Grimes

Posted by: Tetonhawk

Grimes - 06/02/19 02:31 PM

#qdotgrimes announced after Dotson so I would guess his decision is about position. Point guard. He must really want to get to the NBA so adding at least 2 years to that with a transfer makes no sense. He must really dislike Self although he was given an amazing amount of PT.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Grimes - 06/02/19 09:31 PM

Everybody knows that....geeeesshhh
Posted by: B_of_H

Re: Grimes - 06/03/19 02:38 PM

actually, the inside scoop is that Grimes stopped going to class and failed the entire spring semester meaning he would have been ineligible anyway.

Re: Grimes - 06/03/19 04:10 PM

I can believe that...kid aint got no character...wont make it anywhere...

Re: Grimes - 06/04/19 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I can believe that...kid aint got no character...wont make it anywhere...

I think you can only make up 9 hours over the summer right? If so that would make sense.

Re: Grimes - 06/04/19 12:34 PM

Does it matter if you transfer...riding the pine for a year....yep that will make him more NBA worthy...

Re: Grimes - 06/04/19 01:23 PM

Does it matter if you transfer...riding the pine for a year....yep that will make him more NBA worthy...

the rumors are that he was waiting to see what Dotson did and wanted to come back to play PG AND that he was going to be ineligible 1st semester due to academics. right? There were also rumblings throughout the season that he didn't go hard in the weight room and didn't spend any extra time shooting etc...

It matters for a few reasons. It probably pissed self off that he gave up on school and didn't work hard given he had such a poor season compared to expectations. Something went on for him to transfer rather than come back and these rumors seem plausible.
Posted by: TheStarhawk

Re: Grimes - 06/09/19 03:56 AM

don't buy the rumors. he didn't like his time here in kansas. plain and simple. we have the best academic coordinators for the basketball team in the country. players with questionable character, such as Sherron collins were able to earn their degrees here. I highly doubt they would allow themselves to be put in that situation. maybe he wants to play pg. the real reason why he didn't want to be here was probably because the fights that were happening in the locker room this year, it was just a really negative locker room this year from what I know. I think he made a mistake not coming back. Look at Auburn two years ago, they didn't look like a final 4 team. brought back their core. and went to the final 4. Quentin should have stayed. I hope he can change his mind. he Is really making a horrible decision.

Re: Grimes - 06/09/19 07:27 AM

This^^^ is what I have been saying all along about Grimes. It was written all over his face at times during games that he didnt like it here. So be it...
Posted by: moose1

Re: Grimes - 06/09/19 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
don't buy the rumors. he didn't like his time here in kansas. plain and simple. we have the best academic coordinators for the basketball team in the country. players with questionable character, such as Sherron collins were able to earn their degrees here. I highly doubt they would allow themselves to be put in that situation. maybe he wants to play pg. the real reason why he didn't want to be here was probably because the fights that were happening in the locker room this year, it was just a really negative locker room this year from what I know. I think he made a mistake not coming back. Look at Auburn two years ago, they didn't look like a final 4 team. brought back their core. and went to the final 4. Quentin should have stayed. I hope he can change his mind. he Is really making a horrible decision.

Fights in the locker room? What was the cause of them, Grimes, someone else or just a bad mix in general?

Re: Grimes - 06/09/19 09:22 AM

Most likely it was Grimes vs Dotson and maybe Vick. Grimes would woof at Dotson at times on the court. Thats why I am pretty sure Dotson waited until Grimes going into the transfer portal before commiting to return to old KU...
Posted by: TheStarhawk

Re: Grimes - 06/09/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk

Fights in the locker room? What was the cause of them, Grimes, someone else or just a bad mix in general?

I'd say a bad mix, and Lagerald acting up which caused him to leave. The guy comes from the tough parts of Memphis. He was a tough nut to crack, didn't really talk much. With the high expectations we had coming into the season it just hurt all the more for this team. I expect good things for 2020.
Posted by: Maximus

Re: Grimes - 06/10/19 11:14 PM

Wanting to be close to home.

Quentin Grimes could be close to finding a new landing spot and it could be close to his hometown, according to a pair of recent reports.

ESPN's Jeff Borzello tweeted Saturday morning that Houston and Texas A&M "have been the two clear frontrunners for" the KU basketball combo guard with his transfer decision. Jon Rothstein, college basketball insider for CBS Sports, reported that Grimes will visit Houston on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday, according to Grimes' mother.

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 06:11 AM

Another I told you so moment by yours truly. Always said it most likely be Houston.
Posted by: madcapper

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 06:31 AM

Who cares, he is gone and good luck to him. Doesn't he have to sit out a year if so i do not understand how a transfer helps him if his goal is the nba.

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 08:07 AM

Yes he has to sit out a year..how is that going to help his NBA draft status. But as you say who cares. I never could figure out why a guy wouldnt love playing at KU but it was clear that he did not...
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 11:41 AM

I did read that grimes will petition for immediate eligibility. Some sort of hardship waiver that if granted allows them to play immediately. Without sitting.

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 01:49 PM

Lol what frigging hardship...from being butthurt from Self riding his assss too hard...he needs to sit and pay his dues like every other fool that transfer for no good reason.
Posted by: Jayhawk1952

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 02:03 PM

No way that Grimes should receive a hardship waiver! KU is who had to deal with the hardship.

Re: Grimes - 06/11/19 06:21 PM

You are getting smarter old man....Geritol and Prevagan..nice

Re: Grimes - 06/27/19 06:26 PM

Another I told you so moment by yours truly. Always said it most likely be Houston.

Oh snap you simpleton hayseeds...the mighty Phogusher called this right several weeks ago....I know everything man...

Re: Grimes - 06/27/19 10:25 PM

Man its hard being right all the time....
Posted by: parkhawk3319

Re: Grimes - 06/28/19 04:01 PM

Oh snap you simpleton hayseeds...the mighty Phogusher called this right several weeks ago....I know everything man...

Wait; you just quoted yourself, while talking to yourself and referred to yourself in the third person, all in the same post. This exhibits a level of sophistication rarely shown in a message board post. I just want to take this moment to salute your efforts towards raising the level of discourse on this board.

Re: Grimes - 06/28/19 04:17 PM

Due to lack of traffic on this forum I must often play the Holy Trinity of the dot commie..like they say somebody has got to do it...call me the Ryan Reynolds aka Deadpool of this mug...4th wall baby..