5 SEC job openings

Posted by: KYBLUEBLOOD

5 SEC job openings - 03/26/19 09:19 PM

Some of these may come after Self. He’s way underpaid for his HOF career. Hard to believe Calipari makes more than Self and Izzo COMBINED! Sure, they’d be less prestige but 6-8 million might get him interested.

Who are y’all cheering for now? Roy? Anyone think dUKe robbed their last game? Zion can charge, no call. Barrett hook as he always does, no call. Hate to see K get #6. UNC favored by 5 over Auburn. We beat UNC once but without PJ Houston will clip us.
Maybe Izzo gets his 8th FF, I’d rather Michigan win that State if we are eliminated. Maybe Few gets him one at Gonzaga. I’d love to get hot and back into a championship.
Posted by: TheStarhawk

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/26/19 09:28 PM

1. Self ain't leaving for the SEC! Get that out of your thick head.

2. UCF choked. they had the game .

3. I'll always love Roy Williams so I want UNC to win it.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/26/19 09:32 PM

If Roy wins it gives him 4 in 16 years. He’s been very close a couple of more times. 6 FF 3 Championships. 4 would be more impressive than K in my book.

Looks like Roy made the right choice going to UNC. Somehow he can get an AA player to stick around 4 years. Makes a helluva difference. 22-23 year olds vs 18-19 year olds.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/26/19 11:03 PM

I always pull for the Zags and consider Few one of the premier coaches in the college game. Hard to argue any other coach does more with less...maybe less was not the right word. My point is he finds competitive talent in players completely overlooked by everyone else. I lived for a couple decades just a ways east of his hangout. Besides that Gonzaga offered my boy a schollie to play (tennis) there, so there's that.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 03:33 AM

Kensuck swinging and missing again. His post might be worth something is he could spell "combined"...

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
I always pull for the Zags and consider Few one of the premier coaches in the college game. Hard to argue any other coach does more with less...maybe less was not the right word. My point is he finds competitive talent in players completely overlooked by everyone else. I lived for a couple decades just a ways east of his hangout. Besides that Gonzaga offered my boy a schollie to play (tennis) there, so there's that.

If we are eliminated, I wouldn’t mind at all to see Few won a championship. He’s a great coach who was very close a couple of years ago. Anyone but dUKe or UNC for me. They are getting too close to our 8 with 5 and 6 championships. I’d like to once get lucky and win one that we shouldn’t.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Kensuck swinging and missing again. His post might be worth something is he could spell "combined"...

I fixed it. 😂 Also 5 job openings. Self may want the challenge of coaching in a more athletic and stable conference with big TV dollars. He deserves as much as Cal makes. We have an assistant making nearly a million a year.
I look for KU to get through the FBI and NCAA without punishment. Worst case they vacate a FF and games DeSousa played in. Best case is nothing happens, Townsend might have caught a break when Zion went to dUKe. Zion won’t be declared ineligible there, he’s safe with K.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 12:07 PM

" I’d like to once get lucky and win one that we shouldn’t."
UK has already been there and done that, more than once, so...
"Anyone but dUKe or UNC" or UK for me.
I'll be rooting for Zags, Tenn, and Auburn. I'm not a big Pearl fan but I like their team this year.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
" I’d like to once get lucky and win one that we shouldn’t."
UK has already been there and done that, more than once, so...
"Anyone but dUKe or UNC" or UK for me.
I'll be rooting for Zags, Tenn, and Auburn. I'm not a big Pearl fan but I like their team this year.

Each of those teams are proof of the value of getting the players that stick around 4 years and mature physically and mentally. Houston has a couple of really good senior guards that will give UK fits. Unless you are getting the Zion’s, Barrett’s and the very top sure fire studs, you are better off with players ranked in the 30-88 range. I say 88 because Tyler Herro was a 4* who can play.
In my lifetime, UK has won 4. In 78, 96,98 and 12. 78 was the best team, 96 arguably the best ever, 98 was lucky I guess. 3 straight finals. Pitino left Tubby a team who just knew how to win. 2012 was not a doubt the best team. 38-2. Should have won 2015 38-1.
Unless UT gets hot again I don’t know about them. May have peaked early. Auburn is 5 point underdogs but can flat out play. Very athletic and can score in bunches. Gonzaga has just quietly blowing teams out and own a win over dUKe with Zion.
You have to hope the refs don’t blow many calls, in a close game it can be the difference in a win or a loss.
Posted by: Jman1

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
1. Self ain't leaving for the SEC! Get that out of your thick head.

2. UCF choked. they had the game .

3. I'll always love Roy Williams so I want UNC to win it.

you have a small degree of legitimacy, but not.

UCF did get a little tight at the end. Zion COMPLETELY bowled the defender over on the perimeter and proceded to steam roll into Macho Tacos only to have a compleely made up blocking foul called on the Taco for the full purpose of getting him out of the game...

If you think these games are officiated on the up and up i will recommend a shrink and a trip to Colorado to get "right".
Posted by: Jman1

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
If Roy wins it gives him 4 in 16 years. He’s been very close a couple of more times. 6 FF 3 Championships. 4 would be more impressive than K in my book.

Looks like Roy made the right choice going to UNC. Somehow he can get an AA player to stick around 4 years. Makes a helluva difference. 22-23 year olds vs 18-19 year olds.

Also helps when the kid can go to "school" for 3-4 years, get a bunch of money, never have to go to class, get a degree and stroll onto the NBA.

ROI was also instructed to keep his @ss out of recruting the east coast by the powers that be(Cough Cough) when he was at KU
Posted by: tmcats

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 03:58 PM

bama hired oats from buffalo. unlv got t.j. otzelberger from the jacks.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/27/19 06:51 PM

Timmay shows up a week after his Purps lost to the Anteaters...man I wish the Anteaters were KU's 2nd round matchup instead of Auburn who caught fire at year's end...spin it Timmmmaaay...spin it ya sorry POS...

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 11:50 AM

“The SEC could arguably have the best coaches top to bottom in basketball history” Once they were told to spend big if necessary to raise basketball to the highest level. Spend some of the big TV dollars on coaches and facilities. Going to be harder to win the SEC in basketball than football. Kentucky will be passed in all time wins. You look at the records and Kentucky has a far higher winning %. In fact we could lose 35 a year for 4-5 years to drop to the same number of losses and % would equal out. Go Big Blue!
I know Phog will be wildly cheering on my Wildcats. I watched Calipari emotionally laying a reef on Adolph Rupp’s grave with 90 year old Joe B Hall beside him. (Cal wiped a tear away, or at least pretended) before his trip to KC.

SEC Coaching
Posted by: tmcats

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 11:55 AM

best in history?

wade done at lsu for cheatin' and gettin' caught
pearl probably done at auburn for cheatin' - assistant now a fbi stool
frank bought a final4, 1-7 to dance, and assistant now a fbi stool
kennedy fired at aTm

maybe crookest in ncaa history.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: tmcats
best in history?

wade done at lsu for cheatin' and gettin' caught
pearl probably done at auburn for cheatin' - assistant now a fbi stool
frank bought a final4, 1-7 to dance, and assistant now a fbi stool
kennedy fired at aTm

maybe crookest in ncaa history.

I don’t have time to list Big 12 -2 cheats. The SEC is a strong stable conference. If Texas were to leave the Big 12 is history, that is why the others cave to their demands. Kansas, OU, and Texas find a spot in a Power 5. Maybe Tech?

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 08:24 PM

You got time to list other worthless boolsheat...especially concerning the biggest cheat of all time one Mr. Calismelly... I am positive you have all the free time in the world except when you have to check on the fire under your still.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 10:14 PM

You got something against moonshine? It’s good!
Posted by: JimWest

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 10:54 PM

This thread is boring.

Re: 4 SEC job openings - 03/28/19 11:57 PM

It is now since toothy fruity showed up..