Beaty sueing Kansas

Posted by: INation

Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/12/19 06:03 PM

LMFAO, Claims he was fired without cause. Does he not think his record was cause enough. #NeatDeal
Posted by: DrGreydog

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/12/19 07:51 PM

KU's statement says Beatty violated NCAA rules (a contract violation) . He, Beatty refused to cooperate in investigation so KU is withholding his payment.

NCAA is investigating....just what this program needed. NCAA penalties in Coach Miles first year.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/12/19 09:05 PM

Bad move by Beatty. Not only will he lose in court, how in hell could he expect to ever find employment as a coach at another school?
I think he is just insuring a lifetime of unemployment.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/12/19 10:45 PM

His latest moves remind me of his on field moves. Career killing move for Betty.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/12/19 11:30 PM

This is a 4th and whatever fake punt call deep in his own territory that he's trying to blame someone else for. But someone else has a well coached team lawyers.
Stupido.
KU ought to counter sue and force him to pay their legal fees. It's a play called 'the counter option'.
Posted by: JimWest

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 08:56 AM

For the first time in his life, Beaty is in the right here. They only found "cause" after they decided to fire him. Cause cannot be applied retroactively.

This is bad form by KU and they should pay him what he is owed. The villain here is BGL who gave him the ridiculous contract.
Posted by: tmcats

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 09:24 AM

Ku athletics must have run out of cash to pull this kind of a shiz on Homer.

Posted by: beenahawk

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JimWest
For the first time in his life, Beaty is in the right here. They only found "cause" after they decided to fire him. Cause cannot be applied retroactively.

This is bad form by KU and they should pay him what he is owed. The villain here is BGL who gave him the ridiculous contract.

I tend to agree about the retroactive "cause" being applied. On the surface that sounds bad, however we don't actually know how the contract is worded, so one could assume that the lawyers feel they have the grounds to put the funds in the escrow account and let the investigation run it's course. If the NCAA or Big XII does settle on any sanctions against grid program due to this investigation....Beaty shouldn't get a nickel!

In any event, Beaty cost KU Football far more than $3 million in lost ticket revenue and WEF funds during his absolutely miserable tenure as Head Coach. perhaps lawsuits against BGL and Zenger for malfeasance should be considered? smirk
Posted by: used_cars

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 01:16 PM

Give the guy his money. It is KU that looks bad here. Its hard enough to lure football talent to KU. Don't hold back contractual payments. More people want to hire Beatty than want to coach KU. Our basketball team is under more scrutiny than football but Self's checks are still clearing the bank

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 02:49 PM

I am having trouble understanding why KU should Beatty 3 million dollars if he in deed violated NCAA rules.

I can't say for sure, but I would strongly suspect there is a clause in his contract that says he will cooperate with any investigation of the program.

Non cooperation is/should be grounds for with holding the money.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 03:11 PM

I'm with you in principle but when is the NCAA not investigating? What is the charge against Beatty?

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 03:14 PM

pay the man
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 03:43 PM

Yes...pay him..they paid Derp...they paid fat boy Weiss...now pay the local guy...only right thing to do.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 03:47 PM

The only guy fired for just cause was the best coach we ever had. Sucks to be us.
Posted by: track

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Yes...pay him..they paid Derp...they paid fat boy Weiss...now pay the local guy...only right thing to do.

We will soon be investigated by the NCAA regarding our b-ball ....doubt they will withhold any money during the investigation from b-ball coaches. Pay the man and move the hell on. Beaty should be in our past not part of the present and future.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/13/19 09:33 PM

The idea of Kansas bbl being investigated soon is a IMO, right? Betty has a cloud over him, money is in escrow, his violations are still unknown by the posts here. Arm chair lawyers!!
Posted by: Kman_blue

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/14/19 12:28 PM

I don't like it.

You have to figure or at least hope KU feels there are solid grounds to be withholding his payments for now, otherwise this is just a bad PR move with a lot of risks for the school IMHO.

If KU really did find what they believe are NCAA violations, even if minor ones, revealed in the exit interviews of coaches then they'd be forced to report them to avoid the NCAA finding out on their own and really sticking it to the school. It would also be grounds for voiding the payments to Beaty even if it didn't look good on the surface to the casual observer from a PR standpoint.

Despite what we'd all like, losing or being a bad head coach, aren't grounds for firing with cause in this case.

They could also be doing this to try and force an out of court settlement for less than the full amount, but that's a risky move if it were the case which could backfire big time. I doubt KU would risk this kind of move, so I'm betting KU AD feels they're on solid grounds.

I don't like getting the NCAA involved either. No good can come of that IMO. The NCAA is just not a fair independent arbiter. I don't trust them to properly handle any case really, even very minor ones. They're a corrupt institution when it comes to investigations IMHO.

I think KU has more to lose here than Beaty does.

Best case scenario here in my opinion is that KU found some very minor potential violations which would result in no penalty of any real consequence, but would still be enough to either void what is still owed to Beaty or at least greatly reduce that amount.
Posted by: track

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/14/19 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I don't like it.

You have to figure or at least hope KU feels there are solid grounds to be withholding his payments for now, otherwise this is just a bad PR move with a lot of risks for the school IMHO.

If KU really did find what they believe are NCAA violations, even if minor ones, revealed in the exit interviews of coaches then they'd be forced to report them to avoid the NCAA finding out on their own and really sticking it to the school. It would also be grounds for voiding the payments to Beaty even if it didn't look good on the surface to the casual observer from a PR standpoint.

Despite what we'd all like, losing or being a bad head coach, aren't grounds for firing with cause in this case.

They could also be doing this to try and force an out of court settlement for less than the full amount, but that's a risky move if it were the case which could backfire big time. I doubt KU would risk this kind of move, so I'm betting KU AD feels they're on solid grounds.

I don't like getting the NCAA involved either. No good can come of that IMO. The NCAA is just not a fair independent arbiter. I don't trust them to properly handle any case really, even very minor ones. They're a corrupt institution when it comes to investigations IMHO.

I think KU has more to lose here than Beaty does.

Best case scenario here in my opinion is that KU found some very minor potential violations which would result in no penalty of any real consequence, but would still be enough to either void what is still owed to Beaty or at least greatly reduce that amount.

One is lead to believe there are people in the AD department that discussed trying to get something on Beaty to avoid payment. The lawsuit certainly implies they have info to that effect. Will be interesting to see what happens when people are put under oath if this goes to trial....if it ever does.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 03/14/19 07:55 PM

"one is lead" is a crock of crap.
lawsuit has motive to make KU look horrible. Both you and Betty look like blood bros...if you accept.
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 04/10/19 08:47 PM

IF we paid Derp and Chaz Frontbutt (two people who absolutely annihilated the program) we should pay Betty (the only coach we've had since our real coach Mangino that actually left the program BETTER than he found it).

This is stupid.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 04/10/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
IF we paid Derp and Chaz Frontbutt (two people who absolutely annihilated the program) we should pay Betty (the only coach we've had since our real coach Mangino that actually left the program BETTER than he found it).

This is stupid.
It's all cover your ass lawyer driven bullsh|it from both sides. Doesn't look good for anyone involved, KU or Beaty IMHO.
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 04/13/19 06:29 PM

Agreed, KMan!

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 04/13/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

This is stupid.
It's all cover your ass lawyer driven bullsh|it from both sides. Doesn't look good for anyone involved, KU or Beaty IMHO.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/f...ocid=spartandhp
This is for those poster fans who LOVED Betty. This is your day!!!
Posted by: Kirk

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 04/15/19 09:56 PM

I consider Beaty thoroughly incompetent as a head coach at this level, particularly in leading a program. (Of course he's an idiot on the sideline.) Anyway, I can definitely imagine that the crux of KU's claim -- that Beaty refused to cooperate with the investigation -- is essentially true, even if out of sheer ineptitude. Not a stretch for me.

I'm also comfortable with the above assumption that the language of the contract provides plenty of running room in respect to the much discussed "without cause" situation.

So I think KU is sticking it to Beaty, probably not without reason, and will use the legal situation to retain a few bucks. Why? Because for once, they care about the damn program.

I look around and...I don't see anybody in the national media grousing about KU playing hardball with a stanky ol' position coach. Nobody cares. And even if they did, the real news is that KU football finally has some blood pumping again because somebody on the hill got serious about the sport. Which allowed us to hire a serious AD and a serious-if-bizarre head coach who can definitely staff and run an organization.

It's not a terribly politic or sweet business....KU has struggled over the decades to understand this. Losers can be nice people, but they need to do it someplace else, not here. If Beaty left an additional turd on campus, such as a really stupid violation that's going to surface anyway, then great. Let him pay.

As for KU being in danger of becoming a pariah in the eyes of the football world, we already did that by firing Mangino and then hand-jobbing a series of the suckiest head coaches with the most mindblowingly lame resumes ever brought to a Big XII job interview.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 05/20/19 05:43 PM

KU files law suit to dismiss Beaty's suit....same reason, he wouldnt cooperate in investigation of alledged NCAA violations.

At this point does anyone know what the violations consist of?

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 05/23/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
KU files law suit to dismiss Beaty's suit....same reason, he wouldnt cooperate in investigation of alledged NCAA violations.

At this point does anyone know what the violations consist of?
Believe it had to do with off-field staff doing some on-field coaching. If my memory serves me, it was during some off season workouts or something. Basically something minor that happens at virtually all schools but brings up some contract law potential problems once KU became officially aware of it.

Re: Beaty sueing Kansas - 06/02/19 11:01 AM

If Betty was as competent at being a head coach as he is in litigating against Kansas for his fake parachute, perhaps he could have won some more games for us, the fans. Dadgum it!!

The folks wanting him to get his cash grab, are the type of wilting fans we don't need...