Lightfoot

Posted by: AlOerter

Lightfoot - 11/09/17 07:29 PM

So far, Lightfoot has been a little underwhelming. I know he's never going to be a dominant player, but would like to see a little more defense and rebounding from him. I want to see a little nasty streak - some attitude and toughness. Maybe like that kid from Stanford a few years back - Mad Dog (don't remember his real name).
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: Lightfoot - 11/09/17 10:19 PM

Very disappointed that he hasn't got better. Waste of a scholarship if you ask me.
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Lightfoot - 11/09/17 10:28 PM

Thankfully nobody asked you....oh snap.
Posted by: MICHHAWK

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Very disappointed that he hasn't got better. Waste of a scholarship if you ask me.

That is a little harsh "if you ask me." The kid has not evened played his first game as a sophomore and you are already declaring him a waste of a scholarship. That is a little premature "if you ask me."

Lightfeet will be an important piece of this team this year. No doubt.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 07:59 AM

The kid got no minutes last year. He is going to get more minutes before December 1 of this season, than he got all last season.

The kid is going to be an important piece to this team. No doubt. He has to be.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 10:13 AM

If he can't dominate in a division two game then how good is he really?

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 10:38 AM

Did you watch the game this past Tuesday? You can make that claim about more than just The Lightfeet.

Writing a kid off before he plays his first game of his sophomore season is very phrogmusheresque of you.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 10:42 AM

That was the children's seventh exhibition game of this exhibition season. They were bored. AFH was bored. I was bored.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 10:43 AM

I don't do that stuff beaaatchhh...yes we will need productive minutes out of Lightfoot. Damn that Coleby.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I don't do that stuff beaaatchhh..

For sure. You never jump the gun. Like when you said during the exhibition game Tuesday night that you hope we lose in the first round of the NCAA's.

You are one cool customer.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

That was the children's seventh exhibition game of this exhibition season. They were bored. AFH was bored. I was bored.
I suppose you think Svi played well also.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 02:32 PM

I suppose you think Svi played well also.

Almost no one played well on Tuesday. That is the point.

HCBS agreed the organization was out of it on Tuesday. Every player that spoke to the media agreed they were out of it on Tuesday.

I'm gonna wait some. Rather than declare him a waste of a scholly 25% into his playing career.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/10/17 05:45 PM

This team isn't even close to being good as last year and we won't even sniff a F4.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/13/17 07:23 AM

This team isn't even close to being good as last year and we won't even sniff a F4.

That's cool that you can be so sure about this team before they even play their first game of the season. How very phrogmusher of you.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/13/17 07:47 PM

I must confess I was pretty impressed for the first game and everything but it was only Tenn. St. I hope the new guy gets to play so its bye bye time for Lighthouse.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/14/17 07:50 AM

I hope the new guy gets to play so its bye bye time for Lighthouse.

Out of necessity, The Lightfeet is getting 15 minutes a game minimum. Makes no matter what Billy P. does or does not do. Our frontline goes 3 guys deep. The Lightfeet is getting his minutes.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/14/17 09:03 AM

No matter if we get Silvio or not...we need Lightfoot for some minutes. Kid has put work in and deserves some court time. It was odd that Dialio never did but thats history.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/15/17 06:42 PM

I hope the new guy gets to play so its bye bye time for Lighthouse.

Out of necessity, The Lightfeet is getting 15 minutes a game minimum. Makes no matter what Billy P. does or does not do. Our frontline goes 3 guys deep. The Lightfeet is getting his minutes.

Well I was referring to Salivia and not Preston.
Posted by: Jman1

Re: Lightfoot - 11/15/17 07:53 PM

Dude, so Mason is gone. He is an unbelievable talent. Graham obviously will be better as will Svi. DOK is VAST IMPROVEMENT over.......Oh shoot he was so good I forgot his name. Newman is an upgrade. Preston HOPEFULLY is eligible Cunliffe eligible at break will make a difference. Light Loafers Lightfoot may struggle a bit, but will be needed for the frontline depth for spot duty
Posted by: bigdogjac

Re: Lightfoot - 11/15/17 09:53 PM

I thought Lightfoot did a good job.
Posted by: Jayhawk1952

Re: Lightfoot - 11/15/17 10:16 PM

Knock Lightfoot all you want, but NO ONE plays harder. He will get better and by his junior and senior years will make a solid contribution. He might need to redshirt next year, which would be good for him and the team.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 07:24 AM

Agree 52. I would never question Lightfoot's work ethic or heart.
His physical ability and his personality (non-aggressive) are his biggest hoops hindrances so far.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 08:29 AM

The Lightfeet is going to be a serviceable 4 year player for us.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 09:47 AM

Do you want butt sex from him or what...sure he will be around for 4 yrs total. But he will get less minutes next season with that monster recruiting class coming in....probably less this yr after Silvio arrives.
Posted by: vmlb

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 12:28 PM

Hopefully he will improve more then Svi has.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Hopefully he will improve more then Svi has.

The Svi was our best player against khintuckey Tuesday night.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/16/17 06:41 PM

Wrong again...Dok was our best player. Svi had 17 pts on 18 shots. You aren't very observant.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 11:57 AM

Wrong again...Dok was our best player. Svi had 17 pts on 18 shots. You aren't very observant.

Phog, don't start tryin to get stats involved here. You, sir, are getting COMPLETELY out of line

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 12:30 PM

So you know, The Svi topped The Keegan Ratings for the khintuckey game. That is the end all be all of who played best.

Much more reliable and precise than The Phrogmusher Blubberings.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 12:50 PM

So you know, The Svi topped The Keegan Ratings for the khintuckey game. That is the end all be all of who played best.

Much more reliable and precise than The Phrogmusher Blubberings.

I agree Svi played well and we don't win without him, but we also don't win without Dok. With the unrelenting bombardment of bricks we were throwing up, Dok HAD to be rthe go to guy but we still underutilized him IMO.

Mich, you have enlightened me, though, I didn't realize Keegan was an NBA scout as well as a journalistic Shakespeare!!!

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Jman1
Mich, you have enlightened me, though, I didn't realize Keegan was an NBA scout as well as a journalistic Shakespeare!!!

And a connoisseur of chicken wings.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 01:07 PM

Of course the Dok played great.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Jman1

And a connoisseur of chicken wings.

NICE..,. A real renaissance man. I love it

Re: Lightfoot - 11/17/17 03:05 PM

And the village idiot was also known as a renaissance man. Michhawk fills that bill...dilly dilly.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/24/17 11:34 PM

Too bad that there isn't much hope for Lightfoot and that he's not going to be able to be much help for our team. He had a terrible night, only 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 fouls in 24 minutes. Horrible shooting, 3 - 3 in field goals, 1 - 1 in 3 pointers, 4 - 4 from the free throw line. Self really bad mouthed him:“I thought Mitch was probably the best player we had in the game, for sure the first half,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He was active and it always helps when you make a shot and make your free throws. I thought he was very important and played very well.” Humm, perhaps there is improvement. Maybe, just maybe, he will fit in and be some help. cool

Re: Lightfoot - 11/25/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Too bad that there isn't much hope for Lightfoot and that he's not going to be able to be much help for our team. He had a terrible night, only 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 fouls in 24 minutes. Horrible shooting, 3 - 3 in field goals, 1 - 1 in 3 pointers, 4 - 4 from the free throw line. Self really bad mouthed him:“I thought Mitch was probably the best player we had in the game, for sure the first half,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He was active and it always helps when you make a shot and make your free throws. I thought he was very important and played very well.” Humm, perhaps there is improvement. Maybe, just maybe, he will fit in and be some help. cool
Come back when he actually plays against some real talent...

Re: Lightfoot - 11/25/17 07:24 PM

Come back when he actually plays against some real talent...

While no Duke, Oakland is a good team. They are favored to win their league. Some of the commentators were surprised that we handled them so easily.They like to have a tough schedule to help make themselves better. They have an excellent chance of making the NCAA Tourney. Besides, compared to playing against similar teams, Lightfoot made some good gains. He'll never be a star, but he has the ability to be a good role player. He did that quite well last night. Even if Billy is cleared to play, we are going to need Lightfoot to step it up. He's starting to do that. I believe by the end of the season he will be a needed asset.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/26/17 09:14 AM

58 is a Debbie Downer...Lightfeet is serviceable..like Moody used to be...doubt if he gets many minutes when Preston and DeSousa becomes available.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/26/17 09:32 AM

58 is a Debbie Downer...Lightfeet is serviceable..like Moody used to be...doubt if he gets many minutes when Preston and DeSousa becomes available.

If either or both of these happen, Lightfoot will certainly become less needed, but will still be good to have around. I'm thinking that he might want to red shirt next year with the class we have coming in.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/26/17 09:41 AM

I like Lightfoot. It's good to have program guys like him around. Like Lucas, I think he will steadily improve over time. To me his biggest shortcoming at this point is his strength. More time with Hudy and sticking to his nutritional prescription will hopefully improve it. Some guys just really struggle with adding bulk and muscle.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Lightfoot - 11/26/17 10:50 AM

Less Preston, means more Lightfoot minutes early in 2017-8 which benefits him much more than Preston's need to play early season. Bench will be stronger LT this season and beyond for Self.
Posted by: Maximus

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 11:13 AM

Self isn't in Program guys. KU likes the NBA bound who are lottery picks.

Lightfoot is averaging a foul every minute the last three game. Five fouls in seven minutes against South Dakota State says "program guy," "benefit guy," "good to have around guy," " isn't much hope guy," and "not going to be able to be much help for our team guy."

Isla Fisher

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 11:34 AM

What happens going forward is anyone's best guess. But so far, through 5 games, The Lightfeet has been more productive and more valuable to the organization than that burger boy billy p.

billy p. is mimicking the career trajectory of josh shelby and clifford alexander.
Posted by: jahawker2004

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 01:15 PM

+1

And Cheick Diallo as well.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 01:29 PM

2004 agreeing with michhawk......don't do it man. Kind of ignorant. Diallo...Alexander...Selby...not similar cases in the least. Smarten up buttercups. We are supposed to be an intelligent basketball fanbase.
Posted by: jahawker2004

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 02:30 PM

Wrong, bladderbreath.

All sat for extended periods because of NCAA probes and/or infractractions.

All but Diallo for unallowed benefits.

And don't call me buttercup.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 02:31 PM

Diallo...Alexander...Selby...not similar cases in the least.

It is safe to say at this point that we do not know why KU is holding out billy p. So for you to say they are not similar is more phrogmusher blather.

You don't know why KANSAS is holding out billy p. Know one outside the athletic dept does.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 04:39 PM

Where is Josh Selby these days? Parking cars?

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 07:28 PM

He is serving 58's moms...oh snap...or michhawks wife...hell they might be the same person...double snap...lol...

Re: Lightfoot - 11/27/17 07:33 PM

Oh and I would knock 2004 the hell out. He has no clue either. But I am kind and will explain it to your respective dumasses. Diallo was a grade thing....Selby was a injury thing...and Cliff moms flat took money too early off her son's name...well like all your moms but for a different reason....Now move along morons you bore me...4..oh yeah 2004...you are indeed a buttercup....let's throw hands...hardehaharha.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/28/17 06:02 PM

He is serving 58's moms...oh snap...or michhawks wife...hell they might be the same person...double snap...lol...
I parked your mom's car...

Re: Lightfoot - 11/28/17 06:11 PM

Hey thanks...
Posted by: Maximus

Re: Lightfoot - 11/29/17 08:29 AM

Future assistant head coach.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/29/17 05:17 PM

Hey thanks...
Sorry, I meant I parked INSIDE your mom's car.

Re: Lightfoot - 11/29/17 07:07 PM

It's hand throwing time. ...ya ready...Hey you stay off my moms....I will stay out of yours....booommm.