08 PM

Not even 60...til next month.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 02:29 PM

Dat old for a roid infused discus head...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 03:22 PM

Hemorrhoid?

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 04:44 PM

Steroids that produce hemorroids...lol. Hey KU got a commit from a great 2022 recruit...Tre White...might reclass to 2021.
Posted by: TheStarhawk

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/23/19 10:14 PM

Happy birthday Phogusher!

Thanks for being an active voice and a true fan.

Cheers

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 10:10 AM

Thanks...I am indeed a true fan. Hope to go to mote games this season than ever before. Starting with that Champions Classic in MSG...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 10:28 AM

Happy birthday Phogo, you old salty dog...lol

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 11:19 AM

Thanks...I am indeed a true fan. Hope to go to mote games this season than ever before. Starting with that Champions Classic in MSG...

I really do hope that you get "to go to mote games this season than ever before." You must have had a hard time getting up this morning! I couldn't resist a jab at you. At least you're still alive. Have a great birthday.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 01:45 PM

Between the two of us we have 143 years. That's a lot closer to 150 than 120, just like I said. We should have a lot of wisdom to share on this board.
A reminder, I did say, "120, at least". Meaning a minimum amount of years invested in following the Jayhawks for sure should provide some knowledge on the subject. It's all good.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 02:12 PM

I really do hope that you get "to go to mote games this season than ever before." You must have had a hard time getting up this morning! I couldn't resist a jab at you. At least you're still alive. Have a great birthday.

Spelling Mongul...Nazis werent around when you were young so I had to go furthur back in time...

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 02:28 PM

Back when I was young, writing was just being developed, so spelling was still in its infancy.

Re: Back to actual basketball - 06/24/19 05:05 PM

I can believe that...