Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 2

Posted by: rockchalkjjjhawk

Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 2 - 03/24/19 11:12 PM

14 Nike/Jordan schools
2 Under Armour

Quite the monopoly on the big stage.
Posted by: SFBayhawk

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 03:02 AM

Partially that reflect absolute numbers and the "family" atmosphere. No question that both are corruptions.
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 09:06 AM

Probably the most boring uneventful first weekend I can ever remember. Not one top 3 seed lost this weekend. Snooze.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 04:38 PM

We keep hearing Nike and associates are slated to have their turn in the frying pan. So far it's just been talk. But sheesh, if SFBayhawk can return with an appearance here after an eternity anything is possible!
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Probably the most boring uneventful first weekend I can ever remember. Not one top 3 seed lost this weekend. Snooze.

Thats what your wife does when you try to slip your 3 inches in for 12 seconds...ZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted by: Jaycat92

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 05:39 PM

This was the most lopsided bracketology ever. This was set up for an all ACC final with Duke and UNC.
Possibly an all ACC Final 4 even!

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 05:46 PM

Of course it was...lol...but have they ever played each other in the title game...I dont think so...

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 06:05 PM

I do know this... I now have a paltry sum in the PNW attached to Michigan State & Izzo's success. Hopefully they don't censor Izzo for any tirade against nice young men like they did Mark Mangino. But no other place could have a corruption like Lew Perkins. LP's son-in-law is reassuringly still on the house salary.

My MSU girl just laughed when I asked about Izzo's tirade. It came in way under their corporate house physician.

Can that passive-aggresive Cansucker come back with his postulate why Cauley-Stein didn't play at KU. Someone has gotta explain to that guy concepts like free will and maybe the kid wanted to get outta town. Not everyone likes to in-breed like Cansuckme.

Title game? Tar Holes vs. Puke? Who's little Dukie Vitalee going to root for?

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 06:10 PM

Speaking of corruption: "Federal prosecutors in New York and California have charged celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti with extortion and bank and wire fraud.

In the New York case, Avenatti was charged with attempting to extort more than $20 million in payments from Nike by threatening to use his ability to garner publicity to inflict substantial financial and reputational harm on the company if his demands were not met.

How could you inflict financial or reputational harm on a shoe company? An empty threat.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 06:18 PM

The Alabama AD cited ongoing federal and NCAA investigations to emphasize his desire to hire someone with a strong compliance record.

Byrne says: "We want to make sure we keep the University of Alabama's reputation at the forefront of what we do."

WHOA!!!! And with a picture of Steve Prom. More Hilton Magic?

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/25/19 06:34 PM

Dude I dont mind what you are trying to preach but you are already over the top and a bit whacky. In other words slow your roll..I realize you are a transplanted Kansan living in the biggest homeless west coast city...but frankly the participants around here dont care about all that..

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 08:32 AM

Point taken. I always presume, even in the square states, that people can read complete paragraphs. Otherwise they are being patronized. Personally I just skip stuff if it's unrelenting. And then try to not slay a messenger.

Appyhawk has good substance and compressed style.

It's hard being the eldest.
Posted by: JimWest

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: SFBayhawk

How could you inflict financial or reputational harm on a shoe company? An empty threat.

Hold a press conference where he provides evidence that Nike was paying players in college, a la Adidas. FBI investigation follows. Stock price drops.

Very simple concept.

If you noticed, Nike has already suffered reputational harm in the last two months with one of their shoes blowing out on Zion's foot. Your premise that somehow shoe companies do not have reputations to maintain is ridiculous.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 09:45 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michael-ave...-224255687.html

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 09:48 AM

SFbayhawk and Jimbo...a match made in heaven..eerrr hell...whatever. Probably shared a room at the downtown SF YMCA..a cop..fireman..indian ...and sailor lived across the hallway ...

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 10:00 AM

Yeah, he sounds like some old washed up pseudo-hippie that can't fully reconcile the fact that he, indeed, sold out to "the man" just like everyone else. He's the kind of guy that owns a Prius and refuses to just call it a "car" - he needs everyone to know, at all times, that he drives a Prius because, ironically, only through his commercial purchase of a product from a massive international conglomerate can he signal the lie to those around him that he is pure of heart and cares about the environment.
Posted by: madcapper

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 11:12 AM

There is more BS on here than on craigslist.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 11:34 AM

Of course there is more Bill Self on here than Craigslist...why would Bill be on Craigslist..I mean for sale " One aging balding stuttering coach from Okie...great on short drives like the regular season..tends to sputter and stall going on long uphill trips in the post season...
Posted by: madcapper

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 12:19 PM

Good one

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 04:47 PM

Now which of your crowd is "jimbo"? Actually a guy by the name of Tom Waits was at the YMCA when I was...his inspiration had collapsed without mixing with the low life.

I guess I'm not so much eco friendly, as I'm cheap and almost self sufficient. I do still use dollar bills... sorry to say. It sounds like you guys (I presume) are running out of material so you have to bark. Is the most hated remaining team, aside from Puke, Oregon? The Ducks are flagship Nike. The head of their "family".

And I hope you are right on the Nike financial repercussions. I myself wear Wolverines, so no big deal.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/26/19 06:25 PM

Whackadooo...thats you. I admit you try too hard to be different...dont do that...
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/29/19 08:43 AM

Props to Tech for carrying the Big12 flag in style. Hope they can carry on. Michigan had been one of the hotter teams in the country until Tech throttled them last night. IIRC KU is 0-5 vs Michigan in the tourney.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/29/19 09:27 AM

Supporting the Truckstop 10 after KU loses is loser mentality.
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/29/19 09:45 AM

That's nice that a BIG 12 school is moving on.

But, after watching that purdue-tenn game, the tt-michigan game was basically unwatchable.

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/29/19 04:21 PM

But they stomped your favorite team. Oh wait Sparty is your favorite team....amirite.
Posted by: AlOerter

Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 - 03/29/19 05:08 PM

Loser mentality is in the brain of the beholder JW.