This team is DIFFERENT!!!

Posted by: Jayhawk1952

This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/28/17 11:59 PM

The last few years it has seem like all too often our Jayhawks play down to the level of the teams we are playing. Teams we should blow out would stick around and it might be nip and tuck for quite a bit of the game. Usually we'd pull away some in the second half and maybe win by 10 points, give or take five. This team, with the exception of the UK game, is playing totally different. We are blowing away teams that might be expected to stay with us somewhat for a while. In years past the last three games would have been nip and tuck for quite a while and hopefully we'd finally get our act together and put them away. We're putting them away like they aren't very good at all. The next few games will give us a better picture of where we really are, but I'm expecting them to come out on fire and put away even the better teams we'll be facing. We've not had a team quite like this for awhile. Hopefully it will continue.
Posted by: KYBLUEBLOOD

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 03:58 AM

I think so too. Just think of adding players later on too Team plays well together. They should hsve beaten Kentucky by 16+. Just am off night shooting.

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 12:05 PM

I think that we were probably a bit uptight for that game which effected our shooting touch. I believe the guys are playing with much more confidence now.
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 12:35 PM

We been fattening up on the creampuffs since the khintuckey game. I like what I see so far. Not gonna make too much of It though.

We got us some power 5 competition with power 5 talent coming up.

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 12:47 PM

Several of the recent teams we've placed would give a lot of power five teams really good games, in fact some of them have done so. They aren't total cream puffs. My point is that in years past, we would have played down to the level of these teams and the games would not have been blowouts. In recent years we have not consistently blown out teams like this.

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 12:52 PM

I like what I see so far.

We got some power 5 teams with power 5 talent on deck.

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
I like what I see so far.

We got some power 5 teams with power 5 talent on deck.

Then we are pretty much in agreement. Here's the last three sentences of my original post:

"The next few games will give us a better picture of where we really are, but I'm expecting them to come out on fire and put away even the better teams we'll be facing. We've not had a team quite like this for awhile. Hopefully it will continue."

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 02:23 PM

power 5 teams with power 5 tallness and power 5 girth can potentially give us real problems. The Big Sophmore needs to be on the floor. We don't need him to lead us. But we need him on the floor being big.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 02:25 PM

Dang ya drone on long enough as it is....no need to repeat the drone...lol. Yeah we are playing well. Again I think its the excellent practice squad with Lawsons...Moore ..Cunliffe that could beaten most of our previous opposition...they have made the first team just this good.

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 02:41 PM

Think how much better the practice squad will be as the starters next year.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: This team is DIFFERENT!!! - 11/29/17 05:14 PM

This 6-7 260 lb. player from the football team is working out with the team this week. Hope its not an indication that Preston won't be back.