Will Geary

Posted by: KUHawkhead

Will Geary - 09/30/17 04:36 PM

Watching him just dominate for KSU truly makes me sick. This is a kid who wanted only one thing....to play at KU. His father, grandfather, and great grandfather all graduated from KU and I believe all played football at KU as well. Unfortunately, Chaz Frontbutt decided he was too good to come to KU and play so refused to even give him a walk on (what KSU did).

It's always decisions like this made by incompetent coaches that keeps KU in the the basement of the Truckstop Ten conference.

RCJHKU!
Posted by: Kman_blue

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 05:50 PM

Not quite true.

KU offered him the same deal ksu did.

BUT, Weis refused to let anyone at KU engage him on any meaningful way to recruit him other than letting him know he had a walkon spot if he wanted to come. ksu on the other hand kept recruiting him and making him feel wanted, even though they never offered.

I think if Weis would have gone after him as a recruited preferred walkon he'd either have come to KU or forced ksu to offer him.

Can't recall for sure, his dad played at KU as did his great-grandfather (via his dad's mom's father if you can follow that. LOL) but not sure on his grandfather.

Kid has flunked several drug tests while at ksu. I believe 3 or 4 by my last count. He was kicked off their team for an off-season (typical snyder M.O.) for it but magically reappeared on the roster a couple weeks before the next season.
Posted by: INation

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 07:11 PM

Doesn't matter, If he came to KU he would not have been coached up like he is at KSU. If KU and KSU traded rosters KU would still suck and KSU would still be where they are.
Posted by: vmlb

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 07:20 PM

Armstrong was coached all the way to preseason player of the year.
Posted by: dgless21

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 07:31 PM

Wise was a two star recruit once upon a time, too.

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 07:34 PM

I hadn't heard about the drug tests. Weed? Or steroids? Nevermind what I said then.

Re: Will Geary - 09/30/17 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: vmlb

And that has lead to what in the regular season?
Posted by: Kman_blue

Re: Will Geary - 10/01/17 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I hadn't heard about the drug tests. Weed? Or steroids? Nevermind what I said then.
Word was all but 1 was for weed and the other was for PED's. Though I don't think he missed a season so not sure how that went down if true.

Re: Will Geary - 10/01/17 08:07 AM

Gosh, I'm surprised the great Bill Snydjob didn't suspend him. Oh wait...he's a starter.

RCJHKU!
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Will Geary - 10/01/17 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Gosh, I'm surprised the great Bill Snydjob didn't suspend him. Oh wait...he's a starter.

RCJHKU!
The Will Geary story hasn't been told recently enough, so it's all good.

Re: Will Geary - 10/01/17 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: INation

The 2016 season led to him being preseason player of the year. One hell of a regular season. What can't you understand?
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: Will Geary - 10/02/17 06:58 PM

Doesn't matter, If he came to KU he would not have been coached up like he is at KSU. If KU and KSU traded rosters KU would still suck and KSU would still be where they are.
This!

Re: Will Geary - 10/02/17 08:13 PM

The 2016 season led to him being preseason player of the year. One hell of a regular season. What can't you understand?

We are talking about this year. 2017. Try and keep up!

Re: Will Geary - 10/02/17 08:19 PM

We are talking about this year. 2017. Try and keep up!

Same coaches. Understand?

Re: Will Geary - 10/05/17 02:58 PM

Nevermind, this went over your head