Game Day vs Cuse

Posted by: AlOerter

Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 05:34 PM

Finally started hitting some shots in first half. 14 pt lead at half. Foot on throat time in 2nd.

Malik Newman invisible man.
Posted by: jayhawkfan614

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 05:44 PM

Agreed.

So what was the deal after the technical that was called. One Graham took one free throw and Syracuse got the ball? KU got the rebound (Lightfoot), on that play, and I didn't see a foul by KU during that rebound of the missed dunk, that the technical was called on.... Also the took the team foul number down one on Syracuse right after Syracuse inbound the ball.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 05:49 PM

I was trying to figure that out too. So was Self as I saw the zebras trying to explain it to him on the sideline. Didn't notice the team foul number. Isn't always 2 shots and the ball when it's on the floor?

Anyway, 20 point lead with 18:37 left in second half.

Rock Chalk!
Posted by: jayhawkfan614

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 06:09 PM

There was another one right before the Syracuse run. The lane violation. Syracuse got the ball out of bounds....what? On a lane violation.....it wasn't possession arrow based either.....Ugh. What was the deal there?

And just to clarify I am meaning the first lane violation called..there was one called since I posted.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 06:40 PM

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what they even called. How about we don't even get into the bonus in the second half. KU's defense was good except for that one stretch when Cuse went on their run. KU would struggle mightily on offense without Graham on the floor. Did he even come out or did he play 40? Need much better play from Newman going forward. He struggles against better athletes.
Posted by: bigdogjac

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 06:42 PM

A few things we learned about this game. Dok will not be able to rebound with other players who can sky. then when he got ahold of ball, he had a hard time holding onto it.

Newman was having a hard time adjusting to quicker defenders. I'm sure he will get better as that is what he will see in the Big 12.

Self had a good game plan. Feed the ball to the void in the middle, either lob in or pass out for a 3. If open Vick had an easy shot.

Vick, Svi and Graham are players. For us to be champions Preston and newcomers will have to be a lot of help. Here's hoping they will.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 06:47 PM

Young gave us some good minutes. The most glaring stat to me, other then turnovers, was the number of offensive rebounds we gave up. That's the problem with having to go small. Syracuse isn't a typical team as they play zone so I wouldn't read much into other players like Newman struggling.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 07:12 PM

It's an awkward defense to play against. Long misses lead to offensive rebounds (which is Cuse strength). They said Cuse wasn't a good 3 pt shooting team coming in so surprised to see them jack so many up. A tribute to our D since that's mostly what was available.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 07:36 PM

Clay Young buys in to the "do no harm" theory. Good job.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 07:37 PM

We played good enough to win by 16. Should have been more. Spread was 9.5...Wimp dot netters game thread was weak. Doyel still a naysaying breatch...Cascadia still a crying gayblade...many others not much better. Like I stated a bunch of girls...Dot com is far superior.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 07:38 PM

This is the type of game that would have played right to Billy Preston's strength. He could have played high lane and knocked down those 10 - 12 ft jumpers that Vick was passing on. Shame.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 08:45 PM

Nothing to complain about. We beat a much taller undefeated team by 16 pts with Clay Young hetting heavy minutes guarding their giant. I will beeatch slap any complainers quick like.
Posted by: bigdogjac

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/02/17 10:03 PM

Young played another good game and Lightfoot did just what we need out of him,
Posted by: jahawker2004

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/03/17 05:48 AM

Lightfoot has a habit of picking up several quick fouls which prevent him from staying on the court.. Only got eight minutes out of him and Self had to play Young for 12 nimutes.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/03/17 07:57 AM

WOW! KU put on a show yesterday in Miami. The 35 point performances by Graham are really getting to be an expected thing. I really appreciate the defensive pressure I saw against Syracuse. Our bench is so good at comping the starters for some minutes.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/03/17 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Young played another good game and Lightfoot did just what we need out of him,
You mean fouls? smile

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/03/17 02:26 PM

Lightfoot needs to keep out of the leader position, which he has because we have enough leaders out there on the floor. If he doesn't do it for you, that's because you want something from him that he isn't capable of doing. He is just enough to help this team.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/03/17 06:52 PM

Nobody is arguing that fact dum dum...but if we get Preston and Silvio after the first of the year he won't see nothing but mop up minutes.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/04/17 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Nobody is arguing that fact dum dum...but if we get Preston and Silvio after the first of the year he won't see nothing but mop up minutes.
For BS, Lightfoot is a Morningstar type player. Can fill minutes any time needed.
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/04/17 09:32 AM

Who needs billy p. and The Silvio when we have The Lightfeet and Clay Young!

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/04/17 10:15 AM

You are probably goofy enough to really believe Lightfoot and Young would be more important to the team than Preston and DeSousa. Hope we get a chance to find out.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/04/17 10:42 AM

You are probably goofy enough to really believe Lightfoot and Young would be more important to the team than Preston and DeSousa. Hope we get a chance to find out.

BIRD IN THE HAND.

Re: Game Day vs Cuse - 12/04/17 10:49 AM

The Lightfeet and Clay Young have been invaluable to this team. In these first 7 games they both have been way more important to the team than billy p. and The Silvio.

We are having our chance to find out right now. We are living it.