O.C. Chip Lindsey

Posted by: DrGreydog

O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 02:59 PM

interviewing for HC position at Troy
Posted by: beenahawk

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog

Troy should court a guy I know of well instead of Chip.....4 years of P-5 level head coaching experience, mind like a steel trap, decisively indecisive and an expert in analytics. He is also know to take jobs on the cheap. Dave Beaty please apply at once!
Posted by: Kman_blue

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 05:35 PM

Last I heard Beaty had a standing offer to join the staff at Texas, but I'm not sure if he's said "yes" to it or not.

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
I selfishly hope he doesn't get the job or take it if offered. Think he could do really well here for us.
Posted by: PbBut

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 09:26 PM

It doesn't help us this late in the process, but the good news is that Miles has been able to assemble a staff that people are looking to poach before they've ever played a game. That can't be all bad.
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 09:44 PM

He got the job. I think this hurts badly. I swear....the curse of Lew "F the fans" Perkins will not be broken easily.

RCJHKU!
Posted by: pizzanbeer

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/09/19 10:24 PM

I've got faith in Les to find another good OC.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/10/19 08:58 AM

Kinda of late in the game to find an OC. I mean most are under contract. Can't say they can't get out of a contract for more money or a move up to a P-5 conference. I just think Miles is limited in what he can find.
Posted by: Josh2408

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/10/19 09:28 AM

I thought Lindsey could've done some really exciting things here now what/who do we go after?
Posted by: Topcitykid10

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/10/19 09:32 AM

Not ideal to lose a OC in the first few months but when he left Auburn fans were kinda glad he was not coming back next year. Their bowl game they crushed with their new OC. I'm sure Lindsey would help us with recruits in the south but maybe Fedora will come on board.
Posted by: bjdku

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/11/19 04:39 PM

Whats the possibility that there could be further collateral damage and some of the position coaches get hired away to Troy? Were there any coaches on the offensive side that are loyal to Chip Lindsey or he brought on board? That would further hurt our recruiting.

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/11/19 06:12 PM

Nobody else from KU following Lindsey to Troy.

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/11/19 07:21 PM

I realize all the hires have been pretty much hush hush so far...but has anyone heard any rumors about a replacement?

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/11/19 08:03 PM

Only thing I've heard is Miles was meeting with some other coaches at the coaches convention.
Posted by: AlOerter

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/13/19 09:26 PM

Major Applewhite or Larry Fedora?

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/14/19 11:26 AM

I'd pass on Applewhite. Word is he's very difficult to deal with off the field.
Posted by: beenahawk

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/14/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I'd pass on Applewhite. Word is he's very difficult to deal with off the field.

He is still upset that he hasn't been promoted to Lt. Colonel yet. wink

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/14/19 07:02 PM

Whoever we get needs to be a good recruiter. Read where Lindsey had a good line on a four star QB.
Posted by: appyhawk

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/14/19 08:14 PM

^^^^Yep.
From my post buried in the recruiting thread...

"Robby Ashford QB
Linsey offered the 4****. Probly gonna be lots of competition to get him, but he would be a great get. IMO, from what I've seen on film Robby is a multi talented PLAYER! Great running threat, can throw on the run, seems to make good decisions under duress. I feel he'd be a step up for KU at QB. Would really like to see him teamed with Pooka, Charlot, etal."

I'd like to think that kid won't be that excited about the prospects of playing for Troy. But I bet we need a home run for OC to get in the game for him without Lindsey.
Posted by: Topcitykid10

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/16/19 04:11 PM

Hope its soon, signing day coming up in a few weeks.

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/17/19 10:31 PM

Link Courtesy of 247Sports.com

Kansas going hard after Cincinnati Offensive coordinator and Tight Ends coach Mike Denbrock

https://247sports.com/Article/Kansas-and...role-127974006/

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/18/19 07:42 AM

Sounds like a solid hire if if happens. My question would be who will be our qb coach?

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/18/19 06:22 PM

Denbrock has withdrawn his name to stay at Cincy. Too bad, but at least it shows that Miles is not just looking at leftovers.

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/18/19 07:33 PM

damn he would've been stellar!!

Re: O.C. Chip Lindsey - 01/19/19 09:52 AM

Someone good will say yes if we can get him on campus to tour facilities. I think national presumption is KU football is crappy therefore facilities must be crappy.

Preliminary indications are Miles is trying to build the program right.