2019 Recruits Signed

Posted by: Maximus

2019 Recruits Signed - 09/19/18 03:21 PM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 09/19/18 03:25 PM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 09/25/18 04:34 PM

KU Late Night

Here’s a quick look at the list that we know of today: Recent KU commitment Christian Braun (unofficially), a 4-star guard from nearby Blue Valley Northwest High; Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (5-star forward from IMG, ranked No. 10 in 2019 class); James Wiseman (5-star center from Memhpis, ranked No. 2 in 2019 class); Cassius Stanley (4-star shooting guard ranked No. 31 in 2019 class); R.J. Hampton (5-star point guard ranked No. 5 in 2020 class); N’Faly Dante (5-star center ranked No. 7 in 2020 class); Chandler Lawson (No. 87 in 2019 class) and Jonathan Lawson (youngest of the Lawson brothers); Isaac McBride (4-star point guard ranked No. 109 in 2019 class); Anthony Walker (4-star power forward ranked No. 76 in 2019 class); Ty Berry (3-star point guard ranked No. 121 in 2020 class); and Bryce Thompson (4-star shooting guard ranked No. 66 in 2020 class). Asked if he got the sense that Late Night meant something to these recruits, Garrett, who did not visit Kansas for Late Night, said: “Oh yeah. Of course. I feel like when recruits come to Late Night they have fun, they like the atmosphere, the fans and things like that and we get to spend time with them, have a little fun, play video games.”

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 10/02/18 08:23 AM

The ability at the end of the game for a point guard that separates them.

End of the video, the opposing team hits a three to go ahead around 10 seconds left then Isaacs team gets him the ball for the shot, knocks down a three to win the game.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 10/02/18 08:26 AM

Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 10/02/18 12:06 PM

4 year players are my favorite.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 10/02/18 05:50 PM

No surprise here folks....michhawk is like a broken record....hey dum dum...KU has only 2 seniors...and only one will start.....maybe.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 10/21/18 02:27 AM

It's looking good for KU this season.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 11/01/18 03:03 PM

Recruit Target Prospects

Precious Achiuwa
KU does very well with players from MONTVERDE, FL
MONTVERDE ACADEMY.

Matthew Hurt
Cole Aldrich was also from Minnesota.

Karen McDaniels

James Wiseman
Memphis kid where KU does well in recruiting. Lawson brothers could help in the recruiting.

Vanessa Decker

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 11/01/18 06:17 PM

Is that your sister Maxey???..Big Bum...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 02/02/19 12:56 PM

Matthew Hurt is at the Texas Tech game. Possible verbal.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/01/19 11:00 AM

Matthew Hurt to announce on April 19 with LO with Duke, Kansas, North Carolina or Kentucky.

Posted by: Jaycat92

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/02/19 06:10 PM

Whats the odds we sign Hurt?

None
Slim to none
moderate
high
Posted by: madcapper

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/02/19 06:37 PM

None

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/02/19 09:19 PM

Moderate...but he looks like a K Butt boy in the venre of Schyer...Laettner....Riddick....etc...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/05/19 07:11 PM

High

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/06/19 09:41 AM

I hope so...because so far the pickings been slim...I really hope Dok and Grimes stay. I realize Dedric is gone...
Posted by: moose1

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/06/19 01:34 PM

No way Grimes is going. I bet Dok stays too. He did not show the NBA scouts what he needed to. Lawson is gone, but I am good with that. He was fairly soft, and for the type of player he was he couldn't shoot the 3. I think KU had some injuries and some mismatched players last year. Time to reboot building around the young kids, and build a team that makes sense.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/06/19 05:05 PM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/06/19 10:36 PM

If someone says that Grimes will be a first rounder or early second rounder in the draft, then he will go. Dok is in the same category. Would we blame Dok for going since he is injury prone?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/07/19 03:47 PM

No...but for the same reason why would any NBA team risk a draft pick for him. Embiid had a tremendous higher upside...I forget what pick he was but it was top 10...Dok might be 50th at best.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/08/19 04:18 PM

Ask ya all a question.....Who was better as a freshmen, Selby or Grimes? Selby left for the draft, and never was seen again......Could this be Grimes?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/08/19 06:14 PM

Grimes..He tried at least...Selby was a no show except for the Indiana game...and Grimes wasnt #1 Rivals...Selby probably the biggest bust ever as a touted recruit...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/09/19 05:10 PM

Kansas is far from done though, between transfers and uncommitted 2019 recruits.

Five-star Matthew Hurt has been a major target of KU for a while, and is set to decide later this month. His fellow McDonald’s All-American Precious Achiuwa is also reportedly considering Kansas, but remains uncommitted.

Christina Lucci
Posted by: Jman1

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/09/19 06:58 PM

Holy Christus,
Are you a back surgeon, Maximus? If not send her to me, I'll take care of that without the surgery, of course.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/09/19 08:17 PM

2 inches and 15 seconds wont cover that little man...lol
Posted by: elan71

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/10/19 05:20 PM

It's looking like we are need of some Darrell Arthur type intervention to get any of them at this point!

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/11/19 10:11 AM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/11/19 10:18 AM

Grimes and Self NBA marketing for 5 Star Feature: Precious Achiuwa - Montverde Academy Forward

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/13/19 04:57 PM

The latest graduate transfer news involves a player coming to visit the KU men's basketball program in Lawrence.

TJ Holyfield, who last played for Stephen F. Austin, came out with a list of schools he will visit as he looks to transfer from the university. Among that list was the University of Kansas, which has found itself in a final five of sorts.

"Happy to announce I'll be visiting Kansas University!" Holyfield tweeted.

Miami, Oregon, Texas Tech and Illinois are the other four in Holyfield's five, and he said he plans to visit each school. He did not play last season while recovering from an injury, and thus he is a graduate transfer with one year left to play.

Stephen F. Austin’s T.J. Holyfield Holyfield is an Albuquerque native that stands at 6-8, 220 and put up 12.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.1 steals, and 1.3 blocks per game in ’17-18.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/14/19 10:31 PM

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/the-r-j-hampton-blog-down-to-four-reclassifying-possibility-and-more

Little Elm (Texas) junior point guard R.J. Hampton is one of the top players in the country, regardless of class, with a who’s who of college suitors to match his five-star status. Recently, Hampton was named first team ALL-USA and cut his list to four: Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Memphis. Hampton, who is ranked No. 2 overall in USA Today Sports’ Chosen 25 for 2020, has agreed to give USA TODAY exclusive access into his world by chronicling everything from his recruitment to his everyday life in a blog.

What’s up guys it’s R.J. Hampton back here with a new blog!

Well, I’m officially down to four; in no order I’m down to Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Memphis. I cut TCU because the main coach that was recruiting me was Corey Barker and he’s not there anymore. I just decided to focus on these four at this point.

With Kansas the main thing I like is the culture and the family vibe that Coach (Bill) Self and Coach (Jerrance) Howard have presented to me. They’ve been there since my freshman year and I love what they have going on.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/18/19 08:33 AM

https://theblacksheeponline.com/kansas/university-kansas-7-sexiest-alumni

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/...t-nebraska-more

If Kansas does miss on Matthew Hurt and Cassius Stanley it could go the small-ball route. The Jayhawks are in a very good spot with RJ Hampton, a five-star junior who will likely reclassify into the 2019 class this summer. Devon Dotson will most likely return for his sophomore year after putting his name into the NBA Draft last week, as could Quentin Grimes . Another season of Marcus Garrett and Ochai Agbaji , along with the enrollments of Rivals150 guards Isaac McBride and Christan Braun should make for a relatively deep perimeter. A healthy Udoka Azubuike , a final year from Mitch Lightfoot and a fully eligible Silvio De Sousa, along with Precious Achiuwa or Tristan Enaruna - and maybe a transfer of some sort - and the Jayhawks are in a much better spot than many might believe.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 08:17 AM

KU Graduate Transfer List

1. Kerry Blackshear, Jr. graduated from Virginia Tech. At 6’10, 250 pounds,averaged 14.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, .8 blocked shots, and hit 54.5 percent, converted on 81percent of his free throw attempts. Second-team All-ACC player has also declared for the NBA Draft, the to test the waters there, and might still consider returning to college.

2. Jaylen Fisher, shoots over 40% from 3 point land and might transfer with Jamie Dixon leaving TCU.

TCU Pi Phi

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Maximus

1. Kerry Blackshear, Jr. graduated from Virginia Tech. At 6’10, 250 pounds,averaged 14.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, .8 blocked shots, and hit 54.5 percent, converted on 81percent of his free throw attempts. Second-team All-ACC player has also declared for the NBA Draft, the to test the waters there, and might still consider returning to college.

2. Jaylen Fisher, shoots over 40% from 3 point land and might transfer with Jamie Dixon leaving TCU.

I would accept both of these kids for sure.

Where is Jamie Dixon going?
Posted by: tmcats

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 08:59 AM

never thought i'd see this board turn into an iowa state-like transfer u platform. astonishing, actually. the noise is obviously having its effect.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 12:14 PM

We are merely mentioning available grad transfers ...why you are relating that to being Iowa St like is beyond me and beyond a competent line of thinking. Dementia..Parkinson's..delayed Agent Orange effects may be to blame. Almost anyone would take a grad transfer with Blackshears ability. Take your snake oil selling show elsewhere. It will no longer work here
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

UCLA
Posted by: SFBayhawk

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/19/19 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

UCLA

Maybe someone should tell Mick Cronin.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/22/19 01:29 PM

For once I think Maxi has a pretty solid take on it. We're gonna be fine.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/22/19 03:33 PM

Graduate transfer TJ Holyfield, who last played for Stephen F. Austin is a shot blocker that would be good on defense. Very comparable to former transfer to Kansas, Kevin Young.

T.J. Holyfield video phootage.

Amia Miley

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/22/19 03:47 PM

Precious Achiuwa or R.J. Hampton could verbal and replace Kansas forward Dedric Lawson in the starting lineup.

Taylor Vixen

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/23/19 06:40 PM

Duke gets Stanley also..gave his moms a job. How is it that program is never investigated.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/23/19 08:53 PM

"Precious Achiuwa or R.J. Hampton could verbal and replace Kansas forward Dedric Lawson in the starting lineup."

Precious could do Lawson's spot, but Hampton would fill Grimes role, in the case Grimes does not return. Would like to see both say "yes to KU", but if I had to pick only one it would be Hampton. Kid is unreal. By the same token I valued Cassius over Hurt. Why? We're gonna be fine in the paint this year. We need a do anything guy that can shoot the lights out. That guy is Hampton, who can guard at 4 to 1, play point, go to the rim, or shoot from outside. He can do it all at a high level.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/23/19 10:07 PM

I think we get one of those two. Dont count out Braun not being a knock down shooter. He should be 6 ft 7 by next season.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/26/19 08:07 AM

Johnny Juzang is also reclassifying. Kansas is on the list.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/26/19 09:36 AM

Looks like UK for him...I didn't see where he had any interest in Kansas...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 04/28/19 09:48 PM

https://throughthephog.com/2019/04/28/kansas-recruiting-two-targets-jayhawks-radar/
Tristan Enaruna, the No. 94 player on ESPN’s 100 list, took an official visit to Kansas on Sunday. The power forward is listed at 6-foot-8 on ESPN, but his high school listed him as a 6-foot-10 forward.

According to the Kansas City Star, Enaruna’s high school coach confirmed his height at 6-foot-10.

Enaruna may be the biggest mystery among the top-100 players. From the Netherlands-his mother is from Netherland while his father is from Nigeria-Enaruna has not made many team’s radars but, after a terrific showing at a Basketball Without Borders event, Enaruna could make noise in the recruiting season.

Enaruna played high school basketball at Wasatch Academy in Mount Pleasant, Utah. He arrived in America during his junior season.

He is listed as a power forward but played each of the five positions during his high school years. He can stretch the floor, which is an area the Jayhawks strongly need.

The forward named Creighton, Miami and Kansas has his final three schools. However, he is receiving looks from universities such as Duke, Texas and Kentucky as well.

Enaruna could be the best option to replace forward Dedric Lawson, as he can score from seemingly anywhere on the court. He will need to work on getting rebounds at a high level, but with coaching from one of the greatest in the game, there is no reason he could not learn to hustle to boards.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/02/19 04:53 PM

McDonald’s All-American Precious Achiuwa still not decided..... KU mom is relevant.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...ort/3477490002/

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/02/19 05:38 PM

KU mom?????

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/03/19 07:39 AM

Per Eric Bossi;

TRISTAN ENARUNA NEARING END OF HIS RECRUITMENT

By the time you read this, undecided four-star forward Tristan Enaruna
will be wrapping up his official visit to Kansas. The visit was his third and final after previous trips to Miami and Creighton.

With his visits out of the way, I would expect a decision to be coming in very soon. Kansas has gone strong on Enaruna since getting involved during the winter, got the last chance to impress him and offers the blueblood pedigree. Creighton has been recruiting him the longest, has established a deep relationship and plays a wide-open style on offense. Miami, well the Canes are known for coaching, have the great weather, are in need of a difference maker in their frontcourt.

Though Miami snuck in and surprised everybody when it landed four-star guard Harlond Beverly
, I think the Hurricanes are on the outside looking in on this one -- though a few sources told me that his visit to Coral Gables was strong so I'm not completely counting them out. I see this one coming down to Creighton and Kansas and I would expect a decision to be forthcoming in the very near future. At the beginning of the late signing period I predicted Kansas and as of today I’m sticking with that prediction but it is far from the most confident pick I’ve ever made and it’s almost a 50-50 proposition between him landing in Lawrence or Omaha.

Whoever gets him is getting a heck of a pickup. Currently ranked No. 105 nationally, look for Enaruna to make a giant leap when we finalize the 2019 rankings next week. At around 6-foot-9 with athleticism and skill, he should be considered a legitimate top-50 type recruiting score for whichever program lands him.

Business owner, student, mom

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/03/19 07:49 AM

KU Mom: Tyshawn Taylor's Mom

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/03/19 08:57 AM

Ok then...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/05/19 08:22 AM

Rayjon Tucker, a graduate transfer from Little Rock averaged 20.3 points per game and 6.7 rebounds per game last year. Tucker has already added his name to the NBA draft pool.

The basketball game of Dr. J, who was Julius Erving.

Could be Jayhawk bound.... visited two days ago. Tucker has already visited Auburn, Iowa State, Memphis, and West Virginia. UNC has interest in him.

https://twitter.com/tak3flighttuck?lang=en

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/06/19 06:27 PM

KU could land a couple good recruits soon:

4 Star Tristan Enaruna 6'9 F - National Rank #79
5 Star R.J. Hampton 6'5 G - National Rank #6
5 Star Precious Achiuwa 6'9 F - National Rank #14
Grad Transfer & NBA prospect Rayjon Tucker 6'4 G

Other with KU not a favorite are:

John Juzang G - National Rank #24
Boogie Ellis G - National Rank #34

Alexa Loren

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/08/19 08:45 AM

Achiuwa moved to the United States from Nigeria.

Posted by: B_of_H

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/08/19 12:38 PM

as of right now we look to be:

Dotson (probable)
Garrett
Agbaji
Lightfoot
Azuibuke

Enaruna might be a stretch 4 off the bench for lightfoot. We all want him to play the 3 but we'll have to wait and see. Self seems to bring in a lot of tweeners and force them to play the 4.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/08/19 04:22 PM

Hellz no...RJ and BRAUN WILL BE ON DAT FLOOR SUCKA WITH A BIG HELPING OF MCCORMACK...BOOM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/08/19 05:15 PM

Starting Lineup
Silvio De Sousa or David McCormack
Udoka Azubuike
Quentin Grimes
R.J. Hampton/ Rayjon Tucker
Devon Dotson

Precious Achiuwa could start if he sign and is good enough to outplay David McCormack.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/08/19 05:49 PM

Grimes will not return to old KU...
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/09/19 02:20 PM

Still possible to see Silvio back for a season here.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/09/19 04:55 PM

No

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/10/19 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Still possible to see Silvio back for a season here.

Probably as not going to be a NBA lottery pick this year.

80s supermodel trubute. Known now as the Supers, the larger-than-life model pack fronted by Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer and Christy Turlington

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/10/19 09:22 AM

Dotson is a probable return. Grimes is gone and Silvio? i'm putting his chances as 10% to return. Our roster is pretty solid right now assuming Dotson comes back. If no Dotson we are royally screwed.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/10/19 05:31 PM

Occasional B o H understands...nobody else can....why is that???

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/11/19 09:51 AM

Grimes is probably not coming back, but if so that is the dumbest decision in the world.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/11/19 10:01 PM

Rayjon Tucker going to Memphis is close to home and would have less playing time with Tristan Enaruna. Signing of R.J. Hampton would be wonderful and Precious Achiuwa will have less scoring opportinity in Memphis now. KU's chances of getting Precious Achiuwa increased with Tucker going to Memphis.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/12/19 12:24 AM

How many slots does Memphis even have left? Can they take a Hampton or Achiuwa? The answer is probably that they would find a way to make it work but That is easier said than done.
Posted by: AlOerter

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/12/19 09:15 AM

I am predicting RJ Hampton to the Jayhawks. Precious, probably not.
Posted by: TheStarhawk

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/13/19 06:34 AM

Isaiah Moss looking at Kansas. Iowa player. I believe he is a grad transfer. 6 foot 5 inches. 42 percent from 3s.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/14/19 04:59 PM

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/5-star-sf-precious-achiuwa-announces-decision-timeline

“Committing this weekend … Stay tuned,” Achiuwa, the No. 17-rated player in the recruiting Class of 2019 by Rivals.com, wrote on Instagram.

Granny Monik

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/15/19 04:08 AM

Precious to Memphis I'm afraid. Whats wrong with him, though!... Memphis isn't a perennial contender. They might have a good year next year, they might not. It takes more than assembling a bunch of good players on a team for it to click. Penny is a respectable coach. But If Precious wants to win, got to come to KU. We are the winningest program of the decade. You can't take that away from us even if we play in a supposed weak conference. These kids, just flat out don't care about winning. bunch of egos prima donnas get to the league first mentality. immediate gratification. scruwww him. honestly. don't want him anymore. very disappointing because I felt he would be a great fit. but things changed I guess.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/17/19 04:53 PM

Jalen Wilson, who initially chose Michigan over Kansas and others in college basketball recruiting, has asked to be release from his scholarship with KU the favorite.

Chrystal Swift

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/17/19 09:09 PM

Tristan's brother, Iyen Hendrix Jr Enaruna, plays at Cloud County Community College and was also on the Dutch National Team. Could be a preferred walk on for KU this year or next year.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/17/19 09:14 PM

R.J. Hampton has eliminated Memphis Tigers from his final four list after former Duke commit Boogie Ellis signed with Memphis. Memphis is a preseason top 5. Hampton will picked between KU, Kentucky, Texas Tech, and Baylor.

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/05/17/star-recruit-drops-tigers-final-list/

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/17/19 09:33 PM

It will be Kentucky....sigh...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/18/19 04:04 PM

Kansas rarely ranks in the top five of recruiting classes — the last time was 2013, when Andrew Wiggins, Wayne Seldon and Joel Embiid highlighted the No. 2 group — but they almost always get at least one five-star.

This class could be the first since 2012 the Jayhawks don’t get one – unless a late commit like Hampton comes aboard.

“They were the first Blue Blood program to offer me and Coach Self and Coach Jerrance have really been there from the beginning,” Hampton wrote in his USA TODAY blog last month.

“They keep preaching that if I come there I can be their go-to guy that can get them back to the Final Four and win a national title.”

R.J. Hampton

Opinion poll at the link have KU and Texas Tech ties for Hampton recruit.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/20/19 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER

I'm very confident now RJ comes here. He posted on IG some very positive KU stuff the other day... It does worry me that he keeps changing up his final 4 schools. but I think he is coming here. pretty safe to say.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/20/19 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk

I'm very confident now RJ comes here. He posted on IG some very positive KU stuff the other day... It does worry me that he keeps changing up his final 4 schools. but I think he is coming here. pretty safe to say.

Kentucky PG Ashton Hagans returns for Kentucky. R.J. Hampton would come off the bench, and would start for Kansas.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/early_entry/by_year

“I’m thinking that he may visit Kansas with Jalen [Wilson],” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

Wilson is scheduled to go to Kansas from May 30 to June 1st. Hampton added that it wasn’t definitive, and that Wilson and his son are best friends, but they both ended to make their college choices separately.

Grimes has until June 10 to withdraw from the NBA Draft and return to KU.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball...uard-132181628/

Rachelle Ryerson

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/20/19 05:09 PM

No mas on Grimey....dont want him back...no heart...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/21/19 03:41 PM

Did Grimes kick your dog in the nuts or something? I don't get the hate for him. Yeah he was not as advertised and had a rough year. He was a freshman though, and that happens, especially under Self. I don't think he does a great job getting the most out of freshman. I don't see how you say he doesn't have any heart. He was a decent defender, and gave effort on both ends. To me that shows he has some heart. I don't recall watching him play, and say that kid is just slacking out there.

I for one would like to see him come back, and see what he does.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/21/19 03:44 PM

If KU gets Hampton and Wilson I would really like this class. It would be filled with 4 star kids who are quality players, but probably not a danger of declaring for the draft after one year. I think KU could really build around a group like that. Having one 5 star one and done type with all the 4 star kids I think would be a nice balance. You get some top end play, and then a group to build around.

If Coach Self does get those two players it would be really pulling a rabbit out of a hat, and making it a REALLY nice class.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/21/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: moose1

Did Grimes kick your dog in the nuts or something? I don't get the hate for him. Yeah he was not as advertised and had a rough year. He was a freshman though, and that happens, especially under Self. I don't think he does a great job getting the most out of freshman. I don't see how you say he doesn't have any heart. He was a decent defender, and gave effort on both ends. To me that shows he has some heart. I don't recall watching him play, and say that kid is just slacking out there.

I for one would like to see him come back, and see what he does.

Its simple dum dum. If you have any of our last yrs games on video...rewatch them... Outside of game 1 bs Sparty where he performed as advertised he often looked bored with lack of effort in most others. He argued with Self often....Good riddance I say...he will do nothing in the league...I will bet you 500 or more on that. ..cmon sucka...lol you also stated you dont remember watching him play that much. I watched every single game...he was over rated..

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/24/19 02:53 PM

Things i've heard about grimes:

went from 6% BF to 11% in his first semester on campus. Was struggling to throw down dunks in practice by December that he easily threw down in October. Barely made any progress in the weight room all year.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 07:57 AM

I believe Hampton will be a Jayhawk. Wilson will probably wait to see about Grimes.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 08:45 AM

I guess who would you would rather want Grimes or Wilson? I am torn if Grimes wants to be here I don’t want to give up on him and I think he can be a good player. Yet I like what I have seen from Wilson and after last year I don’t necessarily trust Grimes.

Phogusher no need for you to respond we all know your thoughts on Grimes.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 09:14 AM

It doesnt matter what my feelings are concerning Grimes...he just aint coming back and thats all on him....

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 06:45 PM

I like Wilson's length and unselfish play. He has good handles for a guy his size and tremendous court awareness to go along with good passing skills. A decent shooter.

Grimes shooting problems go beyond just confidence. If you watch his misses they are not just short or long, they are left and right and all over the place. We saw flashes of what he can do but he may just be another tweener that's good at most things but not great at any of them.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 08:06 PM

Again discus head...Grimes aint coming back...PERIOD..EXCLAIMATION POINT...Top of the muffin...TO YOU...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 08:17 PM

Again discus head...Grimes aint coming back...PERIOD..EXCLAIMATION POINT...Top of the muffin...TO YOU...

Dude STFU! We know what you think let us talk a$$hole! You’re just as bad as Timmy.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/25/19 08:39 PM

No I am not...unlike Timmay I could bust you up. Grimes just aint coming back. Why would you want him back. Dotson and Hampton would be a better backcourt...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 10:01 AM

“I’m thinking that he may visit Kansas with Jalen [Wilson],” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

Wilson is scheduled to go to Kansas from May 30 to June 1st. Hampton added that it wasn’t definitive, and that Wilson and his son are best friends, but they both ended to make their college choices separately.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball...uard-132181628/

Matt Tait posted on http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2019/may/24/rj-hampton-sets-date-for-college-announc/ "The time has come," Hampton Tweeted. "Watch Get Up ESPN on Tuesday, May 28. I have an announcement to make."

I think he is choosing Texas Tech and replacing Jarrett Culver in the starting lineup and staying in the state of Texas.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 10:40 AM

I'm still thinking KU for Hampton. He could beat out anyone for his spot and KU has a much better chance making final 4 than TTU to repeat IMHO.

I think Self got defense envy watching Tech last year and will crack the whip on the boys this year defensively.

Gusher - maybe Grimes doesn't come back or maybe he does. I don't think he is irredeemable. Last season's experience along with NBA combine may make a light come on with him. And remember, I've got a discus with your name on it.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 12:18 PM

I want Grimes back for several reasons.

1) I don't like giving up on top 10 guys. I think that sends the wrong message. It says hey come to KU, if you don't play well right away we will kick you to the curb.
2) He was not a top 10 talent for no reason. He showed well in international play. He had moments as a freshman. I just think the college lifestyle got to him. He also got into a funk that first year, and couldn't get out of it. Given a summer to refocus I think he can be a player.
3) KU has scholarship room to bring Grimes back and sign Hampton and Wilson. So why not bring him back? If he plays well great, if not he can be an athletic body that can help push other players. Plus I like the idea of increased competition in all the position groups.

If he goes fine, especially if Hampton comes, but I still think he has something to offer. KU has scholarship room, so why not bring him back?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 03:05 PM

Again Grimes didnt enjoy being at KU...but if he can contribute then I will more than welcome him back. I dont think that will happen...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 06:04 PM

Maybe you're getting older Al, but you still got power! smile
It seems to me you and Moose have this bull by the horns. I'd welcome Grimes back as though he never left. Love the kid and have been severely disappointed at the trash thrown his way by so many.
Maxy finally posted a lady I'd like to have in my home office. All this typing is wearing me out!

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 06:41 PM

Lol...yes I have thrown a lot of trash at Grimes. No I just dont think he will return..we shall see suckas.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 07:29 PM

You gonna make us look through your past posts to find where you said Silvio would never play for us again?

Oh...my bad. I see what you're doing. Playing the anti-jinx game cause deep down you really want Grimes back. Sorry I'm so slow to catch on.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/26/19 09:32 PM

Cmon appy...I said I never thought Silvio would never be released from his suspension...thats different from me saying that Grimes wont be back. I believe he wont because of my observation of him not seeming like he enjoyed his freshman year at old KU. Of course I could be wrong about that...I am still willing to bet anyone a C note that he wont and thats not because I dont want him back. The more talent the better I just dont see it happening.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 05/30/19 11:59 AM

As it stands now, Wilson has two visits lined up as he will take one to Kansas and one to UNC over the next few weeks. He’s also interested in Michigan again now that Juwan Howard has been named the coach. Those three programs appear to be the teams his most interested in but some believe his decision will come down to either the Tar Heels or Jayhawks.
https://keepingitheel.com/2019/05/28/unc-basketball-did-tar-heels-chances-for-jalen-wilson-increase/

Gabriela Giovanardi

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/01/19 01:16 PM

Quentin Grimes transferring opens a starting lineup spot.

During his Instagram Live interview, Wilson confirmed that he pretty much had settled on picking KU before he made his visit to Michigan.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/may/30/ku-target-jalen-wilson-ready-kansas-visit/

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/01/19 01:50 PM

I guess who would you would rather want Grimes or Wilson? I am torn if Grimes wants to be here I don’t want to give up on him and I think he can be a good player. Yet I like what I have seen from Wilson and after last year I don’t necessarily trust Grimes.

Bumping this just to gnaw on your hide...the Gusher was 100% correctomundo on my prediction on Grimes...BOOM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/01/19 04:10 PM

I'd like Wilson and another 3-4 star big man, a project to work with. I love these 3-4 year guys.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/01/19 05:55 PM

Ok michhawk...lol

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/01/19 07:18 PM

Jalen Wilson visits UNC on 6/3/19. UNC have Garrison Brooks Height: 6' 9" and Nassir Little Height: 6' 7" returning so KU should be the favorite unless a transfer occurs. Little started at the SF position that Jalen Wilson plays.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/02/19 03:27 AM

Bumping this just to gnaw on your hide...the Gusher was 100% correctomundo on my prediction on Grimes...BOOM

Yeah yeah yeah you were right. You even got the transfer part right. I did not see that one. With that said I do NOT think it was 100% that he wouldn’t come back. I think if Dotson had stayed in the draft Grimes would have been back.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/02/19 03:46 AM

Actually I think it was Dotson that waited to see what Grimes decided...but that would be about me being right for another day....lol..just messing with you...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/04/19 05:08 PM

Wilson will visit UNC from June 3-5. Carolina currently does not have any scholarships available for this year, however, the Tar Heels could use to add depth at the position.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/06/01/n...ade-cunningham/

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/04/19 05:33 PM

Anyone hear how his KU visit went?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 10:05 AM

I think our best bet is the Mathis kid from UNM. Time to give up on Wilson, not a good fit anyway.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 01:36 PM

Who is Mathis ehhh...who is Mathis...you still reside in P.Village BoH...looked at a rental on 70th just off Roe. Already rented...got to get out of this apartment...its plenty big enough but I need a yard for my hound...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 03:26 PM

Who is Mathis ehhh...who is Mathis...you still reside in P.Village BoH...looked at a rental on 70th just off Roe. Already rented...got to get out of this apartment...its plenty big enough but I need a yard for my hound...

https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/1135652568149975046

You would be our neighbor. PV kicks as with kids and country club membership or if you want to scope cougars at the blue moose/tavern.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: B_of_H
I think our best bet is the Mathis kid from UNM. Time to give up on Wilson, not a good fit anyway.

Not a good fit? That he's a good kid, been a Jayhawk fan his whole life, and has a good skill set aside, what is your reasoning to decide Wilson is "not a good fit"?
He seems like a great fit to me!

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 04:17 PM

I guess I should go to the Blue Moose..never been to the Tavern. Like the crimson crappy I have been banned from the Peanut on Martway..lol. There is a house on 72nd Terrace off Roe for rent..Thanks for the linkaroo...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 07:52 PM

I'm all for getting Wilson and I think we have a good chance to get him. He could give us some line up flexibility. Can play multiple positions at 6-8. Good shooter with good handles and good length. Can also guard multiple positions. YES.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/05/19 10:23 PM

It sounds like you do not want Wilson, which I don't get. I like his overall game. With that said why are you giving up on Wilson? Do you have any reports to point to?

As for Mathis I just saw he is going to sign with Oregon.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/06/19 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: appyhawk

Not a good fit? That he's a good kid, been a Jayhawk fan his whole life, and has a good skill set aside, what is your reasoning to decide Wilson is "not a good fit"?

We don't need a SF type. We already have Braun, Enaruna, Garrett, and Ochai that can play that position. I'm not saying I don't want him but we need combos that can shoot. Its not like he is an OAD type player and he is not going to play the 2 right?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/06/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: appyhawk

We don't need a SF type. We already have Braun, Enaruna, Garrett, and Ochai that can play that position. I'm not saying I don't want him but we need combos that can shoot. Its not like he is an OAD type player and he is not going to play the 2 right?

Really we are set at SF? Out of that group you can say without a doubt you have your starting 3 in there? I don't see that. I agree we need combo guards that can shoot. That said time is up who is still out there? Plus KU has 3 scholarships open. It is not like taking Wilson would prevent them taking another player if they came along. Plus from what I have seen and heard Wilson could play some 2 guard. He has a good shot, drives and finishes through contact, is a decent passer, has some decent ball handling (not great), so he has a lot of skills that would work. Is he ideal no, but with the number of scholarships KU has left, and the skills he provides he could fit in. Also a traditional combo guard might not work well with Dotson, we saw that with Grimes. Maybe having a more off the ball two works this year.

Bottom line he is a talented kid, there are spots so why not take him?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/06/19 02:11 PM

I'm saying its not a good fit because we have big guards who can't dribble and are streaky shooters already. this is not rocket science. Kid is not going to be able to jump in and beat out Garrett for instance at the 2. If he was that good he wouldn't be ranked 60th in his class.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/06/19 04:25 PM

I'm saying its not a good fit because we have big guards who can't dribble and are streaky shooters already. this is not rocket science. Kid is not going to be able to jump in and beat out Garrett for instance at the 2. If he was that good he wouldn't be ranked 60th in his class.

So we are going to turn down a good player, who is a better shooter NOW than Garrett. Who from what I can see can dribble, and has some decent passing skills on the interior because why?

Per Inside Carolina "Roy Williams and his coaching staff are fond of Wilson's versatility, along with his rebounding ability and moxie. He's a strong shooter, solid ball handler, and the staff feels he can play and guard positions '2' through '4,' according to sources."

Then there is this from the Phog from Coach Beilein "He is a strong, physical wing with the ability to score in a variety of ways," Beilein said through a release. "His versatility gives him the ability to play multiple positions on offense, and his strength allows him to be able to come in and be an impact defender. He has continued to improve in many areas since we have been recruiting him. With his attitude, work ethic and skill set we cannot wait for him to arrive."

We have the scholarships and he could be useful not only next year but in the future. This is NOT rocket science. You don't turn down those kids, especially when there is NO downside. What does the kid have to be in the top 10 for you to want him? You would have probably said no to Mason and Graham as well.

Look I get it. If KU had only one scholarship left I would probably hold off to try to get a better fit such as Kyree Walker, with three scholarships though why not add him. It just adds depth an competition.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/07/19 09:56 AM

We got 3 schollies to give. We are running out of options. It would be tremendous if we could get a youngster of this kids caliber this late in the game.

When was the last time we had this many open schollies this late.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/07/19 01:01 PM

For some reason when I said it was time to stop worrying about wilson and that he isn't a good fit right now. that got translated into 'we dont' want him' then 'we should pull his scholy offer'. I lol'd.

if we get him then great but i'm not going to worry about it and I'm not sure it addresses our most vital need.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/07/19 01:50 PM

What about the 3* big man from overseas they are interested in?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/08/19 09:52 AM

Jalen Wilson on his twitter account announced on Wednesday, June 12th, at 2pm he will make his college choice.

"Billions," the character Wendy Rhoades, an in-house hedge fund psychiatrist played by Maggie Siff, may seem to know. Taylor Mason does know.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
Isaiah Moss looking at Kansas. Iowa player. I believe he is a grad transfer. 6 foot 5 inches. 42 percent from 3s.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2019/6/7/1...nsas-basketball

Moss is 6'5 and would big a big asset to Kansas. As of now, sophomore Ochai Agbaji and junior Marcus Garrett are the only two wings on the team with any college experience. Agbaji started strong after his redshirt was pulled last year, only to fade as March approached. Garrett is a great on ball defender whose lack of shooting can put the offense in a tough spot. Moss is a decent defender, doesn't turn it over too much, and can make plays for others here and there. Though his 2 point shooting is concerning (38% last year), about a third of his shots were two point jumpers, and he hit only about a third of them. In KU's offense he likely wouldn't be asked to create 2 point looks, and could focus on perimeter shooting where he excels (42% on 114 attempts)

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 09:24 AM

That would be great to get that dude...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 04:39 PM

Where dies ku stand with the 6'10" french man?

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 05:55 PM

Rather have a 6 ft 5 guard that can nail the 3 ball over a 6 ft 10 guy...our frontcourt is already loaded..think Mc Capper...think...hello is anybody home....say hi to your moms for me....

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 06:49 PM

All that big guy debth will be gone after this coming year so not bad idea to recruit one now. Think little phogo think.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 09:48 PM

We want the best combo for now ...tired of the waiting around crap...11 yrs since our last NC...thats inexcusable...

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/09/19 11:14 PM

I kind of like the Bilau kid. He has a more versatile skill set than a lot of big men.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/10/19 11:13 PM

I kind of like the Bilau kid. He has a more versatile skill set than a lot of big men.

Kerry Blackshear Jr. is better than Josaphat Bilau who withdraws name from NBA Draft, still in transfer portal ...... Or he just got a committable offer from Kansas

Kerry Blackshear Jr. is visiting Kentucky soon.... Probably will sign.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/12/19 11:21 PM

Kerry Blackshear Grad Transfer

Arvin says academics may play a bigger part in Blackshear's recruitment than anyone realizes.

"He's in a grad program and is looking to get his master's and there were a few schools that didn't have his master's program so the visits are to see how that would impact him," Arvin said. "I don't know the specific name of the program but that is something to look at when looking at potential landings spots."

https://hokiesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9316
Majoring in public relations

School of Public Affairs and Administration
Wescoe Hall
1445 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 4060
Lawrence, KS 66045
785-864-3527
http://kupa.ku.edu/

Graduate Programs

We offer several options for graduate students. We have two masters programs, one in public administration, and one in urban planning. We also offer a doctorate in public administration, and several graduate certificates. Our graduate programs are based at the Lawrence campus, but options for courses are available at the Edwards Campus, in Topeka, and in the new Leavenworth location. Please see each individual program for more information.

Our master of public administration program offers a City Management Fellowship for full-time students interested in careers in city management. The Fellowship is a unique blend of rigorous academic coursework at the Lawrence campus.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/13/19 10:44 AM

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 06/21/19 05:09 PM

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Lon...3861/#1222191_5

The former Big XII standout also did not hear his name called in the 2019 NBA Draft but he will have an opportunity to show his worth to the rest of the league after coming to an agreement on a deal to take part in the 2019 NBA Summer League with the Golden State Warriors. Given the injuries which the Warriors have endured over the past few weeks, coupled with the fact they have very little cap space to work with when filling out their roster for next season, Lawson could be a player that they give a serious look if he is able to perform at a high-level this summer.

Re: 2019 Recruits Signed - 07/17/19 11:22 AM

Dajuan Harris is the newest Jayhawk.