many of you followed will geary's path

Posted by: tmcats

many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 10:34 AM

the former topeka walk-on - whose g'father went nutso here at wtfchuck for not recruiting him - was named a 'pro football focus' all-american first teamer. quite a journey for the youngster who lost both his g'father and dad along the k-state way.

Posted by: beenahawk

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 11:13 AM

Quite a story, quite the kid!
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 03:19 PM

Quite the telling of why we fu(king suck balls.
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 04:52 PM

Geary is an overachiever big time. But has plenty of warts to show for it. Let’s let this story play itself out before KSU breaks their arm patting themselves on the back.
Posted by: schmuck34

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 05:18 PM

Again I'm reminded of why I have KUCO on mute. Can't even give props to a local kid who has had a great career. Back to ignoring him for the rest of my life.

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: schmuck34
Again I'm reminded of why I have KUCO on mute. Can't even give props to a local kid who has had a great career. Back to ignoring him for the rest of my life.
I can’t give a crap about your mute button but my opinion is valued. Geary has had some ups and downs. Let’s not put him in the NFL HOF just yet. All I’m saying.

If Nob Bob wants to keep it up, I say where was he in the bowl game? Suspended...

Edit: not the KSU board.

Bob was only wanting to promote Geary as an NFL sure thing. Not what Schmuck says is the point.

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 06:00 PM

Tired of being misrepresented on this board
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Tired of being misrepresented on this board
We all are...
Posted by: schmuck34

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/07/17 11:43 PM

Show of hands: Who values Kucos opinions?

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 04:40 AM

My take is will geary s/b respected enuf by Bob to be known as Will Geary. Sorry Bob.
Posted by: vmlb

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 08:10 AM

Always remember where KUCO is coming from. When your husband has an opinion, you always stand by him, right or wrong. Her husband thought Will wasn't good enough to play on his team, and didn't deserve any respect. CW, her husband is and was always right.
Posted by: dgless21

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 08:45 AM

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: tmcats
the former topeka walk-on Will Geary - was named a 'pro football focus'(PFF) all-american first teamer. quite a journey for the youngster who lost both his g'father and dad along the k-state way.

PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[7] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of their ratings. As such, the ratings are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.

Not my words, but from another outside source. Don't kill the messenger, schmuck.
Posted by: dgless21

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 11:44 AM

It's hypocritical to cite an unnamed and unreliable source (Wikipedia, in this case) to suggest that PFF is an unreliable source.

From the very same article Wikipedia cites that criticizes PFF, the author also states, "I do feel there is some merit and value to the work that Pro Football Focus is putting in."

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 12:04 PM

GM Phil Emery of the Bears has publicly said that his analytics team reads Pro Football Focus along with other advanced metrics sites like Football Outsiders. At the same time, the Bears still have a scout team, use film, and have all the other normal tricks that a team uses to analyze another team. To me, that says everything. Pro Football Focus is useful as a contributor, but it's not the be-all, end-all of football stats.

Another source, okay?

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dgless21

LOL
Posted by: tmcats

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/08/17 01:03 PM

geary was named a.p. 1st team all-conference for the third consecutive year.

3 years running for topeka walk-on [i][/i]
Posted by: Jman1

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/09/17 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: tmcats
geary was named a.p. 1st team all-conference for the third consecutive year.

3 years running for topeka walk-on [i][/i]

Good for him. If I remember I correctly that kid was an all-state wrestling champion in the heavy weight division, was throwing shot put(I believe) at a high level and was throwing IMMENSE amount of weight in the weight room, but Pffffft we don't need that. KU could have landed him and Beaty et al would have coached him UP to be an Honorable mention All-conference. But even if he had gotten here he prolly would have transferred to KSU and take the sit year. That, in essence, would have made him even more of a beast
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: many of you followed will geary's path - 12/10/17 07:25 AM

I think the point being made, that many are missing, is that we COULD'VE HAD THIS KID WITH NO EFFORT.

But, no. we are obviously just too superior of a program to take a 4 time heavyweight wrestling state champ and powerlifting monster because Chaz Frontbutt says you MUST be at least 6'5".

I guess the good thing about Beaty is, he isn't even drawing interest from the best local kids.

The process.

RCJHKU!